Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 08:09 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Stay deluded. If your son and his bros are so damn scared they should get into another line of work. Maybe something where they are actually helping people! I don't shed a tear when one of these punk thug cowards gets what they deserve! Whine somewhere else!
who is whining, and who is so scared???????
Talk about delusional....

I'm not asking you to shed a tear...

I've know a whole lot of cops way before my son became one....
and they were fine....upstanding citizens.....

if you hate cops so much, and name call like a little child, you've obviously had a run in with them.

And by the way, no one is whining.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 08:10 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Work with cops every day.

They have to put up with a lot of crap, a lot of disrespect, and a lot of hazardous situations.

However, they do tend to escalate too fast.

I see nothing wrong with the video.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:24 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,978 times
People have to earn respect. Not demand it at gunpoint. I'm an old geezer. I retired from the USAF. I've been in combat like many here. I've been in the jungle alone after my plane was shot out from under me. But I didn't lose my humanity. I didn't become a bully. Cops back in the day were respected because they deserved respect. Now they are feared. People that call 911 are just asking for gunplay from some scared cop who sees everybody as the enemy. If you have a dog, please don't call the cops! While mailmen and all types of service people deal with dogs all the time without having to shoot them, cops just kill them. Necessary or not, the dog dies. Cops have body armor and are armed to the teeth and create the situations that scare them. They need to be in another line of work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Work with cops every day.

They have to put up with a lot of crap, a lot of disrespect, and a lot of hazardous situations.

However, they do tend to escalate too fast.

I see nothing wrong with the video.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
People have to earn respect. Not demand it at gunpoint. I'm an old geezer. I retired from the USAF. I've been in combat like many here. I've been in the jungle alone after my plane was shot out from under me. But I didn't lose my humanity. I didn't become a bully. Cops back in the day were respected because they deserved respect. Now they are feared. People that call 911 are just asking for gunplay from some scared cop who sees everybody as the enemy. If you have a dog, please don't call the cops! While mailmen and all types of service people deal with dogs all the time without having to shoot them, cops just kill them. Necessary or not, the dog dies. Cops have body armor and are armed to the teeth and create the situations that scare them. They need to be in another line of work!
My son is a cop, he served in the USAF as well, and he is not a loose cannon by far, actually if you want to know the truth, I wish I were more like him....so laid back and easy going. He's been hurt twice by criminals....and he has this uncanny abililty to view both sides of the story....I've met a few of his friends, they are very nice, extremely laid back...and cops that were friends of the family when I was a kid to the cop that inspired my son to become a police officer who also served in the USAF.

I'm sorry, but not all cops are as you say....a whole lot of them are good cops. My son does not see everyone as the enemy...but I'm starting to....after posting in here for so many years, I've had the opportunity to meet so many disgruntled angry and delusional people...who live just to come into these forums and attack cops and everyone else who disagrees with them.

Is it any wonder our country is in the shape it's in. Times are different, society IS angry, and human beings are our own worst enemies.

But I do agree, people do have to earn respect.

and they do put up with a whole lot of crap, so much more then even makes the papers or the news....I don't believe people realize exactly what goes on in their own communities as far as crime.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 06-06-2014 at 09:05 AM..

Old 06-06-2014, 08:59 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,268 times
Video is not a real situation. It's a training video.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Video is not a real situation. It's a training video.
I didn't know that, thank you, someone sent it to me....and honestly thought it was real, but a very good example about perception and how every person view things differently.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:08 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I didn't know that, thank you, someone sent it to me....and honestly thought it was real, but a very good example about perception and how every person view things differently.
That's exactly the reason its a good training video for LE. LE people watch things like this all the time, along with the real things, so that they can make better decisions. But, they're still people and bound to do stupid people things sometimes.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
That's exactly the reason its a good training video for LE. LE people watch things like this all the time, along with the real things, so that they can make better decisions. But, they're still people and bound to do stupid people things sometimes.
yanno, it is very sad that more people do not have the same mentality that you do....that is exactly right....

Thank you!

as I said before, being a cop is a thankless job...where would we be without them....and what is worse and very upsetting is, how utterly angry at them people are? Why, b/c most of thos angry people have had a run in with them.....so they label all cops as bad, not true!

Old 06-06-2014, 09:19 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
well, you are entitled to your opinion....however, in my experience, police officers have always been professional and good cops....served in the military, and are on the up and up.

I'm not arguing the fact that there are some bad ones, but those who label all cops as being bad, I would automatically assume they have broken the law, and had a run in with a cop.

There was a guy boasting in another forum about how awful and corrupt police officers were, and as he continued to spew out his vile, he admitted that he got stopped for not wearing his seat belt and got fined 2 days pay. So the jerck hates cops, b/c he broke the law and had to pay a fine....

Well, guess what, no one is above the law, and you break the law, you might get caught....laws do not always seem fair, but they are there for a reason....

We all break laws today, even speeding, but we all think, that's ok. Can you for one moment in time, consider what this world would be like if we all obeyed the laws? My gosh, what a good world this would be....but unfortunately society, is living in this entitled world, feeling that they are beyond the laws....and can break them any time they want.

If an officer tells you to stay in your car, you do it.
If an officer tells you to put the gun down, You do it.

And I'm glad police have military training, they need it. Unfortunately American's live in the protective plastic bubble they all call life, away from the real world, and do not have a clue what really goes on out there....it is really dangerous and ugly out there....and in my book police officers are heros right along with Veterns....and both do not nearly get paid enough for the jobs they do....

A Thankless Career!
Yes we need cops. Yes there are good and bad cops. I have met both kinds. As with anything thebad ones get the press. I agree the cop training now days is US against them Attitude.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:13 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
yes, so did I, but talk about perception, until he fell, I saw him placing his gun on the ground and throught, What the heck...but the 3rd time I watched it, I saw the gun, fall on the ground when he was shot....

Anyway, when a cop tells you to do something, you'd better do it, cuz in this day and age, we have no idea what they have to contend with....and what is worse, a whole lot of cops get killed in traffic stops, by people not slowing down.
It was a righteous shoot. When I heard the other cop yell gun, I saw the handgun right off. If it could be seen so easily on this vid, from where the cop was standing it would have been big as life. The perp was an obvious and plain threat, I would have shot him too. These are not the types of incidents that tick folks off though. Its the "on the stack" no knocks that see 80 yo ladies shot 50 times that do that. Getting drug out of your car , tossed over the hood and cuffed on a traffic stop after TELLING the officer he will find CCW on your DL and that you are NOT carrying at the moment. Yes, had that happen.

In the same light, I have had cops praise me having a permit, so, its an individual thing. The cops who took my ladies statement at the hospital after she was attacked were great. Two men and one woman, and they handled her obvious distress very well. Mine too. These were good officers. Veterans on the street. They didn't push her, they were patient and empathetic. And, most of all, showed her genuine concern. She was completely distraught and needed sedation. And she needed me. They let .e stay with her while they worked with her. Initially, they wanted me to go, but she freaked so I was allowed to stay.

I've had experiences both ways. I don't like much about the "new breed" of battlefield cops. I wonder if the ones that came to the hospital that night had been some young, hard nosed procedure junkies, how things might have gone. It would have been ugly if they had insisted on separating us. But they didn't. These were seasoned and people skilled officers. Need more like them. These are the skills cops need, more than skill and will with lethal force. They comforted her, did their level best to do their jobs and be considerate of her, of us, without being authoritative , they had done this type of thing before, and it showed. My sincere hope is that they pass this on to the "new breed". These are the types of officers that need to be training rooks. Not ex MARINE DIs with 6 combat tours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies