Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2014, 02:18 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times

Advertisements

That wasn't nice of her to say. However, the couple did get the attention they craved so it paid off. Is there a fundraiser for them yet?

Old 05-30-2014, 02:22 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Like race, sexual orientation is also a protected class.
A little research and it appears you are wrong:

"Although federal laws protect people from discrimination on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, age, and disability, there is no federal law that specifically outlaws discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. Attempts to pass federal legislation that would outlaw sexual orientation discrimination in private workplaces have been unsuccessful to date, although more members of Congress support such a bill each year."

Some states and cities have passed laws. I doubt Podunk, Texas is one of them.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:23 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I support the restaurants right to refuse service. I also support the peoples right to not eat in such a place.
I support the govt. right to close a business down that discriminates

Old 05-30-2014, 02:24 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
I didn't realize "traditional American values" includes hating people who are different than you.

Of course, let's all remember that the same arguments used against gays were used against: blacks, people of other faiths, inter-racial marriage, anyone who's not white, etc.

Yeah, real "tolerant" guys... very "traditional American values."

Where is hate involved? The article says he didn't like seeing two men rubbing on each other. That was the line for him. If he truly hated them, he would have kicked them out of the restaurant immediately.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:27 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Like race, sexual orientation is also a protected class.
No, it's not.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:27 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Where is hate involved? The article says he didn't like seeing two men rubbing on each other. That was the line for him. If he truly hated them, he would have kicked them out of the restaurant immediately.
Fail: he made a huge show of how we "don't serve **** here." - after taking their money, of course.

If the right-wing diehards actually bothered to read my posts, you'd note that I fully SUPPORT his right to kick people out - regardless of gay, straight, threesome, or whatever - if they refuse to behave properly in public, particularly in a family restaurant. Heck, as I've stated before, he even has the right to "not serve ****" if he so chooses, just as we have the right to call him a bigoted arse-hat and not do business with him. Freedom of speech cuts both ways - it doesn't just side with loonies.

But don't kid yourself for a moment that this was about "a couple being too romantic in public." Big Bigot Earl made it clear that this was about "****" and the knuckle-dragger doubled down on that, guaranteeing that bigotry is what his restaurant will be known for, not for family values.

Keep in mind this bigoted clown actually has this policy on the door of his business:

"Well, she was. That phrase is posted on a piece of paper on the front door of the restaurant.

The owner told us that sign had been here since the restaurant opened three years ago. He also said they have the right to refuse service to that couple in the future because they didn’t follow that policy."

There's no excusing that with "family values," and this is not about "a couple being too romantic in public." Big Bigot Earl is just a bigot, nothing more.

Last edited by Rambler123; 05-30-2014 at 02:38 PM..

Old 05-30-2014, 02:28 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Funny how he won't let anyone see the video. Took their money first, then kicked them out.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post

1) If being gay is a choice, than everyone must make the choice to be straight or gay. So, when did you - as a believer in "people chose to be gay" - chose to be straight?

While at the age of ten watching Raquel Welch in "One Million Years B.C"

2) If being gay is a choice, than anyone should be able to make that choice. So, what would it take for you to be gay? How much would you have to be paid?

2.7 million dollars, more if I had to actually engage in homosexual sex.

3) If being gay is a choice, why would anyone chose it? So, you honestly expect me to believe that people are going to chose to be gay when there is literally no advantage whatsoever to that choice? People are going to chose to live a lifestyle where they have vastly reduced numbers of sexual partners, have no ability to naturally have kids,
Kids are overrated. What don't kill ya makes ya stronger. I suggest listening to "A Boy Named Sue".

Old 05-30-2014, 02:33 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Funny how he won't let anyone see the video. Took their money first, then kicked them out.
They were kicked out?

Old 05-30-2014, 02:38 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
That wasn't nice of her to say. However, the couple did get the attention they craved so it paid off. Is there a fundraiser for them yet?
Maybe they are scam artists like the waitress who claimed a couple wrote a racist remark on their receipt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies