Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 11:26 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Wish I could sell my sunburn to black people so they can feel the white privilege.
LOL, yea that white privilege can be very painful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 11:31 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Wasn't some young women selling her "chastity"???
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Yeah she was. Not sure if it was eBay or another site.

That was really creepy.
Here's 8 women that did so.

8 Women Who Auctioned Off Their Virginity

Old 05-30-2014, 11:46 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofford View Post
Wish I could sell my sunburn to black people so they can feel the white privilege.
You might want to do a little research on that. Sunburns are not a white privilege, we get them too.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:31 AM

3,320 posts, read 4,127,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
You might want to do a little research on that. Sunburns are not a white privilege, we get them too.
I'm talking about the full white privilege, the red lobster/albino cookout special. To get the same experience you guys have to go into a reactor room for 15 minutes. I want Fukushima Protection that lasts.....how much ?

Old 05-31-2014, 06:25 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I'm white and don't think I have ever experienced any privilege of any kind. We were Air Force brats, went to public schools with any other kids, ate the same food the other kids did and didn't get a new car every few years. We had old junkers that ran until they died. My dad didn't run out and buy a color TV when everyone else did and we didn't go to McDonald's or other fast food joints, never had pizza or Chinese food delivered and I had to work my a## off around the house because my dad wanted me to.
When I got out of HS I had to bust my A$$ working like everyone else because that was the way it was done.

To this day I have to wonder where being white was such a privilege. Once I realized it was in the mind of those who coined the term it wasn't so hard to fathom. It is a misconceived notion. Rich white progressives have always tried to stir up trouble using these tactics.

Being alive and healthy is a privilege. Ask someone in poor health.
Well, see, here's the thing with white privilege. There are both black and white people all across every spectrum. The richest woman in the country and the president of the country are black and there are homeless destitute whites in the streets. Because of this, no matter what your circumstances are, there is always someone else who is better off than you are and someone else who is worse off than you are. So the white privilege claim can always be made and never be disproven. They can always say if only Oprah was white, she'd be even richer. They can always say no matter how hard you work, if you were black you'd have to work harder.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:48 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Here's 8 women that did so.

8 Women Who Auctioned Off Their Virginity
I thought about that when I started reading this thread. I wonder if it's legal...

Old 05-31-2014, 06:50 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I'm white and don't think I have ever experienced any privilege of any kind. We were Air Force brats, went to public schools with any other kids, ate the same food the other kids did and didn't get a new car every few years. We had old junkers that ran until they died. My dad didn't run out and buy a color TV when everyone else did and we didn't go to McDonald's or other fast food joints, never had pizza or Chinese food delivered and I had to work my a## off around the house because my dad wanted me to.
When I got out of HS I had to bust my A$$ working like everyone else because that was the way it was done.

To this day I have to wonder where being white was such a privilege. Once I realized it was in the mind of those who coined the term it wasn't so hard to fathom. It is a misconceived notion. Rich white progressives have always tried to stir up trouble using these tactics.

Being alive and healthy is a privilege. Ask someone in poor health.
That's the point of the sale; there is no white privilege. Privilege comes from money and familial status, not race.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:05 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Yeah she was. Not sure if it was eBay or another site.

That was really creepy.

Makes you wonder if she was really chaste. If she was willing to sell it the chances are no.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:39 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Well, see, here's the thing with white privilege. There are both black and white people all across every spectrum. The richest woman in the country and the president of the country are black and there are homeless destitute whites in the streets. Because of this, no matter what your circumstances are, there is always someone else who is better off than you are and someone else who is worse off than you are. So the white privilege claim can always be made and never be disproven. They can always say if only Oprah was white, she'd be even richer. They can always say no matter how hard you work, if you were black you'd have to work harder.
WAIT!!!!!!! Oprah is richer than me. BOUNCING OFF WALLS, BOUNCING OFF WALLS.

And I don't benefit from affirmative action. That's black privilege.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:44 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I had a black friend that went to tanning booths to help with a skin condition.

I thought of that when Obama put a tax on tanning......I think he was just aiming the tax at whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies