Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 08:15 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The guy sitting in Mexico is a veteran who broke laws in Mexico which isn't the same thing as being an active duty personal as Bergdahl was when he was taken prisoner. As for him being a traitor, I'll wait for the court marshal to decide if he is or isn't because other than rumor, none of us out here in cyberspace are in a position to make that kind of judgement. That's not "being a dummy loyal to the administration" that's being a fair-minded American. Quit wetting your pants and learn some patience on this matter! If the guy is/was a deserter he will get his day and punishment in court.

He left the compound willingly! He has made statements that suggest he did so as a deserter.
And if you had any clue, you would've seen that the guy in Mexico made a MISTAKE. There is video showing just how easy it is to do what he did by accident.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:17 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Fellow soldiers call Bowe Bergdahl a deserter, not a hero - CNN.com

Will the truth really be known, if so Obama should be held accountable for the US military lives lost looking for him.
"Many of Bergdahl's fellow troops -- from the seven or so who knew him best in his squad, to the larger group that comprised the 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division -- told CNN that they signed nondisclosure agreements agreeing to never share any information about Bergdahl's disappearance and the efforts to recapture him."

Getting stranger by the day on this one.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:21 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
A little more information about the Taliban Prisoners that Obama just released - keep in mind that these are the same prisoners that Obama himself and the review boards have always said were "too dangerous to release".

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl exchanged for top 5 Taliban commanders at Gitmo

Rolling Stone Magazine had a long article about Bowe Berghahl - this was written by Michael Hastings (who died last year in an unusual one car crash. The same Michael Hastings that did the article about General McChrystal - who was then fired immediately by Obama. It's 7 pages, and well worth the read. The Media, the Leftists and Obama all absolutely believed every word that Hastings wrote about General McChrystal -- they clearly don't believe what Hastings wrote about Berghahl. He said he would 'desert' and then he did so. He wrote his parents about his Anti-American ideas, he packed up his uniforms and mailed them back to his parents and then he walked off base, carrying a knife, water, camera and food.

America's Last Prisoner of War - Michael Hastings, Rolling Stone 2012

It was also a disappointment to Bowe. He had entered the Army for the adventure, as a substitute for the French Foreign Legion, and here he was, shackled to a bunch of goof-offs. Bowe told Fry he didn't think the other soldiers in the unit were competent to fight. "He wanted to be a mercenary, wanted to be a free gun," says Fry. "He had a notion he was a survivalist, claimed he knew how to survive with nothing because he grew up in Idaho. He had stories of him doing crazy **** out in the woods for weeks in Idaho."
~~~~~~~~
Bowe said something that would stick with Fry months later, long after they arrived in Afghanistan. "Before we deployed, when we were on Rear D, him and I were talking about what it would be like," Fry recalls. Bowe looked at his friend and made no bones about his plans. "If this deployment is lame," Bowe said, "I'm just going to walk off into the mountains of Pakistan."
~~~~~~~~
"The future is too good to waste on lies," Bowe wrote. "And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be american. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting."
~~~~~~~
The e-mail went on to list a series of complaints:

The system is wrong. I am ashamed to be an american. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools." The soldiers he actually admired were planning on leaving: "The US army is the biggest joke the world has to laugh at. It is the army of liars, backstabbers, fools, and bullies. "The horror that is america is disgusting."

He was given two promotions while a 'captive'. He has done at least 4 Videos for the Taliban that are very Anti-American. In what appears to be an unprecedented move, the Pentagon also scrambled to shut down any public discussion of Bowe. Members of Bowe's brigade were required to sign nondisclosure agreements as part of their paperwork to leave Afghanistan. The agreement, according to Capt. Fancey, forbids them to discuss any "personnel recovery" efforts – an obvious reference to Bowe.

This is an Oath that all Soldiers make when they enter Service to the United States.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Article I.
I AM AN AMERICAN, FIGHTING IN THE FORCES WHICH GUARD MY COUNTRY AND OUR WAY OF LIFE. I AM PREPARED TO GIVE MY LIFE IN THEIR DEFENSE.

Article II.
I WILL NEVER SURRENDER OF MY OWN FREE WILL. IF IN COMMAND, I WILL NEVER SURRENDER THE MEMBERS OF MY COMMAND WHILE THEY STILL HAVE THE MEANS TO RESIST.

Article III.
IF I AM CAPTURED, I WILL CONTINUE TO RESIST BY ALL MEANS AVAILABLE. I WILL MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ESCAPE AND AID OTHERS TO ESCAPE. I WILL ACCEPT NEITHER PAROLE NOR SPECIAL FAVORS FROM THE ENEMY.

Article IV.
IF I BECOME A PRISONER OF WAR, I WILL KEEP FAITH WITH MY FELLOW PRISONERS. I WILL GIVE NO INFORMATION OR TAKE PART IN ANY ACTION WHICH MIGHT BE HARMFUL TO MY COMRADES. IF I AM SENIOR, I WILL TAKE COMMAND. IF NOT, I WILL OBEY THE LAWFUL ORDERS OF THOSE APPOINTED OVER ME AND WILL BACK THEM UP IN EVERY WAY.

Article V.
WHEN QUESTIONED, SHOULD I BECOME A PRISONER OF WAR, I AM REQUIRED TO GIVE MY NAME, RANK, SERVICE NUMBER, AND DATE OF BIRTH. I WILL EVADE ANSWERING FURTHER QUESTIONS TO THE UTMOST OF MY ABILITY. I WILL MAKE NO ORAL OR WRITTEN STATEMENTS DISLOYAL TO MY COUNTRY AND ITS ALLIES OR HARMFUL TO THEIR CAUSE.

Article VI.
I WILL NEVER FORGET THAT I AM AN AMERICAN, FIGHTING FOR FREEDOM, RESPONSIBLE FOR MY ACTIONS, AND DEDICATED TO THE PRINCIPLES WHICH MADE MY COUNTRY FREE. I WILL TRUST IN MY GOD AND IN THE United States of America.

All military operations ceased in that area of Afghanistan while they directed everyone to look for Berghahl - people died to search for this deserter - more were wounded by the IED's on the roads.

PFC Matthew Michael Martinek, Staff Sgt. Kurt Robert Curtiss, SSG Clayton Bowen, PFC Morris Walker, SSG Michael Murphrey, 2LT Darryn Andrews, were all in the1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment. These were just some of the men killed in action from wounds sustained in Paktika province while looking for Bergdahl.

And just as a note on the side, his dad spewing Pro-Afghan/Taliban on his Twitter. I guess this family is absolutely certain that their son will face no repercussions at all and will be hailed as some sort of returning HERO. Bergdahl deserted after only a couple of months in Afghanistan - Obama and Kerry have been working to get his released as a part of their "Negotiated Peace" so Obama can claim to have "Won" the war. Leon Panetta and Hillary Clinton didn't want to have anything to do with this back in 2012 - Kerry & Hagel are a different kettle of fish.

The timing on this is significant - Obama needs a major distraction to try and get the VA Scandal off the airwaves, he also needs that "WIN" in Afghanistan and thinks this will do it for him.

On page one of Hastings 2012 article he make this comment (keep in mind that Hastings was a big Obama supporter)

"It could be a huge win if Obama could bring him home," says a senior administration official familiar with the negotiations. "Especially in an election year, if it's handled properly."

It's ALL Politics, ALL the time for Obama ..... it's the one thing that is very consistent about him.
Each person will have to decide the "truth" about this release - but in view of what I've learned so far, I have no problem with seeing the Truth in this matter.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:22 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
He left the compound willingly! He has made statements that suggest he did so as a deserter.
And if you had any clue, you would've seen that the guy in Mexico made a MISTAKE. There is video showing just how easy it is to do what he did by accident.
How does that change anything? The State Department is no doubt working on the guy in Mexico's case. The State Department can chew gum and walk at the same time. They are, however, under no obligation to tell you exactly what they are doing to broker a deal to release him or any other American being held on foreign soil.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:23 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Because, of course, no soldier in the history of military service has ever complained about anything. Ever.
Ah yes, but very very few desert their post.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:24 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,991,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Fellow soldiers call Bowe Bergdahl a deserter, not a hero - CNN.com

Will the truth really be known, if so Obama should be held accountable for the US military lives lost looking for him.
Hold him accountable for the trade decision, maybe. To make him responsible for the choice to look for Bergdahl and the loss of lives due to that search is stretching it.

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
It's pretty early in the process for us to start coming to drastic conclusions, isn't it?

Of course, if you have solid inside info the rest of us lack, please share so we can all join the chorus of criticism.

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
You know something is wrong when you have a PROVEN LIAR Obama flunkie Susan Rice thrown into the mix.
Cruz Hits Obama Administration For POW Release; Rice Defends Move As 'Sacred Obligation'

How is it that this fool's opinion holds any weight after her DISMAL FAILURE in assessing the Benghazi debacle. This is another clown Obama stands by, which PROVES his severe lack of judgement.

With CIA AND military resources any and all variables regarding Bergdahl's capture should be crystal clear right now.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Default Obama administration breaks yet another law.

Negotiating with known terrorist.
Releasing prisoners of war, without congress approval.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:27 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Seems to me that many in this thread are extremely quick to judge Bergdahl.

Let's see how this develops before calling for a lynching.
Have you read the links? It has already developed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies