Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-05-2014, 05:54 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh
825 posts, read 1,040,182 times
Reputation: 893

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I disagree. The problem is the victims in American society (poor working class) vote for the very same people who exploit them (Republicans). Republicans pander to their conservative religious beliefs and then get their votes. It baffles me how poor good ole boys will vote for the very same people who outsourced their jobs because they deny gay rights, abortion etc.

In short, they are doing it to themselves. They prioritize denying same sex marriage over preserving their job. That's why even the poorest areas in the South and rural areas in other states will vote for conservatives. Denying gay marriage, bashing illegals and Hispanics, and opposing gun control matter more to them that preventing jobs from being outsourced and making corporations pay their fair share of taxes.
I think we are in agreement there, except I would say the middle class does the same thing. Both parties have shipped jobs overseas, supported the patriot act, and allowed our young men to die in unnecessary and illegal wars. My point is neither party represents the people at the highest levels because to get there, they have to sell out to wealthy corporations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-05-2014, 05:57 AM
 
79,911 posts, read 44,490,291 times
Reputation: 17214
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
I find your response odd. I'm not trying to tell you what to do and I certainly do not vote for the lesser of the two evils myself. You've got the wrong guy here. Allowing politicians to buy votes does not create a fair, free society. It creates the government we see today...its run by the rich.
The solution is simple but people would rather complain because to do anything else would require they change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2014, 06:49 AM
 
Location: Midwest City, Oklahoma
14,845 posts, read 8,268,883 times
Reputation: 4590
First, I want to say that I could really care less whether or not other countries like America. It only matters if it has some tangible benefit or consequence. Does not liking America mean they aren't visiting America? Are they not moving to America? Are they not trading with America? What is it doing? Anything?

I mean, China is pretty disliked. Do they give a crap?


Secondly, I don't really trust this poll. They asked about 24,000 people in twenty-four countries(out of about 200), and it seems the vast majority of those countries were in Europe.

Based on the fact that they asked 24,000 people in 24 countries the question. One might assume that they asked 1,000 people in each of the countries polled. Which, if you consider that almost every country polled was located in Europe. Isn't this poll better described as just "How Europe sees the world"? Calling it a "global" poll seems pretty ridiculous.



This poll and this thread is basically completely useless. Which is unsurprising, since the vast majority of the crap posted in this forum is useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2014, 07:04 AM
 
25,927 posts, read 16,672,282 times
Reputation: 16127
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
BBC News - Russian image has deteriorated - BBC World Service poll



Now, isn't that a massive turnaround considering the position Germany was in 70 years ago?
The thanks should go the US. If not for the US and the UK Russia would have taken the whole country, no way they would be enjoying the prosperity they do today.

The US kept the Communists at bay until reunification. The US has provided an umbrella of military protection and treated their former enemy like a cherished friend for the last 70 years.

Of course it's because of the hard work and efficiency that comes natural to Germans that Germany is what it is today but would not have been possible without US help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2014, 10:35 AM
 
3 posts, read 2,222 times
Reputation: 17
The USA is the best country in the world for hard working people, also for people that follow and respect the law.I am from Spain but i've been in the USA for more than 12 years.Since I came here I always had a job, americans always treated very well.The USA is still the land of opporttunities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2014, 10:40 AM
 
13,299 posts, read 7,918,166 times
Reputation: 2144
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
BBC News - Russian image has deteriorated - BBC World Service poll



Now, isn't that a massive turnaround considering the position Germany was in 70 years ago?
But, have they learned to deal more effectively with jealously since back then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2014, 10:41 AM
 
13,299 posts, read 7,918,166 times
Reputation: 2144
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

Of course it's because of the hard work and efficiency that comes natural to Germans that Germany is what it is today but would not have been possible without US help.
Any other country would have squandered it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2014, 10:45 AM
 
12,997 posts, read 13,710,050 times
Reputation: 11193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Right, actually. When I say redistribute I am not talking about passing out checks to lazy people who will not work. I am talking about returning to a system where American workers are not being exploited for the benefit of the wealthy. Raise taxes on the rich to levels in Germany, make education affordable again without lifelong debt, free our people from the burden of outrageous health care costs by implementing something along the lines of what they have in Germany, invest in the infrastructure and new technology that will make us competitive instead of boarding up everything and shipping the jobs to everywhere but here. Stop the war on trade unions. Yes, many of our unions are corrupt and do not serve the workers anymore, but that is no reason to dump the whole concept and let the corporations act without balance. German unions work together with management to promote everyone's welfare. I could go on, but what is the use? Like I said, the US is headed to hell in a hand cart and it is going to take violence in the streets to wrest the country back from the "1%".
Hell yeah! If more Americans knew what life was like in Western Europe, the new American dream would be to live like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2015, 11:06 PM
 
Location: Atlantis
3,016 posts, read 3,931,185 times
Reputation: 8868
I know.

Its like, start two world wars, kill over 6 million J-ews, and have your country rebuilt by the same nations you were fighting.

And, then your the most popular country in the world.

I'm American. Its like fck me, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2015, 11:13 PM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
39,515 posts, read 27,909,039 times
Reputation: 16248
Ich liebe Deutschland auch

I love Germany because it is a beautiful country, its rich culture, and disciplined people.

Most people say bad things about America because they are jealous! Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:49 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top