Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 11:51 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times

Advertisements

I still can't believe more liberals are not furious about this.

Obama has consolidated so much power in the executive branch that the entire balance of power between the various branches of government has been completely destroyed by this president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 12:24 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I still can't believe more liberals are not furious about this.

Obama has consolidated so much power in the executive branch that the entire balance of power between the various branches of government has been completely destroyed by this president.
They love it for now, but will be back to hating it when their side is not in power.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:26 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The birther issue is not a scandal,.....
it is according to the birthers.

Quote:
Obama's mother was a US citizen, no matter where he was born he was a US citizen, ....
actually IF obama was born outside of the US his mother was a couple months shy of the minimum age requirement to automatically confer US citizenship according to the laws in 1961.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:48 PM

594 posts, read 346,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
They love it for now, but will be back to hating it when their side is not in power.
Sort of like loving the senate majority blocking the minority from filibusters, and hating it once the repubs take back control of the senate?

Old 06-04-2014, 12:51 PM

594 posts, read 346,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
it is according to the birthers.

actually IF obama was born outside of the US his mother was a couple months shy of the minimum age requirement to automatically confer US citizenship according to the laws in 1961.
Hmmm, I was not aware of that. So you are saying an American citizen must be 21 years old or so, to confer citicenship on their child, if it's born outside CONUS???

Old 06-04-2014, 01:32 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Another scandal that seems to be all in the wingnut ragers mind.

I am still waiting for the birth certificate scandal to "take the administration down" before moving to the next scandal that was supposed to do so.

I don't understand this obsession with find the next scandal over and over that doesn't seem to go anywhere. Then the next week a new scandal that eventual doesn't go anywhere, but hell if wingnuts will believe it just like the one before it...and at all points it's just about to take Obama down. So many years of this **** week after week I wonder if wingnuts understand why this has become a chicken-little like comedy to people who have a memory of what happened with the last dozen (and more) "breaking scandals."

Oh, wait for it...3...2...1...I am being paid to say this by Obama's crack team of internet commentator group Still waiting to see some evidence of those claims besides I have a nerve to disagree with wingnuts opinion on the new weekly scandal and 15 minutes of rage.
Can you spell OBAMA WORSHIPER? You would defend him if he murdered his sister.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:46 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
I can't believe what is happening and can't believe anyone would really continue to defend Obama or support him, OK, I know I am partial, I don't deny it, but there seems to be no end to what we are learning about this man!! Even if some of this is over reacting, only partly true, whatever, we all have to realize, 1/2 of what has happened, if true is enough for those who support him to hang their heads in shame...I will give him credit for one thing: he did order the killing of Bin L.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
Hmmm, I was not aware of that. So you are saying an American citizen must be 21 years old or so, to confer citicenship on their child, if it's born outside CONUS???
no, 19. for births between 1952 and 1986:

"In the case of a child born to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent, the U.S. citizen parent now had only to be physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions prior to the child's birth for 10 years, at least 5 of which were after the age of 14."

U.S. CITIZENSHIP ACQUIRED BY BIRTH ABROAD

Old 06-04-2014, 02:01 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And this is surprising... why again?

The King has made his intentions clear from the beginning. The nation is too ADHD to listen and comprehend.
True.....I understood him.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
.... CONUS???
are you talking about the continental US? there is no legal distinction in US citizenship between the continental US and alaska and hawaii once they were granted statehood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies