Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 07:28 AM

262 posts, read 155,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Not much worse than the Clintons.
Well, certainly horrifyingly worse. But I do agree that the Clintons are not much better. They just hid their actions better. I guess you could compare the Clintons' tons of lies to the fact Sadaam didn't have to lie...he just did whatever he wanted to do and didn't care who knew it. If the Clinton bad stuff were exposed we would never hear from either of them again, I'm sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 07:33 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysda View Post
Wrong, again. The Supreme Court ruled that Ollie wasn't guilty of anything.
Exactly.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:38 AM

262 posts, read 155,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Our enemies were once our friends. What turned them into our enemies ?
In all the history on Sadaam and Iraq I have read, Sadaam was never our friend. America "supported" him during the Iran/Iraq war because our "smart people who understood the region" knew that Iraq was not quite as dangerous to America as was Iran. If we had to deal with one of these two in the end, Iraq was the easier one of which to take care.

I also have wonderful friends in Iran...connection being the Arabian horse, of course. It is amazing what differences there are between Iran leadership and the people who are basically descendents of Persia. The Iran Ayatollahs are the horrible power behind that government. It is the Ayatollahs (and equivalent in other Middle Eastern countries hosting terrorists) that should be jailed or worse. BO made another terrible mistake when he did not commit to help the Iranian people who revolted against that terrible government just after BO came into office. Had he done so and the people taken over and deposed all those religious zealots, we would be in a far better position today and the Middle East would also be better off. Every damn*d thing BO does is back-a$$ward and 100% wrong.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Since I have friends there, that I met and worked with for the Arabian horses at various WAHO meetings around the world, I can disagree...very strongly.

Did you see the news this morning showing the massive exodus from Mosul by Iraqis fleeing the terrorists that just took over that city? It is disheartening to see how the terrorists are moving back in and picking up where Saddam and his ilk left off...so far, the people are still better off. Sadaam and ilk where inhuman. Shame on you, Obama, for being stupid again and leaving that whole nation not ready to move on to the life to which they were so looking forward. I just can't come up with the words that truly describe what a disaster BO really is.

I'm not sure what you are disagreeing about.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Wrong, again. The Supreme Court ruled that Ollie wasn't guilty of anything.
I give people heck for forgetting recent history but this goes back awhile......

The Supreme Court refused to take up the case of whether or not he received a fair trial. That isn't saying he wasn't guilty of anything.

North plead the 5th to gain immunity. That then couldn't be used against him. Stop me if I'm wrong but isn't the argument today one that goes something like......Lerner is obviously guilty or she wouldn't have plead the 5th?

Old 06-11-2014, 08:20 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
68% of veterans oppose this swap. Count me among them. 16% favor it. I don't think non-veterans understand how offensive this Rose garden ceremony was to many vets. It was as if accusations of desertion are not important.
Then Obama, comparing himself to Lincoln and FDR trading prisoners is ignorant. I don't think Lincoln ever traded five confederate generals for a union deserter and I don't think FDR trading five German generals for a US deserter. Kind of ignorant history on Obama's part.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:25 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,326 times
WATCH LIVE: Chuck Hagel to take questions on Bergdahl at House hearing

Old 06-11-2014, 08:32 AM

Obama Popularity Hits Low in Poll After Prisoner Exchange - Bloomberg

Old 06-11-2014, 09:01 AM

18,802 posts, read 8,469,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
People need to sit down and read some James Madison.
The Senate was created to protect the people from their rulers is one gem.

Another from his speech during the Constitutional Convention:

In time of actual war, great discretionary powers are constantly given to the Executive Magistrate. Constant apprehension of War, has the same tendency to render the head too large for the body. A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence against foreign danger have been always the instruments of tyranny at home. Among the Romans it was a standing maxim to excite a war, whenever a revolt was apprehended. Throughout all Europe, the armies kept up under the pretext of defending, have enslaved the people.
Excellent words!

The major difference today with war in the past is information technology. It used to be wars were 1/3 information, 1/3 force and 1/3 leadership. Today the information is much more a component. It helped provide for the return of our POW. A major plus if the POW was not a traitor. And as we know now information technology as it resides with the NSA is very worrisome

Old 06-11-2014, 09:16 AM

741 posts, read 764,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
68% of veterans oppose this swap. Count me among them. 16% favor it. I don't think non-veterans understand how offensive this Rose garden ceremony was to many vets. It was as if accusations of desertion are not important.
I doubt the accuracy of what you assert. Neither you, I nor the "68% of veterans" know the facts of the matter. I know a lot of Vets and we've talked about this, and to a man and woman ... not one thought it was right to leave him behind. All thought the soldier is due his 'day in court' (marshall) to determine if his behavior warrants punitive action. We live in a democracy, not a society where lynch mobs rule - and thank God for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies