Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 01:26 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times

Advertisements

Thrice-Divorced Florida Attorney General Calls Gay Families Unstable / Queerty

How can someone of this character call same sex marriages "unstable" given her own marriage history and other divorced heterosexual marriages?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 01:30 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,347,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Thrice-Divorced Florida Attorney General Calls Gay Families Unstable / Queerty

How can someone of this character call same sex marriages "unstable" given her own marriage history and other divorced heterosexual marriages?
I assume her 3 marriages were between two heterosexuals.

Maybe she needs to try marrying a gay man or lesbian. Could work out for her.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:30 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Based on the gay friends I have had....it is about the same as my non-gay friends......none of them are very stable.

Old 06-02-2014, 01:32 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,256,702 times
She didn't call the marriages unstable, she called the families unstable. Apparently allowing homosexuals to marry will cause biological families to split up or cause parents to lose their rights.

Quote:
preventing gay couples from marrying increases “the likelihood that children will be born to and raised by the mothers and fathers who produced them in stable and enduring family units.”

Old 06-02-2014, 01:46 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Sometimes I wonder what the hell is in the water down in Florida.

Their public officials often sound dumber than ours...and sounding dumber than an Arizona public official isn't an easy feat to accomplish.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:00 PM

3,599 posts, read 6,781,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Based on the gay friends I have had....it is about the same as my non-gay friends......none of them are very stable.
Yup. Gay straight. It don't matter. Divorce will happen.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:14 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,378,651 times
Gay people are just people. They aren't any worse or any better than anybody else. I'm sure their success/failure rate in marriage will be the same as heterosexual marriages.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Gay people are just people. They aren't any worse or any better than anybody else. I'm sure their success/failure rate in marriage will be the same as heterosexual marriages.
Yep, I tend to agree. But I wonder if gay marriages feel additional stress because the battle to recognize such has been so hardly fought. Comparably, some "minority" Americans feel that he/she must be at least twice as good as a white person to succeed and for fear of making the race/ethnic group "look bad." If the gay couple was surrounded by families, friends or community that were expecting them to fail, would it add more pressure for the couple not to fail?
I always felt bad for those pioneering gay married couples who were attempting to divorce, but not being able to. They must have not only gone through their personal turmoil with a huge spotlight, but also making gays look bad in some peoples' opinions because of perceived instability attributed to "those gay couples".

Old 06-02-2014, 07:20 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Yep, I tend to agree. But I wonder if gay marriages feel additional stress because the battle to recognize such has been so hardly fought. Comparably, some "minority" Americans feel that he/she must be at least twice as good as a white person to succeed and for fear of making the race/ethnic group "look bad." If the gay couple was surrounded by families, friends or community that were expecting them to fail, would it add more pressure for the couple not to fail?
I always felt bad for those pioneering gay married couples who were attempting to divorce, but not being able to. They must have not only gone through their personal turmoil with a huge spotlight, but also making gays look bad in some peoples' opinions because of perceived instability attributed to "those gay couples".
That is funny......

When I read this I wondered if non-gay couples with children had more stress in the marriage.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
That is funny......

When I read this I wondered if non-gay couples with children had more stress in the marriage.
Well yeah, that's definitely yet ANOTHER major added stress. Some of the gay couples also have children. something like 1 in 3 lesbian couples have kids, 1 in 5 gay men last time that I read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies