Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 11:12 AM

864 posts, read 799,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
Santa Ana also votes Democratic. They have a democratic congress person and as you can see Santa Ana is a big blue spot on orange county if you look at a precinct map. Once more Orange county is mostly suburban. I do believe you are suggesting Orange County votes uniformly in terms of partisan elections which it doesn't. Thanks for trying though.

Esri Thematic Atlas
That is true, Santa Ana has a high latino population which votes Democrat for the entitlement programs (free food stamps, rent, visas, etc). Santa Ana also tends to have the high crime for Orange County. Hmm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 11:12 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,418,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post
Miami voted in a Republican mayor recently, the first after a long period of democratic dominance, and is shifting. Phoenix (which I conceded in an earlier post) was solidly republican until 2004 and has shifted democrat. That said, all of the Phoenix suburbs are solidly Republican (Chandler, Mesa, etc). Romney also took the state in 2012. You can't have it both ways and exclude based on your personal feelings. Either you accept the recent shifts or you don't.

Santa Ana is nearly as big as Oakland CA. Wichita IS as big as Oakland. Boise and Lincoln are still in the Top 100 biggest cities in the U.S. You're simply again trying to exclude based on your personal feelings.

I included all of OC because the area is actually fairly dense (more dense than LA, and San Diego which are major cities). Solidly republican and barely any gun crime or violent crime to speak of compared to the Top 10 list being posted here.
1. Just because a city has a Republican mayor doesn't mean it is Republican unless you want to Say New York City was Republican under Giuliani and Bloomberg.

2. Phoenix has always been Democratic. Ed Pastor has been the congressman from Phoenix for decades and he represents a vary safe Democratic seat. It is the Suburbs that make Maricopa county republican.

3. I wouldn't exactly call Oakland a major city either any more then I would call Charlotte a major city which has significantly more people then Oakland or Witchta.

4. I can see why you would want to include all of OC because the simple fact is it helps you make your point by throwing in a bunch of small cities and suburbs it makes Santa Ana look Republican which it is not.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:14 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
No I'm not. I stated in the title of the thread, "the Top 10 Most Violent Cities in the U.S". We can do a Top 20, or even a Top 25. You want to bet on whether the left or the right is going to carry that one? I think we both know the answer.

Heck, let's make a bet right now. I will bet you most of the violent gun crime falls in liberal cities/towns/counties based on the FBI statistics for 2013. I've already done this research so I know the answer. But let's make a gentleman's bet of $100 through PayPal? You want to put your money where your mouth is?
And the point you are trying to make by saying some cities that are violent are also Democrat run cities? Violence isn't a Republican vs Democrat thing.

Also, betting violates the TOS, you should know that.

1,825 posts, read 1,418,542 times
Quote:
That is true, Santa Ana has a high latino population which votes Democrat for the entitlement programs (free food stamps, rent, visas, etc). Santa Ana also tends to have the high crime for Orange County. Hmm...
Anywhere you have dense populations you have high crime. It tends to deal with the fact that when people are living near other people you have more crime. I doesn't have to do with someone's ethnicity or party affiliation and suggesting it does is basically as illogical as suggesting that Republican in Republican run areas are responsible for the fact that their areas produce the most meth and the meth production stats read like a whose who of Red states but that is because republican areas are more rural.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/lis...s/indiana.html

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Here is Business Insider's 2013 list of the most dangerous cities based on total crime, and crime per capita. I've added how strong democrat support is in each city currently.

1 - Flint, MI - Strong Support for Democrats
2 - Detroit, MI - Strong Support for Democrats
3 - Oakland, CA - Strong Support for Democrats
4 - Bridgeport, CN - Leans Democrat
5 - New Orleans, LA - Over 100 years of Democratic dominance
6 - Cleveland, OH - Strong Support for Democrats
7 - St. Louis, MO - Strong Support for Democrats
8 - Jackson, Miss - Leans Democrat
9 - Baltimore, MD - Strong Democratic Support
10 - Newark, NJ - Over 150 years of Democratic dominance

There isn't a single Republican leaning city in the Top 10. Can anyone explain why this is?

The left is always using any and every tragedy to sensationalize gun violence, but all the gun violence is happening in left dominated cities.

Maybe the left should willingly give up their 2nd amendment rights and save us all from their violent ways.

I have to ask, is there a Republican controlled City?
The major metropolitan areas are all Fascist Democrat strongnolds in the sea of Red.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:16 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have to ask, is there a Republican controlled City?
The major metropolitan areas are all Fascist Democrat strongnolds in the sea of Red.
Fascists Democrats? Nice backhanded compliment.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
No I'm not. I stated in the title of the thread, "the Top 10 Most Violent Cities in the U.S". We can do a Top 20, or even a Top 25. You want to bet on whether the left or the right is going to carry that one? I think we both know the answer.

Heck, let's make a bet right now. I will bet you most of the violent gun crime falls in liberal cities/towns/counties based on the FBI statistics for 2013. I've already done this research so I know the answer. But let's make a gentleman's bet of $100 through PayPal? You want to put your money where your mouth is?
A gentleman's bet doesn't involve money.

1,245 posts, read 923,017 times
If you need any evidence take a look at the 2012 election results. Most of the problem areas heavily voted democrat. Milwaukee voted democrat, and it has quite a bit of problems.

864 posts, read 799,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
1. Just because a city has a Republican mayor doesn't mean it is Republican unless you want to Say New York City was Republican under Giuliani and Bloomberg.

2. Phoenix has always been Democratic. Ed Pastor has been the congressman from Phoenix for decades and he represents a vary safe Democratic seat. It is the Suburbs that make Maricopa county republican.

3. I wouldn't exactly call Oakland a major city either any more then I would call Charlotte a major city which has significantly more people then Oakland or Witchta.

4. I can see why you would want to include all of OC because the simple fact is it helps you make your point by throwing in a bunch of small cities and suburbs it makes Santa Ana look Republican which it is not.
1 - Not saying NYC was Republican, that's silly. But it should be noted that a Republican Mayor did manage to completely change the culture of Crime in NYC. Democrats have been trying to do the same thing in Oakland, Chicago, Camden, Detroit and numerous other crime filled liberal strongholds for decades, and failing misrably.

2 - Again, Phoenix proper (not metro) yes is Democratic, but that's also where most of the illegals and latinos on entitlement programs live. Not surprising it's leaning democrat.

3 - This seems trivial. Oakland is a city of 400,000 people, it's in the Top 50 biggest cities in the U.S. Yet you want to exclude it? Your criteria seems trivial.

4 - Irvine is not a small suburb. It's nearly the same size as Santa Ana. Again, I attempted to make no connection, the Metro area simply is Republican, no one can deny that. Yes the city core of Santa Ana is democrat but that's mostly latinos who vote democrat for the entitlement programs. Most of the counties welfare recipients live in the Santa Ana core. Also most of the violent crime and murders happen there too. Not surprising to me.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:18 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
because all those cities are welfare states, without welfare, crime would be minimal because they would actual have to get a job and free time be limited.

no not a joke,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies