Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these companies have you boycotted for political reasons?
Chick fil A 13 12.15%
Duck Dynasty brand 3 2.80%
BP 3 2.80%
Walmart 12 11.21%
Citgo 9 8.41%
Denny's 0 0%
Arizona Iced Tea 0 0%
Sabra hummus 2 1.87%
Florida orange juice 1 0.93%
Berretta 1 0.93%
None 63 58.88%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 12:15 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I have to vote none, because I'm not a regular customer of any of those companies. I think I've bought Sabra a couple of times, but I usually make my own hummus. I haven't shopped in a Walmart since 1997, and nobody in my family cares for Chick-Fil-A. Duck Dynasty? Please. I'm aware of who they are, but I'm not exactly their target customer. I'm pretty sure my kids occasionally drink Arizona. I have no idea what the Florida Orange Juice thing is about, but we don't keep orange juice around at all. Nobody in this house has any interest in owning a firearm, so to say that we're boycotting Beretta is a bit of a stretch. Our gas comes from a station that may or may not buy from British Petroleum. Who knows? No Denny's anywhere around here, but it's not really the kind of restaurant I favor.
I'm sort of in the same situation as you

Chick-fil-a always tasted disgusting to me, so technically I can't boycott it because I never ate there in the beginning.

I never had any interest in Duck Dynasty whatsoever.

I never have had Arizona Tea, and I'm not interested in trying it.

I don't drink orange juice, except for an occasional mimosa and I have no idea what brand is used.

Denny's is nasty.

Beretta's are expensive. I have a Glock.

I've never stepped foot in a Hobby Lobby, looks like a store full of junk and tchotchkes no one needs.

There's not a BP gas station in my area. I normally go to Racetrac, Quick Trip, or 7-11. I have no idea where their gas comes from, nor do I care.

I purposely don't go to Wal-Mart because the ones near me are trashy and ghetto. There are plenty of other reasons not to go there. They are a drain on government, and teach their employees how to be welfare queens.
One Walmart's Low Wages Could Cost Taxpayers $900,000 Per Year, House Dems Find

I don't shop at Sam's Club either. I have no need for large bulk items. I live in an apartment, and don't want it looking like Mama June's house.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:02 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,971 times
You forgot starbucks coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 05:54 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I've read about Democrats and liberals suggesting boycotting it because they MISTAKENLY THOUGHT it was from the state of Arizona, which they boycotted because of the illegal immigration law. Some people canceled trips to Arizona in order to show solidarity with the illegal aliens. Florida Orange Juice is boycotted by some because of Trayvon and some NAACP chapters have called for Florida boycotts (this is the group that boycotts South Carolina, a state with a minority female governor and a black Senator because the rebel flag flies on the state house grounds).
Ah, I never heard of anyone boycotting Arizona Tea, must have missed that one.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:56 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
because they make that watermelon fruit punch that trevon martin made into the drug.
That makes no sense and I have never heard of anyone boycotting it for that reason.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:40 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
any food with GMO's.

Sabra, iirc has organic brands.

Walmart doesn't exist where I live.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:01 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
should be able to pick more than one, but I chose chik a fila in the poll. I didn't eat there before all the controversy. their food is gross and overpriced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies