Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 12:35 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You can thank Clinton for signing NAFTA into law. Yeah Bush1 may have had a hand in putting it together, but in the end it was Clinton who moved it forward. Same with The Patriot ACT. Bush2 put it together, and enacted it, and Obama continued it, as well as expanded it. Further proof that both parties are full of s***, and no longer represent the will of the people!
And let's not forget Carter and his CRA, which led to the housing crisis which began late in 2008 (It wasn't Bush's fault ... he just happened to be Pres. when the walls came tumbling down, but the Republicans had repeatedly warned, but the warnings landed on deaf Democrat ears; because the CRA was their 'baby,' and they were going to defend it at all cost).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 12:39 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
"We" didn't "switch" to a service based economy. The liberal ideals forced businesses to move their businesses elsewhere, and now they are forcing even the service based economy to go away.
I know, those annoying liberal ideals of clean air & water, safe workplaces, fair wages …

Damn idealists.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, please! What absolute horse manure! Why is it that you people always think "corporate greed" is responsible for all your troubles?

Get up off your butt and do something for yourself. You are what is holding you back. No corporation, no one else but YOU!
You're right. I should move to China to get one of those jobs that you righties wanted to move there so you could increase your profits.

BTW, I'm really tired of being accused of being lazy or unemployed because I advocate certain policies. Do you people really have no conception of anything outside your own little bubble, or of people who actually do?

Old 06-04-2014, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Absolutely. Anyone who works full time should not be poor.

It's absurd that we live in a country where people working 40 hours a week are poor, and on public assistance. It's just another way we're subsidizing corporations.
What a bunch of Liberal "Progressive" horse manure! Working 40 hours doesn't guarantee anybody anything, nor should it. One only deserves what one is willing to work for, and work by itself doesn't give you any right to things beyond what your paycheck is able to supply you with. If it isn't enough, you need to do something to increase your wages.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:49 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You're right. I should move to China to get one of those jobs that you righties wanted to move there so you could increase your profits.

BTW, I'm really tired of being accused of being lazy or unemployed because I advocate certain policies. Do you people really have no conception of anything outside your own little bubble, or of people who actually do?

Then stop using the Internet, cell phone, phone, car, wearing cloth, eating food, living in a house/apartment etc. etc. etc.

All those things you do just feed into the greed of the big corporations and increase their profits.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:

If it weren't for government interference, high taxes, and too much regulation, corporations wouldn't find it necessary to move some operations to China. They have to have profit. But I guess they could have instead just closed their doors and laid off all their workforce. Yeah, that sounds like a great solution to government over regulation, doesn't it? Actually, that may be where we are headed. We have seen a lot of factories close their doors because of over regulation, the most recent example is our last primary lead smelter. It finally succumbed to over regulation at the end of last year.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:59 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If it weren't for government interference, high taxes, and too much regulation, corporations wouldn't find it necessary to move some operations to China. They have to have profit. But I guess they could have instead just closed their doors and laid off all their workforce. Yeah, that sounds like a great solution to government over regulation, doesn't it? Actually, that may be where we are headed. We have seen a lot of factories close their doors because of over regulation, the most recent example is our last primary lead smelter. It finally succumbed to over regulation at the end of last year.
No, that's because of the greed of those large corporations. If not for the greed, those companies could have remained open here in USA hiring workers and providing good benefits with "fill in the blank" out of the thin air.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:

What..you think China is like the US in welcoming illegals ?
Sadly you're stuck here.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
No, that's because of the greed of those large corporations. If not for the greed, those companies could have remained open here in USA hiring workers and providing good benefits with "fill in the blank" out of the thin air.
The big multinationals like Coke are making their profits from the new middle class in emerging nations.
How do you plan to stop that "greed" ?

No one forces you to buy their stuff.

Forget those companies. Those jobs are not coming back.
You're going to have to rely on your nanny government to support you now.

This offshoring started over 50 years ago.
People didn't seem to care because it was always someone else's job that got off shored.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Then stop using the Internet, cell phone, phone, car, wearing cloth, eating food, living in a house/apartment etc. etc. etc.

All those things you do just feed into the greed of the big corporations and increase their profits.
Such a silly strawman.

Inviting them to balloon their profits from merely gigantic to positively obscene by killing unions, weakening environmental laws and inviting them to move their jobs and profits offshore does that. And I'm sure you, like all other righties, approve heartily of all of that.

So don't blame me. I'm not a corporate worshipper. I'm just someone who remembers a time when companies made excellent profits AND supported a healthy middle class, and therefore knows it's completely possible. Just not while you slavish corporate worshippers are running the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies