Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 03:34 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
And to the dope mocking Bill O, the guys father is a sympathizer and speaks Arabic.
He sympathized with the Afghan people and he grew a beard and learned Arabic in case he had the opportunity to negotiate his son's release....turn off FOX News and learn to think for yourself.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:39 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Chuck Todd: The White House expected “euphoria” over Bergdahl’s release; Update: WH overrode review process to free Taliban « Hot Air

And it gets worse and worse.

And to the dope mocking Bill O, the guys father is a sympathizer and speaks Arabic.
His father learned Pashto so he could communicate with his son's captors with the videos he made and tried to send to them.
Show me one shred of proof that the father was a Taliban sympathizer and I'll break off a piece of my kit-kat bar just for you.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:45 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
His father learned Pashto so he could communicate with his son's captors with the videos he made and tried to send to them.
Show me one shred of proof that the father was a Taliban sympathizer and I'll break off a piece of my kit-kat bar just for you.
Does it make sense he would learn Arabic? When he son speaks Pashto?

And... nobody had contact with him for 5 years.

What's the purpose to learn the language when nothing got through to him anyhow?

Old 06-03-2014, 03:45 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
While those who oppose the President can complain all day long, the bottom line remains, leave an American soldier behind, or bring him home.
So tell me, what's Obama doing for Andrew Tahmooressi, the US marine being held in a Mexican jail? One phone call to Enrique Peña Nieto would get him home. What the hell, we're taking half their citizenry anyway, at least they could send Andrew home, right?

Old 06-03-2014, 03:47 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Wow. It gets worse by the hour.

Bergdahl's team leader: Intercepted radio chatter said he sought talks with the Taliban – The Lead with Jake Tapper - CNN.com Blogs

Quote:
Within days of his disappearance, says Buetow, teams monitoring radio chatter and cell phone communications intercepted an alarming message: The American is in Yahya Khel (a village two miles away). He’s looking for someone who speaks English so he can talk to the Taliban.
“I heard it straight from the interpreter’s lips as he heard it over the radio,” said Buetow. “There’s a lot more to this story than a soldier walking away.”…
“The fact of the matter is, when those soldiers were killed, they would not have been where they were at if Bergdahl hadn’t left,” says Buetow. “Bergdahl leaving changed the mission.”
Report: Bergdahl suggested he wanted to renounce his citizenship in note he left before disappearing; Update: Sought Taliban for talks? « Hot Air

There is zero chance the WH didnt know all this. The Army knew, others knew. Yet they went through with breaking the law AND releasing terrorists anyways. For what? A damn American hating traitor.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:48 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The U.S. Army already knows Bergdahl is guilty of desertion. He left a desertion note in his tent.
So, again, you don't want to give him a chance to defend himself. We're not talking about whether he's guilty or not. We're talking about you not wanting to give a US citizen the right to defend himself.

Again, you conservatives want us all to live in a scary world.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:50 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Default Report: Bergdahl sought out Taliban

Bergdahl's team leader: Intercepted radio chatter said he sought talks with the Taliban – The Lead with Jake Tapper - CNN.com Blogs
Quote:
Within days of his disappearance, says Buetow, teams monitoring radio chatter and cell phone communications intercepted an alarming message: The American is in Yahya Khel (a village two miles away). He’s looking for someone who speaks English so he can talk to the Taliban.
“I heard it straight from the interpreter’s lips as he heard it over the radio,” said Buetow. “There’s a lot more to this story than a soldier walking away.”…

“The fact of the matter is, when those soldiers were killed, they would not have been where they were at if Bergdahl hadn’t left,” says Buetow. “Bergdahl leaving changed the mission.”
But hey, who cares. Lets release some terrorists for a traitor and break the law while doing so. Who's going to stop Obama? No one as he keeps proving he can act like a king and do what he wants with zero consequences because Congress has no spine and his followers are dirtbags who will excuse anything and everything he does.

Im willing to bet that this guy helped the Taliban coordinate against American troops. If evidence can show this, I hope he is tried and executed.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:51 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There are also allegations that he intended to renounce his U.S. citizenship. That is germane to the discussion.
Again, you do not want to give him a chance to defend himself. To you, any allegation is an automatic guilty verdict.

And you people are the ones that are suppose to value the constitution. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Scary world you want us to live in.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Come on...does every new story deserve a new thread?

Old 06-03-2014, 03:53 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,745,647 times
I would say sending home his personal stuff and uniforms meant he quit.

I doubt he wanted Mommy to wash his uniforms and send them back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies