Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 04:08 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Do you stereotype everyone or only gun owners?
I wouldn't ask this question. You will get some hasty response just like prohbitionists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 01:01 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
NRA reverses it's position: { sorta }

NRA-ILA's Chris Cox Talks About Open Carry and Failure of Gun Control in CA - YouTube

It's a shame. There's a big difference between supporting open carry, and thinking what those bozos down in Texas are doing is uncalled for. I support open carry, but I don't support a bunch of people strapping on AK's and AR's and going in to family businesses just so they can say "look at me". NRA had it right the first time. This behavior is un-neighborly and is actually undermining the cause they represent. They are alienating the people who can help them accomplish their legislative goals. You have to ask yourself, why is open carry legal in the first place? Certainly not so a bunch of buffoons can strap on rifles and go to dinner. Probably more like to protect hunters walking their shotguns to their vehicles, etc.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:03 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
I also don't buy the NRA's explanation of how this happened either. They say in the interview that "this shouldn't have been released" and "was the personal opinion of one staff writer"..... Yeah right! Are we to believe that an organization as big, powerful, and influential as the NRA allows one person to release an official statement on the NRA's behalf without that statement being looked over and vetted by anyone else? I don't think so.

This is the first time I've ever been somewhat disappointed in the NRA. This comes off as a little wishy-washy and shows weakness, and weakness is the last thing gun owners need in their ranks right now.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:52 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
What's wrong with that? When they get into a shoot out and kill a whole bunch of innocent bystanders, they'll blame the bystanders for not carrying guns and shooting back ... even the five-year-olds.
Gotta love leftist BS....

Old 06-05-2014, 04:57 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Do you stereotype everyone or only gun owners?

Of course, linda is a true sheelpe....she is told what say....

When have you ever heard of any gun owner (left or right) say anything about a shootout....?

Old 06-05-2014, 05:59 AM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I just saw on the news where a Philadelphia abortion doctor serving life in prison for murders son shot when he was interrupted burglarizing somebody's house. In the confrontation the homeowner's neighbor came to his aid and was armed. Gun owner's one, criminal's zero, liberal's zero.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I just saw on the news where a Philadelphia abortion doctor serving life in prison for murders son shot when he was interrupted burglarizing somebody's house. In the confrontation the homeowner's neighbor came to his aid and was armed. Gun owner's one, criminal's zero, liberal's zero.
It was a failed late term abortion.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:13 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I also don't buy the NRA's explanation of how this happened either. They say in the interview that "this shouldn't have been released" and "was the personal opinion of one staff writer"..... Yeah right! Are we to believe that an organization as big, powerful, and influential as the NRA allows one person to release an official statement on the NRA's behalf without that statement being looked over and vetted by anyone else? I don't think so.

This is the first time I've ever been somewhat disappointed in the NRA. This comes off as a little wishy-washy and shows weakness, and weakness is the last thing gun owners need in their ranks right now.

When they lie to paid membership then expect anything.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Where'd you get that idea?

He was 20, and you only have to be 18 to buy a rifle. He was denied because he failed the BGC.
Thanks for the correction and not a personal attack.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Care to elaborate?

How about some specific examples?
IRRC Old Wayne stated that Hillary had signed the international arms treaty. THERE NEVER WAS ANY TREATY.
Wayne the got 19 Senators to say they would oppose any arms treaty. Wayne then claimed success.

There have only been meetings between countries on this. No treaty to even sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies