Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 03:05 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

The only reason there has been this ridiculous war on pot is because the hemp (not the smoking kind) industry ate into the profits of the plastics and textiles industries controlled by the DuPont's and Rockefeller's. These robber barons colluded with Hearst and their puppets in high places to create public hysteria through movies (Refer Madness) and print media.

Just 3 years into it they had to put everything on hold because they caused a shortage of marine rope (hemp) during WWII. Once the REAL WAR ended, they resumed their insanity with no regard for the truth.

If you've ever seen Reefer Madness, you should. It is thoroughly entertaining as a comedy.

There is no documented THC overdose. It is less a gateway drug than alcohol. And finally, if people are inclined to become addicted to a substance, making the substance illegal only adds to the glamour of it.

I'd also add that Canada is now hemp friendly ($1B in sales yr.) and We can legally import hemp oil, textiles, and food products... yet it's a felony to grow it here. The money being wasted on this ridiculous war on drugs would better serve to create recovery and prevention programs. However, there's simply too much money to be made (skimmed from the public) by every level of government from the local LEO's all the way up to the people in high places.

It is estimated there are up to 700,000 prisoners being held on minor pot charges. Several people are serving life sentences for possession:

Arrested in December of 1993, Mizanskey was found guilty for possession of five pounds of marijuana and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, as reported by Missouri-based news site River Front Times.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4283575.html

It's shameful.

Last edited by steven_h; 06-05-2014 at 03:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 03:12 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times
I wonder how many of the anti metric people are older than say 50 ... In the mid to late seventies our government tried the "great conversion" where we would all learn metric so we could be like the rest of the world ... In schools they taught conversion which was the WORST way to do it and it failed miserably, it should have been taught by immersion ...

Old 06-05-2014, 03:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,323,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
milliliters, kilograms, blah blah blah

I wish they used real measurements so you could figure out what the heck they're talking about.

20yrsinBranson
Those ARE real measurements.
Americans don't get it.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:26 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Those ARE real measurements.
Americans don't get it.
a great many Americans use those measurements every day, including me.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:53 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Please stop embarrassing Americans.
If this article were written in Polish and I complained about it would you accuse me of embarrassing Americans because I simply request that it be written in a language that I can understand?

20yrsinBranson

Old 06-05-2014, 04:07 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Milliliters and Kilograms are "not real measurements?" Seriously?
Not here in USA - we use ounces and pounds.

Real measurements - not that European nonsense.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Yep and a lot have gone mad on laced MJ. Its more common than generally known. Any substance that alters the mind is wise to be aware of dangers of unknown consequences.
Does liberalism count as substance?

Harrier considers it to be mind altering, dangerous, and it ought to be on the controlled substance schedule.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Thank goodness I know where mine comes from. At any rate, ever hear of slipping someone a "Mickey!" People have been known to slip something in an unsuspecting person's drink too, which is dangerous as well, and can have terrible consequences. If I'm out, or at a social function I always will take my beer with me.
Slipping Mickey's was Jeffrey Dahmer' m.o.

Not always the alcohol that kills ya - need to watch out for those tricky serial killers.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:25 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Not here in USA - we use ounces and pounds.

Real measurements - not that European nonsense.
Yep, those people who don't even believe in the metric system are real edumacated

Old 06-05-2014, 06:28 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
People need to be aware of the dangers of alcohol. No one has ever smoked pot until they died.

Father drank himself to death - national | Stuff.co.nz
Crap happens. You are responsible for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies