U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 12:36 PM

6,500 posts, read 5,573,199 times

Advertisements

Hillary Clinton: Country Has to Deal with the 'Cancer of Inequality'

My God this woman is an idiot. What the hell is she even talking about? Where is all this inequality exactly? And it is the CANCER OF LIBERALISM that destroys any ladders of opportunity.

America is the freest nation on Earth with the most opportunity out there for anyone to take advantage of and reach for their dreams. Yet it is the Democrats who stifle that. And yet, there will be the drones who will applaud and cheer her without thinking for a moment of the fact that she has no damn clue on what she is even talking about.

Quote:
“At the time I became secretary, there was a fairly strong current of thinking that the United States was in decline, I didn’t believe it then, and I don’t believe it now, but I also don’t believe that our leadership is somehow endowed from birth of our country. I think people will see that we are strong and well-equipped to restore prosperity here at home, to deal with the cancer of inequality, to give people in our country the ladders of opportunity that have always been a hallmark of the United States and the American Dream. But they will recognize that doesn’t happen by accident or wishing for it or engaging in ideological and rhetorical battles. That happens because people come together and make a series of choices, including some hard choices to establish a foundation for a strong economy, a strong united society.”
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 12:37 PM

5,094 posts, read 4,755,705 times
Glorified housewife.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:37 PM

86,067 posts, read 78,601,825 times
Her husband made the choice that cheap overseas labor was our road to "prosperity".

Old 05-28-2014, 12:39 PM

41,533 posts, read 22,622,257 times
I'd like to know who does not have the "ladders of opportunity"?

Funny how the left want's the same outcome for everyone...

Old 05-28-2014, 12:40 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,058,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Glorified housewife.
That's unfair to housewives.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:42 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,661,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Her husband made the choice that cheap overseas labor was our road to "prosperity".
Yep. Until she talks about revising NAFTA, addressing immigration, undoing the damage done by repealing Glass-Steagall, and the kowtowing to Wall Street by "third way" Democrats she has not place to talk about inequality in the US.

That said, she's correct that it is a cancer and huge threat to the future prosperity of this nation.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:44 PM

7,416 posts, read 5,614,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Hillary Clinton: Country Has to Deal with the 'Cancer of Inequality'

My God this woman is an idiot. What the hell is she even talking about? Where is all this inequality exactly? And it is the CANCER OF LIBERALISM that destroys any ladders of opportunity.

America is the freest nation on Earth with the most opportunity out there for anyone to take advantage of and reach for their dreams. Yet it is the Democrats who stifle that. And yet, there will be the drones who will applaud and cheer her without thinking for a moment of the fact that she has no damn clue on what she is even talking about.
She's just appealing to her base by using emotionalism.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:45 PM

12,814 posts, read 6,922,052 times
Quote:
People in this country are so prosperous they don't even have to work.

Great Society, man.

Great Society.

Grate Society, that is!

Most people here live in grated tunnels.

Grated communities.

Aren't you grateful?

I feel like grated cheese.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:47 PM

86,067 posts, read 78,601,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Yep. Until she talks about revising NAFTA, addressing immigration, undoing the damage done by repealing Glass-Steagall, and the kowtowing to Wall Street by "third way" Democrats she has not place to talk about inequality in the US.

That said, she's correct that it is a cancer and huge threat to the future prosperity of this nation.
Production is all but gone.
Look at world economies. The ones doing well are the producers.

As a consumer nation we have to spend to get ahead.
To spend takes money.
But all we have now are low paying service jobs.

We. are. toast.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:47 PM

6,500 posts, read 5,573,199 times
Quote:
Yep. Which is exactly one of the things I meant when I said it is liberalism and crony capitalism aka the Establishment that are the ones who do anything to stifle opportunity in America. People dump on the Tea Part and Conservatives but they are the ones who actually want to continue to keep the ladders of success available for all. They're the ones that want to see anyone have a chance and succeed if they try hard enough.

This whole inequality push recently is a bunch of nonsense. Is every thing and everyone always equal? No. Do some have to work harder than others? Yes. But that is life. That is how it works. You can not make everyone and everything equal, no matter how hard you try. But the fact remains, that everyone in America can succeed. Will they always? No. Will many fail? Yes. But you fail and get back up and keep trying.

This inequality push is just more class warfare bs. Same type of crap that the recent killer wrote. Jealous of others and yada yada yada. The left continues to push this obsession with inequality and demonize some who succeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies