Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 06:27 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,034,806 times

Advertisements

Can you imagine if our government funded this with the tables turned and a group published the "Pitfalls of working with black people"? The media, hollywood, Democrats would be on it so fast making sure the entire country knew about it and would demand action. Yet, not a damn peep from any of them.

This group should not only not get a dime of government money, they have no business claiming to be a group about diversity. But Im sure our racist Attorney General is very proud.

Group That Made Anti-White Pamphlet Received DOJ Grants | The Daily Caller

Quote:
Pitfalls of Working With White People

White People are difficult to work with when they:

1. Ask stupid questions. ("How did you get your hair like that?")

2. Do not listen to people of color. (But are willing to readily hear the voices of other white
people.)

3. Benefit financially on the backs of people of color.

4. Need to be the authority.

5. Act as if they know more about the experiences of people of color than people of color do.

6. Are arrogant (but expect humility from people of color, especially men).

7. Expect that their "good" intent will always outweigh the negative impact of their actions.

8. Have very limited knowledge of people of color.

9. Expect to be cared for by people of color when they work against racism.

10. Expect to be appreciated by people of color when they work against racism.

11. Expect not be be criticized by people of color when they work against racism.

12. Expect to be emotionally unscathed when they work against racism.

13. Assume the experiences of all racial and ethnic groups are universal.

14. Speak for people of color.

15. Assume the role of the Great White Mother or Great White Father.

16. Say something stupid (“I don't see color;" "People are all the same.”)

17. Cannot follow, but must always lead.

18. Practice Colorblindness.

19. Excuse their obliviousness about the experiences of people of color.

20. Try to become honorary people of color.

21. When they act afraid of people of color.

22. When they don't own their own whiteness.

23. When they play the "everything is equal" game. (“Why don't we have a WHITE History
Month?")

24. Are more concerned with pets, vegetables, and dolphins than they are about the suffering
of people of color. (“It's cool that you're working on racism, I'm really into being a
Vegan’)

25. Play the "I'm-Oppressed-Too" Game. (“My people struggled when they came here too.")

26. Say that it is so difficult to work on racism that they need to take a break.

27. Insist that you remind them of some other famous person of color.

28. Believe that the greatest achievement they can make is to transcend race or ethnicity.

29. Get too friendly too fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 06:36 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,080 times
I agree. There are a lot of such grants that should be stopped. Quarter million here, quarter million there, and it all adds up quickly.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:37 AM

4,739 posts, read 10,436,420 times
OMG people of color are offended that white people are friendly! LOL

Old 05-23-2014, 06:41 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,022 times
Beyond idiotic...

Old 05-23-2014, 06:42 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Why are there grants again?

Old 05-23-2014, 06:47 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
LMAO, I used to get upset at things like this, for the sheer hypocrisy, and frankly, idiocy of the far left when it plays identity politics (this coming from a guy who is pretty damn liberal). I've always considered these kinds of people the opposite side of the same coin as RWNJs.

But then I realized that despite the fact that even the media gives credence and a pass for this type of stuff, it literally has no impact on anything in my life.

Those people who attend these conferences, publish these materials.... they are literally nothings and nobodies, and likely never will be. They have no power, so if this gives them just one day of happiness in what must otherwise be a pretty sad existence... then have fun. If they're teaching their kids this stuff, THEIR kids will be nothings and nobodies.

It's easier to study race theory and deconstruct white privilege than it is to go to law school, become an engineer or computer programmer... unless you can get someone to pay you a grant to write a racist tract for "people of color in the work place," but even that could be outsourced at this point, given how played out the rhetoric is.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why are there grants again?
Quote:
And an increasing share of their funding has come from the federal government – mainly the U.S. Department of Justice.

In fiscal year 2011, the center received a $250,000 grant from the Office on Violence Against Women, which falls under the DOJ.

In Aug. 2012, they received a $249,479 grant from the Office for Victims of Crimes to conduct “National field-generated training, technical assistance, and demonstration noncompetitive continuation projects.”
According to the DOJ’s 2012 program plan, Beyond Diversity Resource Center partnered with the school of social work at Rutgers University on a “demonstration project” that involved providers of victim services from across the country.

“The center will implement organizational development strategies with the participating organizations, offer relevant diversity training, and develop organizational protocols in an effort to enhance LGBTQ victim services,” according to the DOJ’s planning document.
[LEFT]

[/LEFT]

Nonsense really. Why are groups that receive government money heavily scrutinized and monitored? This is all essentially tax payer money. We should not be handing it out like candy. These groups want funding, then have a damn fundraiser. Groups like this should not get a dime of government money. They claim to be doing this that and this and it all just SOUNDS SO GREAT yet when you really get down to it, its not great. Some of its racist. As I said, the government needs to be giving out less money PERIOD. And groups like this, go have Al Sharpton hold a fundraiser for you.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:49 AM

411 posts, read 416,066 times
Perhaps the money would be better invested in writing a list of things that white people CAN do in the presence of black people.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:50 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,090 times
We have an administration run by a bunch of racists, starting with Obama and Holder.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
LMAO, I used to get upset at things like this, for the sheer hypocrisy, and frankly, idiocy of the far left when it plays identity politics (this coming from a guy who is pretty damn liberal). I've always considered these kinds of people the opposite side of the same coin as RWNJs.

But then I realized that despite the fact that even the media gives credence and a pass for this type of stuff, it literally has no impact on anything in my life.

Those people who attend these conferences, publish these materials.... they are literally nothings and nobodies, and likely never will be. They have no power, so if this gives them just one day of happiness in what must otherwise be a pretty sad existence... then have fun. If they're teaching their kids this stuff, THEIR kids will be nothings and nobodies.

It's easier to study race theory and deconstruct white privilege than it is to go to law school, become an engineer or computer programmer... unless you can get someone to pay you a grant to write a racist tract for "people of color in the work place," but even that could be outsourced at this point, given how played out the rhetoric is.

You're right. But when groups like this get grants from the Government, essentially money from tax payers, a stand should be taken. They want to do this stupid bs on their own with zero funding from the government, have at it you nut jobs. But never should these people get money from us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies