Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 11:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,268,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
So will any of you change your opinions or feelings on this if you find out we also PAID for this swap in $$$?
I was just reading that this "terrorist group" is more like an Afghan version of the mafia.
And the State Dept. only designated them as "terrorist" in 2012.

So yeah..I wouldn't be surprised to find out we funded them for the next 10 years.
I read the wiki leaks reports of how we handed suitcases full of cash to tribal leaders and their relatives to gain "friendship".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 11:06 AM

17,350 posts, read 9,180,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Bergdahl and "mental health" issues articles are starting to surface now.
Bergdahl could have been suffering from mental health issues.

Did Sergeant Bergdahl Desert The Army Or Did The Army Desert Him? | ThinkProgress
YEP -- this looks like the latest "evolution" of Bergdahl and the Taliban 5. These Leftists are already vilifying any former (or current) Military that dare to say what they know of Bergdahl when they served with him.

1. He was on patrol and was kidnapped.
2. He went for a walk with his camera to look at the Stars or whatever
3. Not his fault - he has mental issues (which will probably be blamed on Bush)

They are at least up to 6-7 "stories" about why the O-Team kept all this secret from Congress, BUT had at least 20 classified video briefings with the Bergdahl parents. :roll eyes:

The O-Team has not worked out yet to put down the shovel, instead of making the hole deeper. They have to continue to "change" the story because the media is discovering the "story" is just wrong.
Dianne Feinstein said yesterday that she STILL has not been informed about the Bergdahl - Taliban exchange. His parent know, but the Democratic Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee still doesn't know. This gets more absurd every day.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:11 AM

13,281 posts, read 7,826,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
3. Not his fault - he has mental issues (which will probably be blamed on Bush)
The whole world would have rejoiced if Bush had been traded for Bergdahl.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:39 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,199,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, he was Absent Without Leave or guilty of Unauthorized Absence. You are not supposed to walk in and out of the base without permission, but if it is true he did this multiple times and returned, then the charge would be Unauthorized Leave, not desertion.

It seems many vets are disgusted by they way this is politicized, and how so many Americans are so willing to leave a US service man behind. Some people are threatening to kill Bergdahls parents. It's sick.
My quest
Ion would be where we're the camp guards?

Old 06-09-2014, 12:36 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
I was just reading that this "terrorist group" is more like an Afghan version of the mafia.
And the State Dept. only designated them as "terrorist" in 2012.

So yeah..I wouldn't be surprised to find out we funded them for the next 10 years.
I read the wiki leaks reports of how we handed suitcases full of cash to tribal leaders and their relatives to gain "friendship".
Something like 6 billion just dissapeared in Iraq.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:12 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,019,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Official: Bergdhal Details Don't Add Up | Washington Free Beacon

"The official, who requested anonymity because he is not authorized to speak to the press, speculated that a cash ransom was paid to the Haqqani Network to get the group to free the prisoner.

The Obama administration reportedly considered offering cash for his release as late as December 2013. The State Department has repeatedly refused to say whether the deal that released Bergdahl involved any cash payment.

The ransom plan was reportedly abandoned, but the intelligence official insisted that there is reason to believe that cash changed hands as part of the deal.

“The Haqqanis could give a rat’s ass about prisoners,†the official said, referring to the Haqqani Network, a designated terrorist group in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and the five Guantanamo Bay prisoners who were freed in exchange for Bergdahl’s release.

“The people that are holding Bergdahl want[ed] cash and someone paid it to them,†he said.
Well that of course, is speculation. What if we find out we really did pay for it? Im wondering if the ones fully backing this, as they always do when it comes to this Administration, will feel any different about it. I think it just makes it worse, obviously.

What do you think they would do with that money? It will go towards terror and killing one way or another, of friends, allies, innocents. That should outrage everyone. And when exactly are we supposed to get all the facts and details of this "swap"? We deserve to know.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
My quest
Ion would be where we're the camp guards?
I've posted this before - but here it goes again.

This was a platoon is a very primitive camp - they circled their vehicles each night like an old time Wagon Train and then wrapped the perimeter in either Razor Wire or Barbed Wire (I forget which) - they had a "Guard Post" in an elevated tower on higher ground (this is a mountainous area). The only building in this camp was supposed to be a shed that was used for storage - men slept in the vehicles or on the ground

The guards would be looking for people to Break into Camp, not sneak out of Camp. Bergdahl was on Guard Duty earlier that night (there was no night Patrol as Susan Rice claimed and no kidnapping. The men in the camp think that Bergdahl snuck out under the wire sometime between 3:30 & 4:00 AM - I gather this has to do with the Guard shifts and time as best known by those who were there. Bergdahl headed toward an Afghan village a couple of miles away - there was a reported sighting of Bergdahl crawling on the ground in a shallow trench.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Cuba should evict the U.S. for improper use of the premises.
That's sorta like the USA trying to evict Canada from the USA ..... you don't really know much about Cuba or Guantanamo do you. Cuba can't "evict" the the U.S. from anything.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,268,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Well that of course, is speculation. What if we find out we really did pay for it? Im wondering if the ones fully backing this, as they always do when it comes to this Administration, will feel any different about it. I think it just makes it worse, obviously.

What do you think they would do with that money? It will go towards terror and killing one way or another, of friends, allies, innocents. That should outrage everyone. And when exactly are we supposed to get all the facts and details of this "swap"? We deserve to know.
Unless there's another "Manning" out there you'll never know.

They said to the world they "lost 6 billion" somewhere in Iraq.
But the State Dept Memos released by Manning detail who got suitcases full of cash given to them by State Dept employees.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:39 PM

13,281 posts, read 7,826,174 times
Quote:
Unless there's another "Manning" out there you'll never know.

They said to the world they "lost 6 billion" somewhere in Iraq.
But the State Dept Memos released by Manning detail who got suitcases full of cash given to them by State Dept employees.
Well!

That would certainly make Hillary Clinton, Ms Money Bags!

She probably pocketed some of it in her cheeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies