Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 05:12 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,728,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
" Deaths from all rifles constitute about 3%. The ratio of hunting rifles to assault rifles in our country dictates that perhaps....maybe....1% of gun deaths come from assault rifles compared the hunting rifles."

I am quite sure that the SANDY HOOK parents will agree with you that 1-3% is just nothing.
And that what is boils down to, they lost their families members, so why should all have to suffer and lose are rights to some how atone for a non existent crimes, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 09:55 PM

3,672 posts, read 10,583,380 times
Quote:
You don't know on that for sure. People do buy riders on their insurance.
You are correct. I have a separate rider on my homeowner policy for my handguns. They only wanted a list of weapons, photos and estimated values. They did not collect the serial numbers.

the only record of the serial numbers of my weapons are with the dealers I purchased some of them from. Those purchased from private parties or received as gifts are not associated with me on anyone's lists or records. Until I report them stolen, they will not be part of any police record or inventory. If any of my weapons are used in a crime, the serial number will be of no use locating my guns.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
You are correct. I have a separate rider on my homeowner policy for my handguns. They only wanted a list of weapons, photos and estimated values. They did not collect the serial numbers.

the only record of the serial numbers of my weapons are with the dealers I purchased some of them from. Those purchased from private parties or received as gifts are not associated with me on anyone's lists or records. Until I report them stolen, they will not be part of any police record or inventory. If any of my weapons are used in a crime, the serial number will be of no use locating my guns.
Love your post..

How much does it cost to insure them?

Old 06-07-2014, 12:53 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,221,233 times
I couldn't rep you again yet, but you're so right! These are non-issues! This thread is so full of BS, from earlier comments from a supposed FFL licensee that said individuals couldn't legally build firearms for themselves and that all lower receivers needed serial numbers to the stupid scenarios regarding stopping crime by requiring a serial number! How stupid. The ballistics of an AR-15 can be changed in seconds by switching barreled upper receivers. Uppers don't have serial numbers! So tell me again, OP, how having a serial number will prevent crime or have any effect on it.

Somebody else talked about steel AR-15 lower receivers! I've never in my life seen or heard of a lower built of steel! Polymer, aluminum, or even wood but never steel!

To the geniuses that have a problem with 80% lowers, have you ever considered that at one point they were 0% lowers? There are PDF plans online on machining a block of aluminum (0% receiver). I suppose you want to close that supposed loophole too!

Why does the OP have such a consuming desire to take more liberties from law abiding Americans? It's disgusting. And stupid as hell! I have an idea for you: just push for making aluminum illegal and possession of a drill press or milling machine punishable by 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine! Would you feel safe then? As somebody said earlier, grow a pair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I havnt avoided your talk about serial numbers, I have told you many times why your wrong and why your idea sucks.

Please make up another example of things that do not happen to try and chnage my mind.

The simple facts are as follows
1. People can legally make a rifle for personal use and do not need a serial number.
2. People who make said rifles are not committing crimes.

Question: With the two self evident facts above; why should a civil right be further restricted?
Correct Answer: Their is no logical reason to restrict a civil right given the known facts.
Your answer: Well, you never know what someone might do someday and criminals can become machinist but they won't do machining work which can pay 100k a year and instead will make guns without serial numbers for criminals or terrorists.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:57 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,763,627 times
Quote:
This Loophole needs to be closed. Great way for a criminal or a mental case to get a rifle.
Mother Jones... MUAHAHAHA

Criminals don't MAKE guns, they buy them. Totally untraceable? So are all the guns purchased on the street!!

You gun haters, who have no experience with gun ownership, haven't got a clue!

Old 06-07-2014, 12:11 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,731,281 times
Quote:
" Deaths from all rifles constitute about 3%. The ratio of hunting rifles to assault rifles in our country dictates that perhaps....maybe....1% of gun deaths come from assault rifles compared the hunting rifles."

I am quite sure that the SANDY HOOK parents will agree with you that 1-3% is just nothing.
I understand you're emotional. Gun control people are quite often driven by emotion instead of logic. I'm sure that the parents of children who die any type of death are upset, but Sandy Hook deaths are no more or less important because they died from an assault rifle. There's no reason to expend so much energy on banning assault rifles when statistically they comprise such a small % of the gun crime.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I understand you're emotional. Gun control people are quite often driven by emotion instead of logic. I'm sure that the parents of children who die any type of death are upset, but Sandy Hook deaths are no more or less important because they died from an assault rifle. There's no reason to expend so much energy on banning assault rifles when statistically they comprise such a small % of the gun crime.
Remember, its mostly about the victims wanting to "hurt" others to compensate for the loss, in this case it is us losing our rights...

I am sorry for the lost, that being said my rights are not less important or valid.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:04 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,199,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mason3000 View Post
i understand you're emotional. Gun control people are quite often driven by emotion instead of logic. I'm sure that the parents of children who die any type of death are upset, but sandy hook deaths are no more or less important because they died from an assault rifle. There's no reason to expend so much energy on banning assault rifles when statistically they comprise such a small % of the gun crime.
i never said anything about banning any thing.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
You, personally have not..

Other like you..Have, do, and are..

Old 06-08-2014, 05:09 PM

46,200 posts, read 26,966,096 times
Quote:
You just want more laws that a criminal won't listen to....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies