Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 01:28 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times

Advertisements

The wrong man for the job is the wrong man regardless of the color of his skin.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:41 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
, an African American president who wants to improve heaithcare for all people...can't you try to like the president more?
^^^^^ This is why America is so screwed up right here.
We have people like this actually voting.

To the OP, I base my support of a president on their policies and their actions, not their skin color. A bad president who happens to be black is still a bad president.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:46 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
...can't you try to like the president more?
Liking him because he's black is no better than hating him because he's black. It's still racism.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:49 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
For centuries, African Americans faced adversity and discrimination from slavery, de-facto economic segregation, legal segregation, denied services, forced to sit in back of the bus

A 14-year old kid named Emmett Till was murdered (kidnapped and tortured) for simply whistling at a white woman who was cashier at a grocery store in 1950s Mississippi and the murderers despite compelling evidence? Were acquitted)

Then Rosa Parks

Little rock 9

The Albany Georgia desegregation

The Alabama state trooper who shot Lee Jackson a peaceful protester in Selma, Alabama

The March on Washington

Assassination of MLK

The Mississippi burning during Freedom Summer...the klan coordinated murder with state police

You had systematic corrupt absence of justice...and a system where before civil rights act of 1965, black people couldn't even vote without this manipulative poll tax and literacy test abuse

And now in the 2000s, an African American president who wants to improve heaithcare for all people...can't you try to like the president more?
No, I can't.

Obama isn't Emmett Till. Obama isn't Rosa Parks. Obama never lived under segregation. Obama never met Lee Jackson. Obama wasn't in the march on Washington. Obama wasn't with MLK. Obama wasn't there during Freedom Summer.

None of those things have the slightest relevance to Obama.

You know what? My family came from Austria. Duke Ferdinand of Austria was assassinated and that was the starting point of WWI. Tens of millions of people suffered and died because of WWI. So maybe folks should try to like me better because of that, what do you think?

I feel no more responsibility to try to like Obama because of Rosa Parks than you do to try to like me because of Ferdinand.

What you're doing is just spouting politically correct babble.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:03 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
I don't think of President Obama as black, I think of him as bi-racial.

And I don't have to try to like him.....I do like him.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:04 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
For centuries, African Americans faced adversity and discrimination from slavery, de-facto economic segregation, legal segregation, denied services, forced to sit in back of the bus

A 14-year old kid named Emmett Till was murdered (kidnapped and tortured) for simply whistling at a white woman who was cashier at a grocery store in 1950s Mississippi and the murderers despite compelling evidence? Were acquitted)

Then Rosa Parks

Little rock 9

The Alabama state trooper who shot Lee Jackson a peaceful protester in Selma, Alabama

The March on Washington

Assassination of MLK

The Mississippi burning during Freedom Summer...the klan coordinated murder with state police

You had systematic corrupt absence of justice...and a system where before civil rights act of 1965, black people couldn't even vote without this manipulative poll tax and literacy test abuse

And now in the 2000s, an African American president who wants to improve heaithcare for all people...can't you try to like the president more?
The fact Obama is black is meaningless to me.

I don't hate the man, I hate his policies and his agenda. I believe they are destroying America.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:11 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:

Then Rosa Parks

Little rock 9

The March on Washington

Assassination of MLK

Does your caretaker know that you're up at this hour?

Old 06-03-2014, 04:29 AM

26,459 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:

Then Rosa Parks

Little rock 9

The March on Washington

Assassination of MLK

You are right, despite all of Obama's lies, half-truths, Bush-policies, not finding out about things until the media tells him, and war mongering...we should support Obama, based on the color of his skin.

St. Pete for Peace - Obama fact sheet

Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 690 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc. | Dan from Squirrel Hill's Blog

What Obama didn

P.S. If Elizabeth Warren runs against Hillary she will easily win...look at all the Native Americans went through!

Old 06-03-2014, 04:40 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:

Then Rosa Parks

Little rock 9

The March on Washington

Assassination of MLK

Obama has no linkage to the history you cited.

As for 'systematic corrupt absence of justice', that will be obama's legacy.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:58 AM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The wrong man for the job is the wrong man regardless of the color of his skin.
The job is SO much bigger than the man.

Watching Obama try to "be" president is similar to watching Stevie Wonder try to "be" a Formula One driver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies