Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 01:40 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
This Loophole needs to be closed. Great way for a criminal or a mental case to get a rifle.

I Built This AK-47. It's Legal and Totally Untraceable. | Mother Jones
"Loophole" (n): A remaining bit of freedom the government hasn't taken away yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 01:42 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So how would you know the difference between one built today and one built once the law is passed?

I sure would hate to live in a world run by you, neighbors turning in neighbors, brothers turning in brothers, I'm sure we can get the thought police, I mean, report anyone who says something the government disagrees with for their own safety.

If this was such an issue we would have criminals doing this all the time, wait, it is not an issue.

I don't live in a neighborhood. How do you know criminals aren't doing this or that those MILITIA boys aren't doing it. Why aren't you doing it? Are you in the know to criminal actions?

Just as i posted it is someone close to you that turns you in. Overall that is.

What is to stop sleeper terrorists from building up a few arms and then using them on citizens?

Answer that.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:43 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
"Loophole" (n): A remaining bit of freedom the government hasn't taken away yet.
Why do they believe that tripe from MJ? I have 20 receivers just like what the article says they have and are building into functional guns. All are serialized. And ATF has those serial numbers.

Anyone who believes its untraceable is an idiot.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:44 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The receiver that was imported has a serial number and it is recorded. The importer has to submit to ATF all the serial numbers of the receivers he imports.
Sorry, no.

From the linked article:
Quote:
Sales of receivers—which house the mechanical parts, making a gun a gun—are tightly regulated, so my kit comes with a pre-drilled flat steel platform. Legally, it's just an American-made hunk of metal, but one bend in a vise later and, voilĂ , it's a receiver, ready for trigger guards to be riveted on.
There was no receiver at all in the kit the article talks about. So, no serial number, nothing to record for gov.org.

Nothing but a flat piece of metal that looked like the thing shoe salesmen used to put on your foot when selling you your latest pair of $300 sneakers... and as uncontrolled.

As the article said, a few bends in a vise later, it WAS a receiver... but not one "manufactured" by any company, not imported... nor serialized, nor controlled by any present law.

And 100% legal.

(caveat: See Post #11)

Old 06-02-2014, 01:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
When all gun ownership by home owners is outlawed which is where they are going
It will be a mute point

Old 06-02-2014, 01:47 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
I don't live in a neighborhood. How do you know criminals aren't doing this or that those MILITIA boys aren't doing it. Why aren't you doing it? Are you in the know to criminal actions?

Just as i posted it is someone close to you that turns you in. Overall that is.

What is to stop sleeper terrorists from building up a few arms and then using them on citizens?

Answer that.
You better take that down, the terrorist might see. Lol. Probably should get rid of the Internet and phones, don't want terrorists communicating or learning things.

If criminals were doing it then they would be getting caught. Criminals generally are night the brightest bunch.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:50 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You better take that down, the terrorist might see. Lol. Probably should get rid of the Internet and phones, don't want terrorists communicating or learning things.

If criminals were doing it then they would be getting caught. Criminals generally are night the brightest bunch.
Seems to me that you should wear shooting glasses not ROSE COLORED ones.

Terrorist are a bright lot as well. You cannot say that arms can be acquired by terrorists in the USA this way.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:54 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
as laser sintering 3d printers come into the affordable range home printed weaponry will become more common.

And thats FAR from the largest concern. Give me a good high end 3d printer-that will eventually be cheap, and I can make a really good missile.

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Seems to me that you should wear shooting glasses not ROSE COLORED ones.

Terrorist are a bright lot as well. You cannot say that arms can be acquired by terrorists in the USA this way.
If you were worried about terrorist you would start with securing the southern border. But your not worried about that.

What other civil rights are we going to limit just in case a terrorist might do something? You worry about terrorist so much you probably love the patriot act.

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Sorry, no.

From the linked article:
I am a class III dealer. I know those laws inside and out.

Being caught with a weapon not serialized that originated overseas or not is not a good thing.

But who said internet bloggers were smart.

From the article......
Quote:
The hosts collect our paperwork
If its a legal build, why the paperwork?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies