Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 02:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I disagree with a lot of things that people do, I know people who smoke, I disagree with Smoking, you could say I disagree with the Smoking Lifestyle. It's unnatural and unhealthy, but does that mean I hate people who smoke? Absolutely not! I know plenty of people who smoke, and I know plenty of people who are gay, disagreeing is not hate, I love and respect them like everyone else.

For some reason ''Progressives'' are unable to handle different opinions, despite their claims of open mindedness they take offense at anyone who doesn't toe their line 100%. This is because '' Progressivism''is an ideaolgy, almost dogmatic. Unlike conservatism which is simply a political viewpoint. ''Progressivism'' can be taught, which is often the case in Universities, and it indoctrinates it's followers with the false sense that they are enlightened, tolerant, more caring , and better educated than the rest of the world. One cannot 'Teach'' conservatism, it is simply Man with his Natural God given Rights and keeping the Government small to protect his Natural God given Rights.

''Progressives'' are extremely collective as a group, like sheep on the Prairie they follow what their Shepard tells them (Mainstream Media, Federal Government etc...). Ask a ''Progressive'' to describe themselves and they'll almost always say that they're liberal, like it's a personality trait. Ask a conservative to describe himself and you won't hear ''I'm a conservative'' as we are individualists, knowing that Politics and Personality are two different things. It is this reason why ''Progressives'' see the world the way they do, they know so much that just isn't so.

As for your claims about The Bible, I'm aware there was some editing of it in history, however I still believe it is Divinely Inspired and God's Word. Your attempts to try and dismiss homosexuality as a sin is an attempt at denying scripture, read Corinthians, homosexuals will not inherit God's Kingdom along with adulterers, fornicators, thieves, Gossipers etc... Only God's Grace and salvation for our sins can save us, God calls us not to be perfect but to turn from our sins, and we all have different ones.

Also there were no gay preachers and Jesus did not support it. He would love them as He loves everybody, but Homosexuality was a graven sin in Jewish Culture, it was widespread practice among the Romans at the time however. Jesus never said anything directly about it, but he never said anything directly about cannibalism either, that doesn't make it alright.
Talk about unhealthy, dogmatic ideology! Talk about indoctrination! Talk about sheep!
You don't even see it.
Pity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 02:38 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
'Progressives', despite what the idiots on your talking box may have told you, do not all believe the same things nor do we march in lock-step.

Five minutes on any decent liberally-oriented site would demonstrate conclusively that we tend to have wildly divergent opinions even amongst ourselves.

Ever hear 'I don't belong to an organized political party...I'm a Democrat'?

This idea that the 'Progressives' (love your use of quotes) are somehow all 'sheep' who follow without a second thought is laughable to anyone who has spent any time among liberals.
Liberal and ''Progressive' ' are similar but not the same thing, people who may have some left wing leanings may be liberal, ''Progressives'' are a different breed and they are not free thinkers. Hang around some at a university, they all have the same views and argue the same way, they are not individuals. And if they find out that you are not a fellow ''Progressive' , or may be a Conservative, they come out in full force.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Disagreeing with a lifestyle isn't hate. But "disagreeing with homosexuality" (as nonsensical as that is) most certainly is hateful and homophobic.
I think homosexuality is wrong, I think it's unnatural and gross. I don't hate you, or any other gay person, and I want you to have equal legal rights like I do.

If that is homophobic in your book than so be it. I have no hate towards you. I don't care if you're offended or not, I am not politically correct and I have a right to believe what I want. Stop trying to be the thought police.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:03 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,975,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkyPunks View Post
Maybe not extinct, but hopefully pushed to the extremist fringes of society. These days, openly racist organizations like the KKK are basically viewed as the American Taliban, so we can only hope that extreme homophobes will be treated the same way in the future, haha.
Yes, but they still exist within other factions under new pseudonyms, like the Tea Party, and many people who call themselves conservative are inherently racist, not all mind you...but a great many of them.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:05 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,975,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I think homosexuality is wrong, I think it's unnatural and gross. I don't hate you, or any other gay person, and I want you to have equal legal rights like I do.

If that is homophobic in your book than so be it. I have no hate towards you. I don't care if you're offended or not, I am not politically correct and I have a right to believe what I want. Stop trying to be the thought police.
Where does your belief that it is unnatural stem from? Religious upbringing? It's just a different shade of love. It's not as if they chose to be gay, they are just choosing to be open with it.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Yes, but they still exist within other factions under new pseudonyms, like the Tea Party, and many people who call themselves conservative are inherently racist, not all mind you...but a great many of them.
The Tea Party is not racist, neither are conservatives. Stop lying.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:09 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
I'm not a progressive so maybe I shouldn't participate. But I'll just say I would never, ever support any kind of an abortion unless the woman's life was in danger or in the case of rape or incest.

But at the same time I agree that abortion should remain legal and safe for the women who choose that. It would never happen in my household of course and if I find out a woman has had an abortion I would never have anything to do with her.

That's MY choice.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:29 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Disagreeing with a lifestyle isn't hate. But "disagreeing with homosexuality" (as nonsensical as that is) most certainly is hateful and homophobic.
I disagree with you HT. Disagreeing about something just means two people don't agree. Sometimes respect is more important, that we respect each other's point of view and another's right to have a different point of view. To me, that is what live and let live means.

Old 05-31-2014, 03:59 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I disagree with you HT. Disagreeing about something just means two people don't agree. Sometimes respect is more important, that we respect each other's point of view and another's right to have a different point of view. To me, that is what live and let live means.
Of course - disagreeing means having a different opinion. I can disagree with your opinion of what the 2nd Amendment means, and that doesn't mean I hate you. You can disagree with my opinion about America's membership in the United Nations, and that doesn't mean you hate me. We can both respect each other's different viewpoints and our right to have different viewpoints.

You can't disagree about somebody's sexual orientation. That doesn't make any sense. It's like saying "I disagree with you being left-handed" or "I disagree with your childhood (type 1) diabetes" or "I disagree with your skin pigmentation."

When somebody says "I disagree with homosexuality" that almost always means "I consider homosexuals to be deviant, hell-bound perverts who deserve derision, scorn, ostracism, and unequal treatment under the law."

Old 05-31-2014, 04:39 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
When somebody says "I disagree with homosexuality" that almost always means "I consider homosexuals to be deviant, hell-bound perverts who deserve derision, scorn, ostracism, and unequal treatment under the law."
No doubt, there are some of those kind of people. However, I have also seen, read and observed gay posters/persons be guilty of stereotyping, intolerance, verbally abuse, threatening language. Do you think that kind of bigotry is any different than those you describe above? I don't. Sometimes, being respectful gets respect. Sometimes it doesn't. I have quite a few of people on ignore on CD because I refuse to read, much less answer, posts by people that are verbally abusive or only make really dumb comments. I don't engage people like that in real life either!

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-31-2014 at 05:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies