Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2014, 03:36 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Or reduce taxes on employers which is balanced by a rising minimum wage?
I am for reducing Some taxes for any business that will raise the minimum wage to coincide with the tax break they get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 03:37 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Oh, so people are animals if they don't have enough money or a well paid enough job?

Considering you seem to envy the people on food stamps for living high on the hog...it must not be a great job.

I hope you experience a period of time where you need help from compassionate people. I hope you live in the shoes of the people who need this help, and understand what it is like. I hope you live like the people you easily dismiss as animals that need to drop dead.

Where is this IDEA that people need compassion from GOVERNMENT.

There is the FLAW in your thinking.
If I want compassion from people I am looking in the wrong place to go to the government.
If there was no food program from the government what would happen? Would they look at what they are making, what they are buying what they have to do to live and question government or look for more government theft of others.

If the food stamps program was run outside of government taxes would it work or would you say we need to FORCE compassion. Answer that inside and see what animals vote for and action when you take it away without FORCE. Those who are dependent on it will not be compassionate for those who have been stolen from and DEMAND and or take to the streets and rob and murder and rape and steal. You will see the animals not the compassion you demand of me.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sooo...screw those who can't work, or are unable to find work?

I like my idea better, guaranteed basic income-provided to EVERYONE through the social security office...followed up by:
Removing social security disability thats below the amount.

Remove:
unemployment
minimum wage
section 8 housing
etc etc etc.

suddenly working-no matter what-gets you ahead again. Heck if you do part time because you're disabled its a good plan for you.

All the while we maintain a minimum std of living-that everyone gets no matter what.

And make any intentional fraud of the program a death penalty case.

Why is this the role of government? That is what I ask of you.

SS is broke by the way... and soon to be when I am disabled and or old. How did government protect me? Is this the trust and basic guarantee you think government provides for you.

Free economics will provide a pretty close steady income, still havent had it the government and dependents are to busy find ways to control you and as are the businesses who are in bed with government.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:45 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post

Also all the temp visas and others who stay here and never renew and or return also would be illegal immgrants of which also are likely on the food stamps programs. Of which I am sure if we had voter id and valid SS numbers to people who aren't DEAD.

IF we ACTUALLY had a STUDY on that number of which you seem so focused on 20 million, 25, 35, 30, 11, who cares... these people are on the program and arent even here ILLEGALLY!!'

When I say 1 million illegals it shouldnt even be one individual illegally here on food stamps.

I would sign him up and when he collects the check deport him, her and their children.
Illegals are not eligible for SNAP.

Quote:
80% of the people on food stamps are life time users of it and never get OFF!!!!! not 80% of the population of the united states..
The average amount of time a new participant spends on SNAP is 8 to 10 months.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:47 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times
Quote:
Remove the federal income tax and lets see if charity can do the work of what the government wasn't doing.
Before food stamps did every child and old person DIE!!! give me a break.

Stop devaluing the dollar of the spending spree of the government and that includes something other then the military ALONE. Freaking 4 dollars for milk and is part of the problem.

Our dollar is not worth as much which again is the government spending people into poverty!
They have played with the inflation rates to keep wages low, food prices high and gas prices high and spending more and more to keep it that way.
Wow, you really don't know **** about how the poor were cared for before these programs?

There has always been care for the indigent (Poor Relief - Social Welfare History Project). A significant number of people did die, caught diseases, were taken advantage of, and placed in indentured servitude. Even at a time where people didn't care about the poor they still wished to do more than you want to.

For some one who claims to be so up on the history of caring for those in need...you are frighteningly ignorant. I guess that goes hand in hand with this bull**** conspiracy nonsense.

Quote:
Where is this IDEA that people need compassion from GOVERNMENT.

There is the FLAW in your thinking.
If I want compassion from people I am looking in the wrong place to go to the government.
If there was no food program from the government what would happen? Would they look at what they are making, what they are buying what they have to do to live and question government or look for more government theft of others.

If the food stamps program was run outside of government taxes would it work or would you say we need to FORCE compassion. Answer that inside and see what animals vote for and action when you take it away without FORCE. Those who are dependent on it will not be compassionate for those who have been stolen from and DEMAND and or take to the streets and rob and murder and rape and steal. You will see the animals not the compassion you demand of me.
Oh, so the poor are not just animals any more....but they are criminals running around all day robbing, raping, and murdering with reckless abandon. You wind is an interesting place full of paranoid stories.

So at what income level do you want to start just locking up poor people because of this belief?

Obviously they seem to be criminals to you without enough evidence to be locked up...

Old 06-02-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Another thing that bugs me about OPs attitude and others like his is, for the sake of argument lets say everyone got the "we want to be very independent bug and decided we want to work instead of collecting foodstamps etc" Could everyone get a job? Last i checked the unemployment rate was at 7% that more then 21 million people who cant find work in this country. The problem also with people with OPs attitude is, they are a clueless to finding a solution except just cut cut money which doesn't solve anything.

Several things have to change about the way government runs its business of which should follow laws that are only in the constitution and welfare programs and laws that BENEFIT businesses and or punish people for making a living needs to end.

Remove most of the FEDERAL income taxes would be a good start.
Make a 3% federal sales tax.

I will have more money to spend, ALOT more and of which will fund the government and business and create jobs faster then OBAMA and move his lying lips.

I could eat out more, give more tips, and with someone who had a REALLY good job they would be buying more expensive and adding memberships, expanding cable packages, tvs, clothes etc etc.. this would be the economic boom that changes poor and those getting by to move up, get higher pay, expanding companies. The only thing that would stop it would be the government because it wouldnt requrie them to tax and spend us.. We would spend they would be left to limit on what they can borrow and spend depending on the American worker as we spend with that 3% federal sales tax. That is all they get.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:49 PM

741 posts, read 764,249 times
The Food Stamp program is one if the, if not the, largest welfare program ... for agriculture and consumer food products. That's it's primary purpose, to funnel money into the hands of the big agricultural operations and food companies. Let's not forget that. Yes, millions of our residents/citizens benefit by receipt of the food stamps ... including many, very many of our U.S. Military service families.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:53 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Why is this the role of government? That is what I ask of you.
General welfare. The government has a role in helping create a society that we all want to live in rather then some mad max thunderdome future. It helps us organize large projects.

Quote:
SS is broke by the way... and soon to be when I am disabled and or old. How did government protect me? Is this the trust and basic guarantee you think government provides for you.
Make up your mind, is it broke, or soon to be broke?
Heres a clue-no its not broke. Its current drawing down of massive reserves could be easily fixed by removing the income cap on the tax (currently it only applies to poor and middle class folks as its on ONLY the first 111K of income)

Quote:
Free economics will provide a pretty close steady income, still havent had it the government and dependents are to busy find ways to control you and as are the businesses who are in bed with government.
Im not totally sure what you are trying to say here.....

Free economics? Define that, and explain how it will provide a pretty close to steady income..

Old 06-02-2014, 03:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Well since the US government EST. 11 million to 15 million I factor in that number is low on purpose and of which since the states don't as in places like California etc because they are run by liberals and that is their voting block. Besides States cant take any actions illegal immigration is a federal law not a state law. So states process their food stamp and welfare programs etc etc. Which is another WINK WINK we dont know nothing situation that alone shows you the reason for this nonsense.

I suspect that 11 or 15 million are all on food stamps illegal because I know they aren't Feeding those 5 kids they have here on lawn services and cleaning tiolets. Of which also are probably not factored in with those "offical" US government numbers are each on of their children.

Also all the temp visas and others who stay here and never renew and or return also would be illegal immgrants of which also are likely on the food stamps programs. Of which I am sure if we had voter id and valid SS numbers to people who aren't DEAD.

IF we ACTUALLY had a STUDY on that number of which you seem so focused on 20 million, 25, 35, 30, 11, who cares... these people are on the program and arent even here LEGALLY!!'

When I say 1 million illegals it shouldn't even be one individual here on food stamps.

I would sign him up and when he collects the check deport him, her and their children.
Thank you for the response. It was very interesting and informative.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Wow, you really don't know **** about how the poor were cared for before these programs?

There has always been care for the indigent (Poor Relief - Social Welfare History Project). A significant number of people did die, caught diseases, were taken advantage of, and placed in indentured servitude. Even at a time where people didn't care about the poor they still wished to do more than you want to.

For some one who claims to be so up on the history of caring for those in need...you are frighteningly ignorant. I guess that goes hand in hand with this bull**** conspiracy nonsense.

Most people died hundreds and in the 1700s and 1800s of year ago because of DISEASES and of which come over from immigrants, polo, etc etc in other countries and this went on in most countries of that time. Churches and other groups did more for the sick then governments ever did for the time. The history of welfare while like many things in history is often the promotion of FDR of which this website is promoting the need for public welfare government programs. In some way sure some programs were a good thing but that does not mean that need to be around FOREVER. What is next should we all be on welfare because the government will take care of us what is acceptable 4-6 americans are on welfare someday would be the acceptable number that welfare is working. Welfare food stamps is breading the disease of dependancy and at this point is not about a simple 3 month hardship its a lifestyle for most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies