Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 07:05 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
What did the law say? Congress needed to be consulted before releasing prisoners. They consulted some in 2013, more in 2012 and 2011.

That beats 30 days.

So this whole "he broke the law" is an opinion, not a legal fact.

Should he have released the prisoners? For a soldier, despite his past? Time will tell and I with hold judgement until I know all of the facts.

The left didn't win. Reagan was a big government guy, so was Bush 1 and 2, and of course Clinton was. Now Barrack Obama is, but not as far left as many in his party would like.

Its Washington politicians that have failed this country, not left or right.

But we aren't failed as a nation.
No, the law says that Congress needs to be notified 30 days in advance of any deals.
That is the law.
Obama signed it and included a signing statement that he didn't agree with the 30 day notification and would not follow it.

Your spin on this means you didn't know about the signing statement from Obama.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Default gloom and doom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
a recent Fox poll came out that almost 50% of respondents approved of Obama breaking the law bypassing congress to release Bergdahl. What that tells me we've lost the country. Basically Obama has made the country so dependent on government handouts that americans just don't care what he does.

The real news story is not the Bergdahl release---It's "WE'VE LOST THE COUNTRY"

As michelle would say "I'm ashamed of my country"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...s-health-care/

Seems you want your country back.

But won't support the troops.

Carry on.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:13 AM

3,830 posts, read 4,661,934 times
Don't let the door kick you in the ass on the way out.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:15 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Don't let the door kick you in the ass on the way out.
And just who are you to decide who stays and who goes????

Old 06-06-2014, 07:16 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,574,700 times
If things keep on going the way they are, it's possible you could end up like, Oh my goodness.... CANADA!!!!!

Old 06-06-2014, 07:16 AM

597 posts, read 1,442,863 times
Quote:
a recent Fox poll came out that almost 50% of respondents approved of Obama breaking the law bypassing congress to release Bergdahl. What that tells me we've lost the country. Basically Obama has made the country so dependent on government handouts that americans just don't care what he does.

Well, 47% are getting handouts then we have the union,etc. We have a country of low information voters and parasites.

Also, you should know that Citi-data and AOL, print media, etc. are all liberals. If anyone posts anything conservative or patriotic they will be attacked, ridiculed,etc. A story comes out about this deserter and EVER SINGLE post is supporting him and attacking Republicans for this. Really? Not one person is supporting the fact that the law was broken? Everyone really thinks that the soldiers that came out to talk about this are all liars? Well, according to AOL....every posters thinks so. Hmmm?

I bow my head in respect for the Vets and thank them but other than them, I am also ashamed of my country.

Pride and drive is gone. Why work? Why be successful? Why be patriotic? Why have an opinion? If you do not agree with them, you will be attacked and shut down.

So Gretsky, I do agree with you.....now watch as the attacks on me begin.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:18 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,675,329 times
Quote:

I think they polled the average person who was not well informed, if at all, concerning this story. If all they heard was that Obama negotiated the release of a captured US soldier, they might approve of it.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:18 AM

I think the tipping point was 2008 and the 2008 elections showed that.
Too many people are dependent on the government now for one program or the other.
They are convinced that Republicans only represent the monied people and will end the social welfare programs.
So they will vote Dem no matter what.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
If things keep on going the way they are, it's possible you could end up like, Oh my goodness.... CANADA!!!!!
I don't think so. Many of our higher paying white collar jobs have been off shored.
Service jobs don't tend to pay high salaries.
Lower paying jobs means lower revenue to the government.
And how can the government provide all these services if they don't have the money ?

Old 06-06-2014, 07:22 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
We can only hope.

OP, it would appear that the majority of those polled actually understand the principle of not leaving someone behind. Empathy is not dead in this country.
It's a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies