Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 04:55 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times

Advertisements

Why don't we just call them firearms. Then we can move past semantics and possibly start focusing on fixing our broken "justice" system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 06:52 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
YOu could I suppose but hopelessly incorrect. The USSC has made it clear that there is no such role. Self defense with limits is what the court has said.

It is, I Agree, not what the founders intended. But it appears that all significant contingents have now agreed that the founders intent is no long operative.
"Shall not be infringed" is not up for debate.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:57 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
"Shall not be infringed" is not up for debate.
Sorry that is flatly untrue. The USSC has tacked "but for reasonable regulation" onto the end. We now await where the actual line is to be drawn.

The gunnies clearly get a shot gun at home. Beyond that it is all TBD.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:09 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
Quote:
The gunnies and their antagonists have a significant problem with the term "assault rifle"

Basically the antis believe that there is some fearsome thing called an assault rifle that is threatening their lifes and those of their kids.

The gunnies point out the antis simplly don't know what they are talking about and that these weapons are not really assault rifles.

So to avoid the resulting communication blockage a new term...HKR - Human Killing Rifles.

This is that set of firearms that have little legitimate purpose other than killing people.

Now we can talk about how to deal with such weapons without offending the gunnies by misuse of assault rifles while specifying the weapons that the antis believe have no useful purpose other than killing people.
I see.

Let's call them something they aren't.

That'll bring "clarity".

(Every time I think these leftist fanatics can't possibly get any more futile, they go ahead and do it.)

Old 05-31-2014, 07:39 PM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I see.

That'll bring "clarity".

(Every time I think these leftist fanatics can't possibly get any more futile, they go ahead and do it.)
I have a better acronym for the anti gun crowd to use to avoid confusion.....SBG's

(Scary Black Guns)

Because, as any Latte sipping, left wing, anti gun activist knows, all Scary Black Guns are "Assult Weapons".

Old 05-31-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I see.

That'll bring "clarity".

You wish to claim they don't kill humans?

Or they are simply for whacking beer cans?

Would it not be dumb to have a weapon not suited to killing humans for self defense?

And if they are not for self defense they would not be covered under the latest USSC rulings would they?

So banning them would be OK?

For a Gunnie you sure seem to have problems getting the concepts straight...

Old 05-31-2014, 07:53 PM

793 posts, read 1,419,406 times
tl;dr

The correct terms already exist:
autoloading rifle (Which is a more accurate but more arcane description.)
semi-automatic rifle

when speaking specifically of firearms such as AR pattern rifles,
"Modern sporting rifle."

What sport? Hunting, 3 gun competition, target match, whatever.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:55 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times
Quote:
The gunnies and their antagonists have a significant problem with the term "assault rifle"

Basically the antis believe that there is some fearsome thing called an assault rifle that is threatening their lifes and those of their kids.

The gunnies point out the antis simplly don't know what they are talking about and that these weapons are not really assault rifles.

So to avoid the resulting communication blockage a new term...HKR - Human Killing Rifles.

This is that set of firearms that have little legitimate purpose other than killing people.

Now we can talk about how to deal with such weapons without offending the gunnies by misuse of assault rifles while specifying the weapons that the antis believe have no useful purpose other than killing people.
Soooooo, should the car driven by Ted Kennedy that killed that young woman (MJK) be called a HKC - human killing car?
HKH - human killing hammer. HKF - human killing fist. All three kill more people than rifles, according to the F.B.I.

Old 05-31-2014, 08:16 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,989,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Whats a gunnie?

Some people might confuse the term gunnie with a Gunny as in a Gunnery Seargent like R Lee Ermy .

Old 05-31-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Soooooo, should the car driven by Ted Kennedy that killed that young woman (MJK) be called a HKC - human killing car?
HKH - human killing hammer. HKF - human killing fist. All three kill more people than rifles, according to the F.B.I.
Cars, hammers and fists are not designed to kill humans. Not even all guns are designed to kill people.

But the attempt is to note there is a class of rifles whose primary purpose is to kill humans. HKR is merely an attempt to define this class. There are of course other weapons designed to kill people - the M1911.45 comes immediately to mind.

All of this is merely an attempt to stop the silly nonsense about "assault rifles". One would think the gunnies would like to get rid of that issue but apparently not....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies