Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 02:44 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You can't visualize them. There is no point of reference. They aren't real as far as I am concerned, being an American, and all.

20yrsinbranson
Please stop embarrassing Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 02:45 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Yep and a lot have gone mad on laced MJ. Its more common than generally known. Any substance that alters the mind is wise to be aware of dangers of unknown consequences.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:48 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Just one in Colorado committed suicide after eating way too much pot....Unless you can provide some additional information. No one knows if it caused him to do so or why he did it. It's certainly something to note if people decide to eat over a half dozen servings in one go that never tried it before.

Granted people can die from anything given enough. I bet pillows/pot/rocks are all 100% lethal if 2,000 pounds of it falls off a truck onto you.
I can't speak regarding eating Pot but if you ate a pack of LEGAL cigarettes it would make you seriously ill or may kill you, ask anyone that has chewed what happens if they happen to swallow some of the juice.

Now SMOKING Pot I CAN speak of, and it is NOT possible to smoke enough to kill you unless you were in a closed room and it was filled with smoke, it really wouldn't be the THC that killed you it would be the CO, CO2, and lack of fresh O2.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Yep and a lot have gone mad on laced MJ. Its more common than generally known. Any substance that alters the mind is wise to be aware of dangers of unknown consequences.

IF Marijuana is legal then the content and consistency would be KNOWN.

You would buy grades/types like you do Booze.

There would be none of the seller adding things to get you addicted to other things or to enhance lower grade Pot.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:52 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times
Quote:
You can't visualize them. There is no point of reference. They aren't real as far as I am concerned, being an American, and all.

20yrsinbranson
Personally, I don't have any trouble visualizing either. A kilogram is easy as 2.2 pounds, and a milliliter is a little less than 1/4 teaspoon....that's hard to you? Your ignorance and inability to visualize a measure quickly is the reason it just doesn't exist...a measure pretty well the entire rest of the world uses?

That seems very lazy, arrogant and ignorant of the world in general.

Maybe I had better schooling, and/or did better in it, but I learned that in elementary school.

I think TV Funhouse had it right about some parts of the country being an embarrassment to humanity.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:52 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post

Thank goodness I know where mine comes from. At any rate, ever hear of slipping someone a "Mickey!" People have been known to slip something in an unsuspecting person's drink too, which is dangerous as well, and can have terrible consequences. If I'm out, or at a social function I always will take my beer with me.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:53 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
milliliters, kilograms, blah blah blah

I wish they used real measurements so you could figure out what the heck they're talking about.

20yrsinBranson
I agree. I also do not do "metric", just like I don't do Universal coordinated Time (Greenwich Mean Time). Give me measurements that I can understand, and give me time checks in Mountain Time!
OH, yeah, I guess, from what is said in other posts, I should mention that I most certainly AM an American, and metrics were not taught in schools in the 1950s, except in passing mentions of the system, I am retired Navy and a licensed A&P mechanic, and I do not like the metric system of measurement, and never had to work with it and don't want to and I am not one bit embarrassed to admit it!
How incredibly presumptuous it is, for one to think that one can speak for ALL Americans!

People drinking themselves to death is nothing new. It has happened frequently over the years. "Binge Drinking", however, IS fairly new, and mostly stupid.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:56 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
I can't speak regarding eating Pot but if you ate a pack of LEGAL cigarettes it would make you seriously ill or may kill you, ask anyone that has chewed what happens if they happen to swallow some of the juice.

Now SMOKING Pot I CAN speak of, and it is NOT possible to smoke enough to kill you unless you were in a closed room and it was filled with smoke, it really wouldn't be the THC that killed you it would be the CO, CO2, and lack of fresh O2.

Indeed. I experimented with chewing back in the day, and swallowed a bit of that juice! EHHHH! I'll take cigarettes any day. I've never eaten pot either, and more than likely don't plan to. Smoking... why yes... I've done my fair share. Still do. In fact the brain works just fine.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:59 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:

20yrsinbranson
Yes you can. It's not difficult Your prescriptions and OTC medicines are all in metric dosages, for starters. The nutrition facts labels are all in metric. The parts in your car are made to metric specifications

Old 06-05-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I agree. I also do not do "metric", just like I don't do Universal coordinated Time (Greenwich Mean Time). give me measurements that I can understand, and give me time checks in Mountain Time!

People drinking themselves to death is nothing new. It has happened for many years. "Binge Drinking", however, IS fairly new, and mostly stupid.
Binge drinking "New" ?? Depends on what you consider new I guess ... People have gone on "binges" for well, forever ... Some "wake up" days or weeks later in another State and have NO idea how they got there or what has happen for a long time.

ONE of the great things about clean unadulterated Marijuana(which it would always be if legalized) it is 100% impossible to "black out".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies