Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 04:27 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,825,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Right because otherwise terrorists, taliban or al aqaeda would never take Americans hostage. Like Americans are not already kidnapped every day all over the mideast and some third world countries. Like we should believe anything a Taliban member tells the American media.
Difference is .. Now they know they will get paid!

Not a problem for you?

Old 06-05-2014, 04:27 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,646,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
For endangering the lives of all Americans. What a brave and wise man we have in the WH.

Bowe Bergdahl: Taliban Captors Speak to TIME - TIME
Was it a good trade? Maybe not.

But I'm glad it happened because at least now there is talk and negotiation between America and these Arabs who want to kill us.

In 40 years or less technology will allow educated regular people to make biological weapons at home. And I don't want an Arab coming to America and releasing a biological weapon that kills 50 million American people.

Perhaps your correct and these actions will cause a few people to get kidnapped, but that's better than another Sept 11 or a biological weapons attack on America.

At some point we must talk to and negotiate with these Arabs, and I'm glad Obama took the first step in communicating with these people.

Chad.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:29 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,033,586 times
The guy walked off base by accounts. He wasn't kidnapped.

Old 06-05-2014, 04:33 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,218,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
January 11, 2013

"We have come close to our goal of dismantling the Taliban" - Barrack Hussein Obama
Actually, the Taliban was dismantled for a while after 9/11. But with all the US focus on Iraq, they were able to come back full force by 2006. If we had not taken our eye off the real ball, they'd be gone.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...0801614_2.html

Old 06-05-2014, 04:36 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,598,675 times
So.... what was the reason for kidnapping this guy?

Old 06-05-2014, 04:48 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,825,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
So.... what was the reason for kidnapping this guy?
Uh ... Five Taliban captains?

Old 06-05-2014, 04:49 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,671,868 times
I'm a conservative and I am glad Bergdahl is coming home. I can not even pretend to understand what anyone who goes into battle goes through or does. Who knows if he cracked, who knows what any of us would do. When he comes home he will be investigated (maybe). I will not automatically buy into any reports until I've heard more no matter how much I dislike Obama.

I just wish Obama could have been done it differently. Now I fear that other Americans will be taken hostage.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,411,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm a conservative and I am glad Bergdahl is coming home. I can not even pretend to understand what anyone who goes into battle goes through or does. Who knows if he cracked, who knows what any of us would do. When he comes home he will be investigated (maybe). I will not automatically buy into any reports until I've heard more no matter how much I dislike Obama.

I just wish Obama could have been done it differently. Now I fear that other Americans will be taken

hostage.

I stated in one post yesterday. I need to reserve judgement on this one. Even though friends of ours from both party's are upset about this move.

The only thing I do not understand, is I cannot see why so many people from different backgrounds, would say the same story about Bergdahl over and over again. Same story different person, that he deserted and other things.

If he is not a deserter great. If the facts turn out to support what others have been saying for some time now, not just recently. Shame on all of us. Then we went to bat for a deserter and many lost their lives looking for him.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:34 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,003,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

He's actually little more than a f**king moron.

If Obama actually DID have half a brain, he would have taken a lesson from J. Paul Getty about negotiating with "terrorists".
Unfortunately in this case, I think Obama is pretty smart. He knew the law he was signing was
unconstitutional. There is no way he will be impeached for not giving Congress 30 days notice
and he, as Commander in Chief can release any detainee any time he chooses.

It surprises me that folks didn't realize what this country was getting into, going into these countries
for a decade and more. We have created our own mess.

You can blame the idiot in the WH now, but he is smart enough to know the laws written by that
idiotic Congress is on his side. Same went for Bush.

I really think the real people to blame is us, the American people for allowing these higher ups to
all get away with what they have, and are doing, with our money, and the lives of our volunteer military.
And contorting the Constitution legally to say they can.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:41 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,692,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Right because otherwise terrorists, taliban or al aqaeda would never take Americans hostage. Like Americans are not already kidnapped every day all over the mideast and some third world countries.

Hmmmm..... is that why they only had ONE.... and now have NONE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.