Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If a nuke was about to go off in 24 hours, what would you do to get info to stop it?
I would do ANYTHING necessary to save Americans, including waterboarding. 15 83.33%
I would rough up the individual to get info, but not waterboarding. 1 5.56%
I wouldn't do anything to threaten the individual, but would question him/her. 0 0%
I would call the ACLU and interview the individual terrorist suspect with the ACLU. 1 5.56%
I would hope some intelligence would come up before the nuke went off. 1 5.56%
I would run as fast as I could! (Or I don't know ). 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:08 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't be stupid enough to risk placing my family in danger of radical Muslims. However the chance of any of this scenario of actually happening to the average American, even ones who travel extensively abroad is less likely than winning the Florida lotto three times in a row, getting struck by lightning while in a cave in Idaho, or of fundamentalist coming to their senses.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:29 PM

29 posts, read 121,006 times
Waterboarding is not torture. It is an interrogation technique. Torture is pulling out fingernails with pliers, smashing fingers with hammers, breaking eardrums with chopsticks, electric shocks to the testicles, burning with cigarettes/cigars, and other fun and games that have been unleashed on many American servicemen.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:22 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
Waterboarding is not torture. It is an interrogation technique. Torture is pulling out fingernails with pliers, smashing fingers with hammers, breaking eardrums with chopsticks, electric shocks to the testicles, burning with cigarettes/cigars, and other fun and games that have been unleashed on many American servicemen.
Oh yeah, well pulling out fingernails with pliers, smashing fingers with hammers, breaking eardrums with chopsticks, electric shocks to the testicles, burning with cigarettes/cigars is not torture, it’s another interrogation technique.

Can we call anything we want just “interrogation technique” and feel that it justifies it?

Old 12-14-2007, 12:36 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,461,458 times
In response to such a grandiose scenario, I would behave as grandiosely as possible. Please get real ...

Old 12-14-2007, 12:44 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
What would you do if it was YOUR child/mother/son/wife/husband on the line and you needed to save him/her/them??

I wanna know if there is anyone here who thinks terrorists will talk without coersion.

So let's hear it from you guys and let's get some votes in! Thanks!
In trying time scenarios such as this, I refer to some acronyms on my keychain for guidance, you know, the acronym: WWASICD.

What would Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando do?

Old 12-14-2007, 11:51 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,780 times
I would offer the terrorist a diet coke. Puzzled, he would open it and drink. With a small grin, he drinks again.

Then with a wide smile, he would de-activate the nuclear device and together we would sing;

You give a little love
and it all comes back to you
La la la la la la la
You're gonna be remembered
for the things that you say and do
La la la la la la la

Old 12-14-2007, 11:58 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
This thread probably would have been better off being deleted when initiated, reading it has turned into a minor form of torture.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies