Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 12:24 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,350,826 times

Advertisements

Aren't there still stamps with other images on them? If you want to boycott the stamps, when you go to the post office to purchase a roll, just say, "I don't want the ones with Harvey Milk on them."

Old 05-31-2014, 12:26 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,856,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Where's the hate part of it? Saying homosexuality is a perversion is considered hate now? lol
Most people hate perverts. So if you think homosexuals are perverts than you probably hate them.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
The AFA is not a hate group - it is a pro-family organization.

The Southern Poverty Law Center is a hate group.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:36 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Christian Hate Group Urges People Not To Accept Mail With Harvey Milk Stamp: SFist

The first Harvey Milk commemorative stamps were released for sale by the US Postal Service last week and the American Family Association - which in the past organized boycotts against Hallmark for selling gay wedding cards and American Girl Dolls for being a "pro-lesbian advocacy group" - has come out urging people not to buy or accept mail bearing these stamps:

"The radical homosexual lobby will undoubtedly encourage businesses to use these stamps - all in the name of inclusiveness, political correctness and diversity. This is not diversity; this is perversity. What you can do…

Refuse to accept mail at your home or business if it is postmarked with the Harvey Milk stamp. Simply write ‘Return to Sender' on the envelope and tell your postman you won’t accept it."
Same old, same old same old.

Anytime anybody disagrees with someone on the left they are accused of "hate".

They just CANNOT accept that any one would have different opinion because of how they feel, they must "HATE".

As they say, those that do the accusing.....

Old 05-31-2014, 12:38 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
These people need to get a life. It's probably a very small, fundamentalist group. Not even worth giving them attention.
You're darn right!, nowhere near the crowd of fundamentalist slime who tried to support Chik-Fil-A when they came out with their bigoted hatred.

The gay lobby sure showed Chik-Fil-A who was boss!

Old 05-31-2014, 12:39 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
The thing about Milk is that he really is not worthy of a stamp.

All he did was get offed by some crazy political opponent who consumed too many Twinkies.

Milk and Moscone weren't killed because of homosexuality, they were killed because of San Francisco politics.

The gay army has perpetuated the lie that Milk is some kind of gay martyr for so long that people are either ignorant of the truth, or are afraid of being called names by the "tolerant" left if they dare state otherwise.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:45 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Christian Hate Group Urges People Not To Accept Mail With Harvey Milk Stamp: SFist

The first Harvey Milk commemorative stamps were released for sale by the US Postal Service last week and the American Family Association - which in the past organized boycotts against Hallmark for selling gay wedding cards and American Girl Dolls for being a "pro-lesbian advocacy group" - has come out urging people not to buy or accept mail bearing these stamps:

"The radical homosexual lobby will undoubtedly encourage businesses to use these stamps - all in the name of inclusiveness, political correctness and diversity. This is not diversity; this is perversity. What you can do…

Refuse to accept mail at your home or business if it is postmarked with the Harvey Milk stamp. Simply write ‘Return to Sender' on the envelope and tell your postman you won’t accept it."

I think a very effective way to protest this groups bigotry and to help the USPS would be for someone to post the mailing addresses of everyone in this group and for those of us who care to buy hundreds of these stamps and post thousands of cards with Harvey's smiling face on them to these people. Just imagine a mail box stuffed with dozens pieces of mail all with Harvey's smiling face!

Old 05-31-2014, 12:47 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Great, the whole 6 people that participate can miss their bills and other important mail and face the consequence.

Now, let's think of the next anti-Christian thread we can start to generate faux outrage and divert from the country's and world's actual problems!
I support a boycott on the purchase of these stamps. It's a little harder to refuse your mail bearing the stamps (if on bills, etc.).

I am tired of having my Christian beliefs trampled by courts, government, and others because I refuse to accept homosexuality as "normal" and oppose the faux "marriage" of people of the same sex.

I think we need a "freedom from atheism" movement. These people are doing everything possible to shove their religion down my throat, while doing their level best to prevent those of us who are Christians from exercising our religion freely, as the Constitution gives us the right to do.

I have a right to speak out against perversion, and a right to oppose so-called "gay marriage," (which isn't marriage at all. It's a counterfeit) without being persecuted and ridiculed for my beliefs (one of the Lefts favorite tactics to silence those who disagree with them).

Lastly, homosexuality is not something that should be celebrated by the issuance of a postage stamp. It is not something to be proud of. Will we soon be honoring pedophiles with a stamp?

I believe we have honored Margaret Sanger, abortion and ethnic cleansing advocate (her primary target in making abortion legal was to reduce the population of blacks and hispanics) and the founder of Planned Parenthood.

Old 05-31-2014, 12:54 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
You go to a funny church.
I think he was being facetious. He's mocking the mockers.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:31 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The AFA is not a hate group - it is a pro-family organization.
Maybe the board could chime in on whether they find this comment made by the AFA to be either A) "hateful" or B) "pro-family":

"Homosexuality gave us Adolph Hitler, and homosexuals in the military gave us the Brown Shirts, the Nazi war machine and six million dead Jews."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies