Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 12:50 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The baker certainly will not have to have couseling for refusing to bake a cake for gays in that Province, would he? Send your link to the baker so he can consider moving there.
No, not there but where he lives, yes. You didn't answer my question either.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, not there but where he lives, yes. You didn't answer my question either.
This question:
Quote:
What do you say we do if the baker goes back to making wedding cakes to only those he wants to?

I would say he is hiding behind his religion to discriminate.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:54 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,552 times
Quote:
Christians who used the Bible to support the American system of slavery

Christians who used the Bible to deny women the right to vote

Christians who used the Bible to condemn interracial marriage

Would Jesus Discriminate? - History Lessons
Christians also used The Bible to fight against Slavery. The abolitionist movement was born in Churches.

Christians also used The Bible to help women get the right to vote.

Christians also used The Bible to support interracial marriage.

The Abolitionists - Christian History & Biography - ChristianityTodayLibrary.com

How has Christianity helped the development of human rights?

The Gospel of Interracial Marriage | Her.meneutics | Christianitytoday.com

But nice try...

Old 06-08-2014, 12:56 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
Christians also used The Bible to fight against Slavery. The abolitionist movement was born in Churches.

Christians also used The Bible to help women get the right to vote.

Christians also used The Bible to support interracial marriage.

The Abolitionists - Christian History & Biography - ChristianityTodayLibrary.com

How has Christianity helped the development of human rights?

The Gospel of Interracial Marriage | Her.meneutics | Christianitytoday.com

But nice try...

Then let Christians use the bible to support gay marriage also.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:57 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
gay marriage is literally the least important issue of the last 48,000 years. fruits begging for permission to bang who they want? christ. how pathetically insecure.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:57 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
This question:

I would say he is hiding behind his religion to discriminate.
And that's that? I would agree, but that's the end of story if he decides to make cake for others?

Old 06-08-2014, 01:02 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
gay marriage is literally the least important issue of the last 48,000 years. fruits begging for permission to bang who they want? christ. how pathetically insecure.
They don't need your permission to 'bang who they want'. I'm pretty sure they bang each other with or without a marriage licence.
In any case, a guy who brags about banging only strippers and hookers is complaining about who other people bang.
Love it.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Gay marriage is strictly forbidden in The Bible, just like murder and adultery and theft. Gay marriage is not a civil rights issue, legal benefits are, but not marriage it's self as marriage is not a right, beyond the definition.

A right is universal, it is God given and a Natural Birthright, Free Speech is a Right, Bearing arms is a Right, a Man wanting to marry another Man is no more of a right than a Man wanting to marry multiple women, The State can deny both and it does in most states for the former and all states for the latter. "Marriage is a Right"? I don't think so.

Hence why I want the Government out of Marriage entirely, it would kill this whole issue and everyone would get what they want.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I also agree with this. When it comes to voting and issues, gay marriage is not even on my radar, it doesn't even make my "care list", the only thing that get's me upset a bit is when I read stories about gay activists bullying people like the one in this thread. Don't tread on me and I won't tread on you.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:05 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I also agree with this. When it comes to voting and issues, gay marriage is not even on my radar, it doesn't even make my "care list", the only thing that get's me upset a bit is when I read stories about gay activists bullying people like the one in this thread. Don't tread on me and I won't tread on you.
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies