Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 09:10 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Tory MP Kris Hopkins Sparks Row Over 'Muslim Gangs Raping White Kids' Remark

Gang rape: Is it a race issue? - Crime - UK - The Independent

I dare you to tell those poor people who were beaten, robbed, stabbed, burned out, raped, and had family and friends killed by these evil parasites imported by leftist in order to win elections, that they would still be beaten, robbed, stabbed, burned out, raped, or murdered if they were armed..I dare you.

Why is it never people like you who are victims of such events by such people...?

Its never people like you in the ghetto`s and later loaded on the trains to Auschwitz.

Its never people like you who are pulled from your houses or cars and beaten and raped, and murderd during the L.A Riots.

Its never people like you who were on planes that are hi-jacked or in buildings that the planes fly into during 9/11th.

Its never people like you who demand gun free zones that are shot in the back as they run for their lives during a mass shooting, see how that is the only course of action seeing how you cant return fire.

Its never people like you who are victims of illegal immigrates who are allowed to slip over our border like the snow of winter because we cant secure the border because of what ever moronic opinions and feelings you force on the American people.

Its never people like you...I only wish it was..

But then again such a common view point for r types is "What difference does it make"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The ability for self defense is legendary....... on the internet.
So you are telling me if you had a store, or a house and a bunch of immigrate youth had burning Molotov cocktails and you had say a AR15 for example, and you start firing at them, hitting a few of them, maybe breaking open and activing the Molotov cocktails and engulfing a few of the riots in burning gasoline, that would not make a few of them change their minds, and run as if their lives depended on it(because it does)?

Old 06-06-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
I dare you to post stats showing that that issue you are describing actually exists....

http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/national/...iolent-crimes-

Rape and attempted rape

Asian - 56
Black - 267
Chinese, Japanese or South East Asian - 8
Middle Eastern - 12
Unknown - 1
White - North European - 277
White - South European - 39
Total - 660
Non-white total – 51.9%

Then again, you dont care, or will choice to not believe that facts and information..

Old 06-06-2014, 09:33 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Because population of Serbia is smaller than London and because Serbia became a country about 20 years ago, it's still in its formative years and who knows how good of a job it does reporting its crime.... Man, were you born yesterday?
Serbia dates back to 1940, it was the central residue of the FROY, saying it's only 20 years old is like saying Russia is only 20 years old too.

Quote:
No, technically: the US is just 5 times bigger than the UK, while Serbia is 9 times smaller then the UK.
You see the difference . Lol
Nope, because it's numerical semantics, here's a question, what would you prefer to owe the bank... $53 Million, or $260 Million? If the lower, then clearly the proximity of the UK and Serbian populations are closer than the UK and US populations.

Quote:
In principle, nobody sane would compare crime rate of a 8 million city to a 25,000 town. It just doesn't make any sense.
So then comparing a country of 60 million people to a country of 320 million people does not make any sense either, thank you for your confirmation.

Quote:
Japan fears North Korea but it doesn't mean that both countries are equally industrialized..... Fear is not a criteria here. Lol. Just compare the GDP per capita and will understand the difference between the UK and Japan vs and Serbia, Russia and North Korea.
Japan doesn't particularly live in fear of NK, they know how effective it's ballistic missile capabilities are, and what fissile materials they have. It's a storm in a teacup, if they fired a nuke they'd be lucky to get it across the South Korean border, they'd have a better chance trucking it there.

GDP is not a good measure of industrialization, what is are technical accomplishments, Russia developed it's own nuclear weapon program, and arsenal, North Korea was in the main given it by Russia, and much of the technology from Good Ol' Uncle Sam (like gas centrifuges). Russia had to build their own gas centrifuges, that takes quite a degree of precision engineering.

However if you're looking at GDP per capita, can we go back to Turkey, it's #17 largest economy in the world, has low per capita gun ownership, and higher homicide rates than the US.

Quote:
But not Germany, Sweden, France or Italy. Do you need lessons in logic now?
So, Sweden used to drive on the left until the 60's clearly it's cultural for countries that drive on the left to have lower homicide rates, just because other countries have low homicide rates that do not drive on the left, does not imply that there is a lack of correlation.

Quote:
Yes in 1997 when the UK passed the ban on guns, Serbia was at war on its own territory.
No it wasn't, you know how I know, I was almost Courts Marshalled for having two of my company platoons inadvertently invade Serbia from Kosovo while on UN Peacekeeping duty. They were around 30 yards over the Serbian border (the map was wrong I swear it, and my Company Sergeant was doing the nav anyway).

Quote:
There was bloody war war there then! How do you think it affected crime and homicide rates? Lol
Not in Serbia, that's like saying there was a bloody war going on in Iraq, so the US homicide figures were higher. Hey maybe that's the problem... If we pull out of Afghanistan, our homicide rates will drop, I mean if it happened in Serbia...

Jeez, I feel like I'm talking to a personification of Poe's Law...

Old 06-06-2014, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Serbia dates back to 1940, it was the central residue of the FROY, saying it's only 20 years old is like saying Russia is only 20 years old too.

Nope, because it's numerical semantics, here's a question, what would you prefer to owe the bank... $53 Million, or $260 Million? If the lower, then clearly the proximity of the UK and Serbian populations are closer than the UK and US populations.

So then comparing a country of 60 million people to a country of 320 million people does not make any sense either, thank you for your confirmation.

Japan doesn't particularly live in fear of NK, they know how effective it's ballistic missile capabilities are, and what fissile materials they have. It's a storm in a teacup, if they fired a nuke they'd be lucky to get it across the South Korean border, they'd have a better chance trucking it there.

GDP is not a good measure of industrialization, what is are technical accomplishments, Russia developed it's own nuclear weapon program, and arsenal, North Korea was in the main given it by Russia, and much of the technology from Good Ol' Uncle Sam (like gas centrifuges). Russia had to build their own gas centrifuges, that takes quite a degree of precision engineering.

However if you're looking at GDP per capita, can we go back to Turkey, it's #17 largest economy in the world, has low per capita gun ownership, and higher homicide rates than the US.

So, Sweden used to drive on the left until the 60's clearly it's cultural for countries that drive on the left to have lower homicide rates, just because other countries have low homicide rates that do not drive on the left, does not imply that there is a lack of correlation.

No it wasn't, you know how I know, I was almost Courts Marshalled for having two of my company platoons inadvertently invade Serbia from Kosovo while on UN Peacekeeping duty. They were around 30 yards over the Serbian border (the map was wrong I swear it, and my Company Sergeant was doing the nav anyway).

Not in Serbia, that's like saying there was a bloody war going on in Iraq, so the US homicide figures were higher. Hey maybe that's the problem... If we pull out of Afghanistan, our homicide rates will drop, I mean if it happened in Serbia...

Jeez, I feel like I'm talking to a personification of Poe's Law...
So the rumors of that happening are true..

Old 06-07-2014, 12:27 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
England hasn't banned guns: you can still get a hunting rifle there. What are you talking about? Lol

Were talking about the fact that in Europe most guns are hunting rifles, concealed carry is virtually unattainable, and licensing process is way stricter than in the us. As always you're misinformed and just like faux you spread that false info around lol

hunting rifle. too bad the 2nd Amendment has really nothing to do with hunting. wish you libs would learn that 1st before spouting off like you know what you are talking about.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:22 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Ask David Olofson if the BATFE doesn't prosecute with vigor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form, that checks a wrong box, that answers a question inaccurately. - Joe Biden
Yep. Here's a good article with some neat links in it.

Gun Control Facts: Existing Gun Laws Would Reduce Crime, But These Are Not Enforced - PolicyMic

Old 06-07-2014, 11:30 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Maybe they should station an ATF agent at every gun counter. When the felon fails his background check we can cart him off to prison....

Old 06-07-2014, 12:06 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,502,664 times
Quote:
The state called Serbian Republic is actually just 7 years old, and the state called Russian Federation is just 25 years old. You're succeeded: you proved you know very little about European politics.

ROFLCOPTER!!!

Hilarious, you just proved that YOU know very little about European politics. That new state was formed from what old country? This is too good.... SERBIA!

What you are referencing was just a reform of the country that led to a "new" nation.

This would be the same thing as if Georgia left the U.S. and they reformatted the federal government slightly to deal with it. Would you consider the "New U.S." a completely new country?

Your argument is absurd. If you think that Serbia is a brand new thing from 7 years ago, you are insanely uninformed. Why have we been talking about Serbian murder rates in 1999? According to you, the country simply did not exist back then.... but I remember Serbia existing in 1999.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:26 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
This would be the same thing as if Georgia left the U.S. and they reformatted the federal government slightly to deal with it. Would you consider the "New U.S." a completely new country?

Your argument is absurd. If you think that Serbia is a brand new thing from 7 years ago, you are insanely uninformed. Why have we been talking about Serbian murder rates in 1999? According to you, the country simply did not exist back then.... but I remember Serbia existing in 1999.
Well taking his argument to it's logical conclusion the US is only 22 years old, the 27th Amendment placed an updated constitution on the US thus a change in the governing of the country. Clearly the history books are wrong too, since Russia sprang into being in 1993 (the new Russian Constitution) Czar Alexander couldn't have been the Czar of Russia, Germany is 20 (reunification) neither existed prior to those dates so who did we fight in WW2 again? Oh that's right we didn't fight anyone, because we didn't exist nor did they, it was a fiction created by some anonymous author. Italy is 68 it's an old timer, Japan is 67, France is merely 56 (the Fifth Republic) there was no 100 years war with England. China is only around 65 or so, they're completely lying when they say they're the oldest surviving civilization, and Buddha couldn't possibly be Nepalese, it was formed in 2008.

You can't make this stuff up...

Oh and interestingly did you also know that a couple of islands in the South Atlantic famed for penguins, sheep and being a source of friction between the UK and Argentina is more industrialized than the US, it's GDP per capita is higher and that determines industrialization. So is Qatar and if you've ever been there you will clearly note it's high standards of living, well maintained infrastructure and hi tech industries...

Like I said personification of Poes Law. The issue is that the poster makes so many exceptions to his hypothesis that it's clearly wrong, or blatantly revises known facts to suit the claim while disparaging anyone who presents those facts.

Ultimately here's my summation...

Old 06-07-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Well taking his argument to it's logical conclusion the US is only 22 years old, the 27th Amendment placed an updated constitution on the US thus a change in the governing of the country. Clearly the history books are wrong too, since Russia sprang into being in 1993 (the new Russian Constitution) Czar Alexander couldn't have been the Czar of Russia, Germany is 20 (reunification) neither existed prior to those dates so who did we fight in WW2 again? Oh that's right we didn't fight anyone, because we didn't exist nor did they, it was a fiction created by some anonymous author. Italy is 68 it's an old timer, Japan is 67, France is merely 56 (the Fifth Republic) there was no 100 years war with England. China is only around 65 or so, they're completely lying when they say they're the oldest surviving civilization, and Buddha couldn't possibly be Nepalese, it was formed in 2008.

You can't make this stuff up...

Oh and interestingly did you also know that a couple of islands in the South Atlantic famed for penguins, sheep and being a source of friction between the UK and Argentina is more industrialized than the US, it's GDP per capita is higher and that determines industrialization. So is Qatar and if you've ever been there you will clearly note it's high standards of living, well maintained infrastructure and hi tech industries...

Like I said personification of Poes Law. The issue is that the poster makes so many exceptions to his hypothesis that it's clearly wrong, or blatantly revises known facts to suit the claim while disparaging anyone who presents those facts.

Ultimately here's my summation...
No amount of laws or enforcement will ever be able to stop every horrific act of violence, or reduce all risks. It is true that “living is hazardous to your health”, and guns are potentially dangerous objects that on rare occasion can harm a user or bystander even when all safety procedures are faithfully followed. It is painfully transparent that the basis for most gun control arguments is fundamentally irrational, as they fixate on guns and the possible dangers they can pose while disregarding other things with equal or greater negative social impact.

Instead of getting drawn into their unwinnable arguments, we should re-frame the debate and ask why some people are so afraid of guns. Instead of getting pulled down to the lowest common denominator we should deconstruct their claims and put the issues in context. Firearms are simply not a significant enough problem to society to justify these debates and intrusions on our Second Amendment rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies