Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 10:35 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Oh, but tell me where in the constitution it says that gays are protected!
//www.city-data.com/forum/35154379-post396.html

It does...OH, you WEREN'T being sarcastic?

Disregard.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:41 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Stop defending your bigotry against Christianity by equating racial discrimination with religious opposition to immorality.
You can believe whatever you want and justify it with whatever religious views/texts you want. But it doesn't matter that you use religion to descrimintate. Discrimination is discrimination. You don't get a free pass to discriminate just because you claim "it's my religion".

You claim bigotry against "Christianity". Sorry, but I don't buy it. My church has no issue with gay people, and plenty of other Christian churches do not demonize/discriminate against gay people. But don't act shocked when gay people don't accept your bigotry. I support your right to go to a church every Sunday that preaches that gay people are evil demons worthy of hell. But when you want to support discrimination against me or pass laws to limit my rights, then you've crossed the line.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:49 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Or maybe this baker should ask to see a marriage license and church membership papers prior to backing a wedding cake for heterosexual couples. Then he could make sure he wasn't supporting an Athiest marriage, or the marriage of a couple that goes to a church he doesn't agree with.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:50 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
what's next? hippies demanding barefoot service? here's what the baker should have done. he should have claimed that the gay couple came in and called him the dreaded "n word." nothing trumps that.
So a baker who is howling about his religious rights and biblical morality should lie and bear false witness?
Nah, there's nothing in the bible against that.
God loves liars and people who break the Commandments.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:50 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't believe in fictional people and the morals people apply to those fictional people. God didn't write the Constitution and God doesn't get to decide what we find moral and immoral because God is a fictional person created by man.
But this formerly prominent Republican would disagree with you. He says America forgets the Constitution was written by God. Surely, quite of few conservatives on here would quite strongly agree with him.

Tom DeLay: ‘Americans Forget the Constitution Was Written by God’ | Issue Hawk

Old 06-09-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
I disagree totally with your statement. It is racist to discriminate against someone because of their race. The baker refused to bake a gay wedding cake because it is against their religious convictions to support homosexual acts.
Should bakers have the right to refuse to bake a wedding cake for a white and black getting married?

Old 06-09-2014, 10:54 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Should bakers have the right to refuse to bake a wedding cake for a white and black getting married?
Yes.

Still not many would.

The color a business likes is green.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:54 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
You can believe whatever you want and justify it with whatever religious views/texts you want. But it doesn't matter that you use religion to descrimintate. Discrimination is discrimination. You don't get a free pass to discriminate just because you claim "it's my religion".

You claim bigotry against "Christianity". Sorry, but I don't buy it. My church has no issue with gay people, and plenty of other Christian churches do not demonize/discriminate against gay people. But don't act shocked when gay people don't accept your bigotry. I support your right to go to a church every Sunday that preaches that gay people are evil demons worthy of hell. But when you want to support discrimination against me or pass laws to limit my rights, then you've crossed the line.
"Having an issue" with gay people is very different than "having an issue" with gay marriage for those who object to it on religious grounds.
Did the baker refuse any and all services to gays or just wedding cakes?

Again, for the record, I have no personal issue against gays or gay marriage but I don't think it's the governments job to regulate religious views or marriage......ANY marriage.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:56 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
Update:

In spite of the attack by Gay Nazis, the owner of the bakery is experiencing massive sales increases as people flock to his story. He simply no longer bakes wedding cakes.

Son of Chick Fil A!!!
Hell yes!!
I'm suddenly in need of a baker...
Have quite a few weddings coming up as well
I wonder if he ships.....
Ah, whatever- I know people in Colorado-
I'll haveta make sure they only use him from now on
Business will be boomin' for him---
Backlash backfired

Old 06-09-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
You are quite misinformed. There is no major religion in the world that accepts homosexual activity. Any group that accepts homosexual acts is not Christian, not matter what they call themselves. Immoral by whose standards? God Almighty.
Then in that case, shouldn't all Christian bakers first ask new customers if they are homosexuals before doing business with them in order not to displease God Almighty, especially since homosexuality seems to, by far, rank at or near the top as one of the worse sins that upset God and His believers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies