Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
It is like republicans don't know that wage have remained flat since the 80s.
Dude, this is a thread where people are calling Bill Clinton a liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 05:04 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Quote:
It is like republicans don't know that wage have remained flat since the 80s.

What exactly does that have to do with Hillary's comment or the thread? Nothing.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Yep. Which is exactly one of the things I meant when I said it is liberalism and crony capitalism aka the Establishment that are the ones who do anything to stifle opportunity in America. People dump on the Tea Part and Conservatives but they are the ones who actually want to continue to keep the ladders of success available for all. They're the ones that want to see anyone have a chance and succeed if they try hard enough.

This whole inequality push recently is a bunch of nonsense. Is every thing and everyone always equal? No. Do some have to work harder than others? Yes. But that is life. That is how it works. You can not make everyone and everything equal, no matter how hard you try. But the fact remains, that everyone in America can succeed. Will they always? No. Will many fail? Yes. But you fail and get back up and keep trying.

This inequality push is just more class warfare bs. Same type of crap that the recent killer wrote. Jealous of others and yada yada yada. The left continues to push this obsession with inequality and demonize some who succeed.
Your comments make it seem like you believe that Democrats and Liberals want to hurt this country, is that what you are saying ?

Old 05-28-2014, 05:07 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,828 times
Quote:
What exactly does that have to do with Hillary's comment or the thread? Nothing.
Here you go
U.S. income inequality, on rise for decades, is now highest since 1928 | Pew Research Center

Old 05-28-2014, 05:08 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,637 times
Quote:
The U.S. is ranked near Uganda when it come to income equality.
Even if that is true, I would bet that most people live far better here than Uganda.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Read your own OP

Quote:

My God this woman is an idiot. What the hell is she even talking about? Where is all this inequality exactly?

Old 05-28-2014, 05:09 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well good for you, but I am also fairly successful, matter-o-fact, I'm 43 and just last October received my 4 year degree..

No, that was one portion, why did you derive that it was just college that makes someone successful?

Sounds like you are jealous, and you want to have this guys money, so you can succeed, without having to work.

Here is one better, a child (13 - 17) has to hunt to feed his family in the mid 1980, at 17 he goes into the military makes a successful career out of the military and retires at 38. Then he gets his degree goes into contracting with the U.S. Government and is doing pretty good for himself and his family. BTW, this is my story...

You mean he used what was there, like so many other people have to do? Or do you think that everyone is like person "A"? I think you honestly believe that person A is everyone in the country.

Yes, I would say B is the success, not A....I also fall in the B section...

How does it feel to be so wrong, but you are used to it.

They are there, because these you kids don't want to or even care to go after what is there, is not my fault...it's there. Scholarships are abundant. Because you beleive they are not does not mean it's ture.

But, did you not just say nobody has the same opportunity? Which you did, just say, not everyone has the same.

Why did you cherry pic a portion of the sentence and leave out the "Blah blah blah" that is truly leftist of you.

Which you then go blah blah about ignoring the fact that you just defined class in our society. Nice!
No, i went blah blah blah because what you stated was a bunch of crap...that's what the blah blah blah meant....and you knew this...but yet you cherry picked what you felt you needed to make yourself look better....

You have failed at everything in this thread...sorry...[/quote]

Funny, Im 43 too. Your definition of success is why you fail. Inequality is not about the 1%-its about the .1 or even the .001%. Your definition of success shows you really dont understand the kind of inequality we are talking about, or the kind of wealth.

When the top 400 own over 50% of the wealth, by definition their children do not share the same equality of opportunity. If you think otherwise you are deluded.

And cherry picked a portion? I stated what you said, and then stated that the following blah blah-FROM YOU was indicative. Thats hardly out of context.

But hey...what else should I expect from some rightest? Right? Come on labeling me in the argument like that is just an excuse to avoid facts.

But lets see-the A guy makes 20 million a year and is a failure? The B guy paying off debt and making only 100K is a success? Sooo...thats your equality of result? How can you then not see the problem?

Old 05-28-2014, 05:14 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Even if that is true, I would bet that most people live far better here than Uganda.
I don't think that is something to be too proud of. Americans have borrow money to live that same life style they did in the 50s.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:17 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,173,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It was her steppingstone into national politics.

It worked well for her too.
The Clintons have solid connections.

Hillary's fell off her stepping stone when she was kicked out of the Watergate hearings for ethics violations.

Old 05-28-2014, 05:23 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,637 times
Quote:
I don't think that is something to be too proud of. Americans have borrow money to live that same life style they did in the 50s.

Well actually, that is due to inflation. I am not "proud" of the income inequality but it exists for a variety of reasons. I am middle class and very grateful to live in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies