Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 08:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

And this is what they do to VA and Medicare regarding funding.

Just wait til Obamacare funding issues come up (bailout fund for insurers which keep premiums down) and they refuse to fund it properly.

You wanted the government to take care of you so reap what you sow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 08:33 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Seems that denying our veterans the care they needed, the GOP preferred to play their political games.

Quote:
Only two Republicans were willing to vote with Sanders, and the bill died a procedural death. The final straw was an attempt by Republican legislators to hang an amendment onto the bill calling for increased sanctions on Iran. There was also some cheap bull**** thrown around about the budget, most notably by Senator Jefferson Davis Beauregard Sessions of Alabama. There also was, spectacularly, some debate time taken up by, believe it or not, Benghazi, Benghazi!, BENGHAZI!
Senate Blocks Bill Expanding Veterans Benefits - Senate Republicans Kill a Bill to Expand Veterans' Benefits - Esquire

The GOP might do something constructive, maybe, after they get to the bottom of that Benghazi thing.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Just wait til Obamacare funding issues come up (bailout fund for insurers which keep premiums down) and they refuse to fund it properly.

Why don't you tell give that little speech of yours directly to our veterans of war!

Old 06-01-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

Just to reiterate.

Quote:
"Don't tell me that enabling a family to have a child is a political issue," he said. "When you have a 70-year-old woman taking care of her husband who had both legs blown off in Vietnam, and she's taking care of him 24 hours a day, don't tell me that's a political issue. I find it incredible that we had several Democrats come down to speak but very few Republicans, and then, when they did, I heard Iran sanctions and I heard Benghazi. Tell me what Benghazi or Iran sanctions have to do with caring for our veterans."
Senate Blocks Bill Expanding Veterans Benefits - Senate Republicans Kill a Bill to Expand Veterans' Benefits - Esquire

Old 06-01-2014, 08:38 AM

262 posts, read 155,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I thought waiting times were up, significantly.

Apparently the democratic senators recognized the need for more funding.
No...Dems attached waaayyyy too much pork to the bill. It needed to be cleaned up before passing and Dems don't want to kick out their pet projects.

IMHO, no bill should even be considered that has anything within same that is not critical to the purpose of that bill. Each bill should stand alone, have a sunset date where it has to be reconsidered regardless of its purpose and never have any outside pork or other crap attached. That's the only way we are ever going to clean up the mess in Washington, D.C.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why don't you tell give that little speech of yours directly to our veterans of war!
I've always supported both the Vets and Seniors.

And I'm not blind to party loyalty to think it's always "the other guy" that won't fund our programs.

But until the majority wake up and realize that citizens are at the bottom of the priority list when it comes to Congress then NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

No money for Vets yet we always manage to find money to send to other countries.
No money for Vets yet we have $400,000 to build a camel statue in another country. And that is just one example.

The government uses our money to further promote THEMSELVES first and foremost.

I feel sorry for anyone caught in our system because idiot voters think "the party" is all that matters.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:40 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What else is in those bills? The way I see it is that the dems put something in the bill the repubs would not vote for.....knowingly. ..

So tell me...how does it feel to not support the Soldiers?
Gee, I don't know. Why don't YOU tell US? It was the GOP that denied additional funding.

Ken

Old 06-01-2014, 08:41 AM

This bill also would have authorized the construction of 27 new clinics and medical facilities.

The same Senate Republicans who are now claiming to be a friend to our veterans, shamefully blocked a bill in February that would have expanded and improved care for vets.
Republicans Care About Vets So Much That They Blocked a Bill Expanding Veterans Benefits

Quote:
Senate Republicans think it is more important to deny President Obama a “win” than it is to help our nation’s veterans. The bill contained provisions that would restore the COLA for vets, and protect them from losing their benefits in the event of another government shutdown. It also would have authorized the construction of 27 new clinics and medical facilities, and it would have provided tuition assistance to post-9/11 vets.
Senate Republicans Betray U.S. Vets By Blocking Veterans Benefits Bill

Old 06-01-2014, 08:41 AM

Keep blaming the Republicans if it makes you feel oh so vilified.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysda View Post
No...Dems attached waaayyyy too much pork to the bill. It needed to be cleaned up before passing and Dems don't want to kick out their pet projects.

IMHO, no bill should even be considered that has anything within same that is not critical to the purpose of that bill. Each bill should stand alone, have a sunset date where it has to be reconsidered regardless of its purpose and never have any outside pork or other crap attached. That's the only way we are ever going to clean up the mess in Washington, D.C.
Would you please post what "pork" was attached to that bill please? I found none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies