Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 01:07 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Must be some real slackers in Congress for it to have taken this long.
I'd say that any politician who isn't a millionaire because of his office is probably one you can trust.

Let's put it this way; Pelosi took office and was worth about $1. 3M, and is now worth more than $100M. She earned more than $14M last year alone.

This is a pretty good site to research net worths:
Richest Politicians | Celebrity Net Worth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 01:13 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Oh, good grief.....

There are many millionaires......a million is nothing now.
Sweet, then please send some money my way since it's "nothing" to be a millionaire these days.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:18 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Sweet, then please send some money my way since it's "nothing" to be a millionaire these days.
Sorry.....you will have to earn your own.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:47 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
They deserve it for the truly wonderful job they are doing, or think they are doing! To quote F Scott Fitzgerald: "Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me. They possess and enjoy early, and it does something to them, makes them soft where we are hard, and cynical where we are trustful, in a way that, unless you were born rich, it is very difficult to understand. They think, deep in their hearts, that they are better than we are because we had to discover the compensations and refuges of life for ourselves. Even when they enter deep into our world or sink below us, they still think that they are better than we are. They are different."

"Wealthy members of Congress are living the high life at taxpayer expense, while most of the rest of the country continues to suffer through one of the worst economic periods in our lifetimes.

Millions of dollars are being spent on “office expenses” and on the hair care needs of Senators, but very little is being done to stop this abuse.

It is almost as if the American people have just accepted that this is how “big government” is supposed to operate."

For The First Time Ever, More Than Half The Members Of Congress Are Millionaires | The Daily Sheeple
While they divide and conquer and wage war against straw dog 1%rs the legislators get richer with inside trading and other quid pro quo deals. The likes of Martha Stewart and Phil Michelson might be eligible for prosecution...and if they can't make that case they try to get you in a lie.

The deck is stacked by your elected representatives in their favor. Go argue about teacher vs police salaries while the puppeteers pull your strings and enjoy your clumsy fumbling.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:11 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I still asked for your proof of that as well....and nothing.

Can you make at least one claim that survives being asked to prove it?
Out of curiosity, and not as a slight... how many times a day do you "ask for proof" for any number of topics, only to completely disregard anything offered?

I've noticed this to be a rinse and repeat meme used mostly by the left.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:19 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
I think the bigger question is: how did they obtain that wealth?

I'd be fine with a Congress composed of nothing but millionaires if they all earned that money legitimately - businesses, investing, hard work, saving, etc. A Congress like that might at least have some clue about how to run a nation or business.

Of course, the sad reality is that much of that money was probably not really earned.. there's no shortage of bribes - I mean "campaign contributions" - that are provided to fluff up their salaries and keep them well removed from any of the concerns of the citizens.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:12 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sorry. A million bucks is nothing.

I am frankly shocked it is only 50%. I suspect that is a lie or some other manipulation of information.
It's got to be higher.
a million bucks is nothing? It would sure go a long way if deposited in 99% of American's bank aco****s.

Saying a million bucks is nothing is blatent disrespect for the value of the dollar.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
a million bucks is nothing? It would sure go a long way if deposited in 99% of American's bank aco****s.

Saying a million bucks is nothing is blatent disrespect for the value of the dollar.
It is the truth.....but, the disrespect for the dollar was done by our government.......they made it worth so little by printing more and more of it.

If you question how little our money is worth.......check and see want your bank will pay you to rent it from you.

That is one reason I pulled all my money out of banks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies