Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 05:05 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times

Advertisements

Oh, I would make wedding cakes and spike them with large amounts of laxatives.

Major Payne style.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:06 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
when the courts force a business to do something they dont want to do, then it means that government is too big and too intrusive.
What if a restaurant or a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant or a slaughterhouse business doesn't want to submit to a mandatory health inspection?

Last edited by hammertime33; 06-03-2014 at 05:19 PM..

Old 06-03-2014, 05:08 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What if a restaurant or a pharmaceutical manufacturing or a slaughterhouse business doesn't want to submit to a mandatory health inspection?
Big difference between a bakery deciding who to sell to over a slaughterhouse.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:10 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Big difference between a bakery deciding who to sell to over a slaughterhouse.
I agree. But it wasn't me who said: "when the courts force a business to do something they dont want to do, then it means that government is too big and too intrusive."

I was just curious if the poster who said that actually meant it.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Last time I checked, religious freedom is a constitutional right. Although the the ruling went against him, the baker is not about to change his religious beliefs and will continue with business as usual. He will file an appeal and more power to him.

As others have said, why would they want him to bake their wedding cake anyway? Because of my ethnicity, I have faced discrimination many times. Did I make a federal case of it? No. I have better things to do with my time than cry like these two attention seeking gays.
exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Oh, I would make wedding cakes and spike them with large amounts of laxatives.

Major Payne style.
this is exactly the reason i would not want to force a business to sell to me if they dont want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What if a restaurant or a pharmaceutical manufacturing or a slaughterhouse business doesn't want to submit to a mandatory health inspection?
it is one thing to force a business owner to sell to someone they dont want to sell to, it is another to sell to people and risk making them sick. which would you rather have, and outbreak of e-coli which is a health issue for everyone, or a completely free market where the business owner can do anything they want? personally health and safety codes do not violate anyones civil rights.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:18 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
How can someone be order by a court, or anyone else, to produce a product? And how can they be "forced" to take sensitivity training? Or "make" their employees take it?

What, really, is the value of forced sensitivity training? When it was offered by my company, I simply chose not to attend as I see no value in it and don't need to waste time listening to leftist propaganda. Does anyone think it's really going to change someone's feelings about a situation?

Will this baker have to take a sexual preferences survey of all customers? What if a customer doesn't want to discuss it? No cake for them? And if he is "forced" to make cakes for gays, isn't that indentured servitude? I thought slavery was abolished long ago in this country.

How was anyone hurt? I wouldn't want someone who disliked me making a wedding cake for me. I'd rather find another baker. What's that? Oh.... it's an "agenda" thing and has nothing to do with cakes, eh?
I agree with you completely. But, this is the New Amerika, where we are no longer free to exercise our own religion, but we must embrace all others.

Very sad. This is what "progressivism" is all about. This is what the Democrats stand for. Vote them all out! Every last one!

Old 06-03-2014, 05:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
exactly.

this is exactly the reason i would not want to force a business to sell to me if they dont want to.

it is one thing to force a business owner to sell to someone they dont want to sell to, it is another to sell to people and risk making them sick. which would you rather have, and outbreak of e-coli which is a health issue for everyone, or a completely free market where the business owner can do anything they want? personally health and safety codes do not violate anyones civil rights.
There was a poster on another thread who said he,d put poison in a cake destined for a homosexual wedding. Yessirree, Bob!
There are some pretty sick minds on C-D.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
it is weird to me. I don't know all the details, but the baker says he is no longer making wedding cakes.
How sad, but that was really the only choice he had if he wanted to stay in business. This is the kind of thing the Democrats support. Never ever vote for any Democrat again! They are like the Taliban. You must adhere to their rules, or you are put out of business.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:21 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Reread your post. You weren't looking for an answer.
I didn't ask the question. Obviously you aren't real concerned over what is being wrote and by whom or even what I said.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
How do you make a "gay cake"? Is it rainbow?
I would never participate in a homosexual "wedding" by providing services for it. Sorry, but it's my right. Anyone who offends my beliefs does not get my service. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies