Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 10:56 AM

15,625 posts, read 10,378,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'd like to read this letter he supposedly left behind.
We don't know that yet, but we have the Rolling Stone article which included some of Bergdahl's emails:

In 2012, reporting for Rolling Stone in “America’s Last Prisoner of War,” Michael Hastings wrote: On June 27th [2009], [Bowe Bergdahl] sent what would be his final e-mail* to his parents. It was a lengthy message documenting his complete disillusionment with the war effort. He opened it by addressing it simply to “mom, dad.”

“The future is too good to waste on lies,” Bowe wrote. “And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be american. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting.”

The e-mail went on to list a series of complaints: Three good sergeants, Bowe said, had been forced to move to another company, and “one of the biggest **** bags is being put in charge of the team.” His battalion commander was a “conceited old fool.” The military system itself was broken: “In the US army you are cut down for being honest… but if you are a conceited brown nosing **** bag you will be allowed to do what ever you want, and you will be handed your higher rank… The system is wrong. I am ashamed to be an american. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools.” The soldiers he actually admired were planning on leaving: “The US army is the biggest joke the world has to laugh at. It is the army of liars, backstabbers, fools, and bullies. The few good SGTs are getting out as soon as they can, and they are telling us privates to do the same.”

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...0120607?page=4

Old 06-04-2014, 10:57 AM

893 posts, read 885,419 times
Quote:
I'd like to read this letter he supposedly left behind.

Not only the radio chatter but MULTIPLE troops from his unit confirmed the things he did and said.

He also asked his commander what would happen if he left with his gear and then not long after, he left.

Keep spinning though.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:58 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

He made a mockery of the families whose sons died looking for this ++++ Bowe.
Yes. Our Commander in Chief did.

So, what are we going to do about it.
Relieve him of his duties by impeachment?

"The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors'"

A high crime is one that only a person in a position of power or authority can commit.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:59 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:

Play political football much with the lives of American soldiers held prisoner by our enemies?
Playing football is what is being done. The administration admitted that releasing these guys was a real risk. The question people are asking is whose life should be at risk here.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:00 AM

893 posts, read 885,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
How do you know whether I agreed or disagreed?

Besides, WE DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS.

So, I'll ask you, do you think the Taliban is a terrorist organization? Careful, Jay Carney was asked this the other day too......as usual, he side stepped the question
DC? Are you going to answer this?

I figured that would result in the tail between the legs departure. Business as usual for the Anti-American left

Old 06-04-2014, 11:04 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
DC? Are you going to answer this?

I figured that would result in the tail between the legs departure. Business as usual for the Anti-American left
I asked even before you what made them a "terrorist" organization and never got an answer. No, I do not believe they are. Convince me otherwise.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
How do you know whether I agreed or disagreed?

Besides, WE DON'T NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS.

So, I'll ask you, do you think the Taliban is a terrorist organization? Careful, Jay Carney was asked this the other day too......as usual, he side stepped the question
Yes, I think the Taliban is a terrorist organization.

I also think the Taliban was the legitimate government of Afghanistan when we went to war with Afghanistan, and in that role they field the army that is our enemy in Afghanistan.

To say that you won't negotiate with the enemy when you are at war with them is ridiculous. Obviously, you have to negotiate with them at some point in order to end the war and come to a reasonable resolution.

So, therefore, since we decided to wage a war on terrorism, a war on terrorists, we opened the door to negotiating with terrorists.

And in their capacity as our enemy, they took prisoners. Government negotiate the return of those prisoners regularly in war. There are specific provisions in numerous treaties that outline the treatment of such prisoners, and how their release will be negotiated. The Taliban is signed on to such a treaty, as is the United States. And those specific provisions were abided by.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:21 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuteTheMall View Post
I did not misstate what you said.

I quoted you.

Fact.
You took excerpts from my brief post. The only reason to do so was to misrepresent the overall message of my post in its entirety. Misrepresent equals dishonest.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:22 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,684,249 times
Didn't take long for the White House to find the real villains in all of this it seems.

Quote:
On Wednesday's "Today Show," NBC's senior White House correspondent Chuck Todd reported that "a few [White House] aides describe it to me as ‘we didn’t know that they were going to Swift Boat Bergdahl.’"
In a later tweet, Todd didn't dispute that the White House used the derogatory term "swift boat" to "describe Bergdahl's platoon reaction."

Report: White House Aides Accusing Bergdahl’s Unit Comrades Of ‘Swift Boating’ Him « CBS DC

https://twitter.com/chucktodd/status/474173821554282496

Old 06-04-2014, 11:23 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Yes, I think the Taliban is a terrorist organization.

I also think the Taliban was the legitimate government of Afghanistan when we went to war with Afghanistan, and in that role they field the army that is our enemy in Afghanistan.

To say that you won't negotiate with the enemy when you are at war with them is ridiculous. Obviously, you have to negotiate with them at some point in order to end the war and come to a reasonable resolution.

So, therefore, since we decided to wage a war on terrorism, a war on terrorists, we opened the door to negotiating with terrorists.

And in their capacity as our enemy, they took prisoners. Government negotiate the return of those prisoners regularly in war. There are specific provisions in numerous treaties that outline the treatment of such prisoners, and how their release will be negotiated. The Taliban is signed on to such a treaty, as is the United States. And those specific provisions were abided by.
The Taliban was NOT the legit government of Afgh. They STOLE it through intimidation and terror tactics. We didn't open ANY door to negotiate with terrorists. That is in your imagination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.