Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 09:38 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
That's some really convoluted reasoning. It's like saying I don't support womens' rights because some of those foetuses would be female, or I don't support disabled people's rights because some of them would be disabled, or short peoples' rights, etc.
I support a woman's right to choose no matter what. She's the one raising the baby, not me and not you.
Would I abort a foetus just because it carried a gay gene? Not a chance.
You cannot support the rights for any group unless if you also support the right to life. If they found a gay gene, and people started aborting all babies who had it, there would be no gay people left and you would have supported it. Its essentially genocide (which is what abortion is).

You can't claim to be supportive of gay rights by supporting their extinction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I do not? Where did you find me saying this? Please enlighten me.
So you are saying that you know a baby is a baby but you support the murder of it anyway? Or do you believe that it's not a baby at all, dehumanizing a person makes it easier to carry out injustice.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:45 AM

741 posts, read 764,096 times
Another discussion in which the intent seems to bait, troll and circulate hate.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:47 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
You cannot support the rights for any group unless if you also support the right to life. If they found a gay gene, and people started aborting all babies who had it, there would be no gay people left and you would have supported it. Its essentially genocide (which is what abortion is).

You can't claim to be supportive of gay rights by supporting their extinction.
That's ridiculous.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Another discussion in which the intent seems to bait, troll and circulate hate.
All you guys have done is deflect and avoid the question. Trying to dismiss this as a troll topic just proves my point.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:48 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times
Quote:
So you are saying that you know a baby is a baby but you support the murder of it anyway? Or do you believe that it's not a baby at all, dehumanizing a person makes it easier to carry out injustice.
I haven't said anything as to my opinion. I just said a persons medical decisions are their own, as our decisions are our own.

You have this idea of what people who disagree with you are like and are assigning those beliefs to me. You are fighting against demons that exist only in your head instead of listening to those around you. I don't see why you aren't just replying those in your mind instead of starting arguments with others. You stand more of a chance of winning the ones you have with yourself.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:49 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I would not get a vote......abortion is between a women and her doctor.
Reps to you, Driller.

This sums up my position perfectly.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:49 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
All you guys have done is deflect and avoid the question. Trying to dismiss this as a troll topic just proves my point.
That's because it's a really stupid question.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:50 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, me being attracted to redheads is preference, me being straight is sexual orientation.
I love me some redheads. nikki rhodes? damn right.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:51 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Then you can't claim to believe in gay rights as you would be supporting the removal of their right to life and their murder via abortion.
Google false dilemma. You're doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies