Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 09:50 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times

Advertisements

Why would anyone like America? We are greedy and egotistical. We also have the most embarassing display of (conservative) politics in the developed world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 09:51 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The US is entering the end stage of capitalism and will disintegrate into chaos unless we change our ways and redistribute wealth back to the dying middle class.
So dramatic. Just get rid of the IRS and have a Nat'l sales tax

Old 06-04-2014, 09:53 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
These are great ideas, but to be honest they will have no impact until you cut the head off of the snake. Publicly funded elections, strict term limits, zero lobbying, zero campaign contributions. Make career politicians and corporate influence in elections a thing of the past.
The answer to corruption in government is never one where we restrict the rights of others. Its none of your business how I spend my money. If you want to continue to vote for what you know to be the lesser of two evils blame yourself not me because I decide to give money to someone I see as not evil.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:24 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Why would anyone like America? We are greedy and egotistical. We also have the most embarassing display of (conservative) politics in the developed world.
Well... as I've been told a thousand times by folks with similar political leanings as yours, goodbye. Perhaps Somalia? That's a favorite suggestion that I get often.

Yes, Somalia seems to be the magic slam when told to leave the country. It needs to have its own label similar to bringing up Hitler all the time (there is a name for that on Wikipedia as pointed out to me not long ago, but I don't remember the term). How about Somaliacentrism?

Old 06-04-2014, 10:57 AM

825 posts, read 1,034,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The answer to corruption in government is never one where we restrict the rights of others. Its none of your business how I spend my money. If you want to continue to vote for what you know to be the lesser of two evils blame yourself not me because I decide to give money to someone I see as not evil.
How do you think the idea of the two evils got started? Corporations own both parties. But feel free to continue to donate your drop in the bucket. Won't make any difference.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:58 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Wrong...we simply need to quit giving it to the upper classes. The middle and lower classes will continue to fall further and further behind as long as wall street gets billions while the lower levels get and extra $20 a week.
Yeah this is basically it.
Just get more money flowing away from the monster investment banks and to main st.

It is possible to do without stealing from what they already have.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
How do you think the idea of the two evils got started? Corporations own both parties. But feel free to continue to donate your drop in the bucket. Won't make any difference.
Not because of me so don't go telling me what I can or can't do. Your time might be better spent in front of a mirror.

I will not vote for the lesser of two evils.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:13 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
The great nations thru out history have never run or paid attention to popularity polls. Once Europe laughed at Germany when they did reforms in the 1990's ;now they are said to not be sharing wealth with other Europeans nations altho they are financiers of saving many of the countries. Envy doesn't lead to much of anywhere as always.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:15 AM

122 posts, read 98,652 times
In industry, Germany treats and recognizes it's employee's not much different then N/A in the earlier decades.

Last edited by Drew K; 06-04-2014 at 11:28 AM..

Old 06-04-2014, 11:29 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
BBC News - Russian image has deteriorated - BBC World Service poll

Now, isn't that a massive turnaround considering the position Germany was in 70 years ago?
Maybe we should take their example Lets eradicate a whole class of people, start a war and get the crap blown out of us and then let someone else pay to rebuild the country? Worked for the Krauts right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies