Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 10:14 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I'm ok with with this because people should be responsible for their actions and if you knowingly and willingly put other people's lives at risk, or worse actually cause people to die, then you need to be held responsible for that.
Yeah, but if people are responsible for their actions then fools who don't get themselves and their children vaccinated are the ones responsible for their foolishness. No, Jenny McCarthy and, sadly, Jim Carrey are doing the world no favours, but to my knowledge they're not doing anything other than spouting off.

Dr. Wakefield, on the other hand, started this in order to sell his own brand of autism-free vaccine. And he didn't just find a publisher, he committed scientific fraud. I wonder if, based on the commercial aspect, he has committed a crime.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:50 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Yeah, but if people are responsible for their actions then fools who don't get themselves and their children vaccinated are the ones responsible for their foolishness. No, Jenny McCarthy and, sadly, Jim Carrey are doing the world no favours, but to my knowledge they're not doing anything other than spouting off.

Dr. Wakefield, on the other hand, started this in order to sell his own brand of autism-free vaccine. And he didn't just find a publisher, he committed scientific fraud. I wonder if, based on the commercial aspect, he has committed a crime.
I agree, 100%. However, Jenny McCarthy appealed to parents as a parent, that's what made her claims so "credible" to some.

Wakefield did get stripped of his British medical license, for I believe it was malpractice.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:34 PM

546 posts, read 547,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeterMedia View Post
The amount of people who have died due to being vaccinated is minuscule, literally less than half a dozen cases a year in the U.S, and always due to some unknown allergy, or weakened immune response. Tragic, but numerically, not even a thousandth of a percentile of the U.S population.

The amount of people who die every year due to NOT being vaccinated is literally in the hundreds per a year in the U.S documented (could be much higher), and millions world wide.

According to the WHO, the developing world (Africa, parts of East Asia, etc) has a mortality figure of 1.34 million for TB alone, a disease people in the U.S are often vaccinated for at birth.

It's pretty obvious which camp is putting more bodies in the ground, the anti vaxxers are experts at killing people.

Hey that's nice that Muslims practicing Sharia Law were once enlightened people who used to do great things, but in the 21st century they are a group of nut bags who stone women to death for marrying non-muslims. They use violence and threats to intimidate people to join their religion, and I'm glad liberal hero Obama has a fleet of drones flying over the middle-east trying to take these guys out.
None of what you say here can be substantiated. You may want to take a course explaining the true meaning of freedom, especially after that last sentence in your post! It probably won't be long before those very same drones are pointed at YOU for doing something that someone else doesn't like, and they call YOU a scourge on society. Keep looking up!

Old 05-31-2014, 02:05 PM

546 posts, read 547,367 times
Keep looking up? Yes!

Inside the Ring: Directive outlines Obama's plan to use the military against citizens - Washington Times

Old 05-31-2014, 02:13 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I agree, 100%. However, Jenny McCarthy appealed to parents as a parent, that's what made her claims so "credible" to some.

Wakefield did get stripped of his British medical license, for I believe it was malpractice.
His studied turned out to be outright fraud but what hung him just as badly was his non-disclosure that his study was funded by trial lawyers with vaccine related litigation.

They paid him an awful lot of blood money and a lot of fools believed him and their children suffered for it.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:41 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Should anti-vaxxers be criminally liable for the death and misery they've helped spread?
Dramatic much?

To answer the question if antivaxxers should be held criminally responsible for others contracting communicable disease, absolutely not. Healthcare decisions are up to the individual. We cannot prosecute people for making decisions that may not jive with the mainstream point of view. There are many ways to maintain health. If you want vaccines, get them but you can't force others to comply with your preferred method. Don't like the fact that not everyone gets vaccinated? Go live in an isolation chamber.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:55 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,824,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
None of what you say here can be substantiated.
Of course it can! 1.3 million people died in 2012 alone due to TB, something we vaccinate for regularly here. You simply aren't educated on the real world statistics that are already out there. But few anti-vaxxers are unfortunately.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs104/en/

Old 05-31-2014, 03:59 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,824,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Dramatic much?

To answer the question if antivaxxers should be held criminally responsible for others contracting communicable disease, absolutely not. Healthcare decisions are up to the individual. We cannot prosecute people for making decisions that may not jive with the mainstream point of view. There are many ways to maintain health. If you want vaccines, get them but you can't force others to comply with your preferred method. Don't like the fact that not everyone gets vaccinated? Go live in an isolation chamber.
Typical anti-vaxxer logic, "Who cares if people spread deadly disease, it's their right to spread deadly viruses that have had safe vaccinations for decades! If people die so what? It's their right to kill with their backwards idiotic logic based on voodoo science!"

Old 05-31-2014, 04:01 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Typical anti-vaxxer logic, "Who cares if people spread deadly disease, it's their right to spread deadly viruses that have had safe vaccinations for decades! If people die so what? It's their right to kill with their backwards idiotic logic based on voodoo science!"
Eat dirt!

Old 05-31-2014, 04:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Of course it can! 1.3 million people died in 2012 alone due to TB, something we vaccinate for regularly here. You simply aren't educated on the real world statistics that are already out there. But few anti-vaxxers are unfortunately.

WHO | Tuberculosis
Much as I hate to disagree with a pro-vax person, we do not routinely vaccinate for TB in the US. I do agree with most everything else you've said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies