Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 11:53 AM

29,452 posts, read 16,443,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
You should provide proof of such claims then. There was no source to your statement.

And yeah, unemployment has been falling. At the slowest, most pathetic pace our country has ever seen. President Obama's name will be stamped on the worst streak of unemployment this country has experienced ever since unemployment data has been collected.
Demographics (CPS)

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

The Irony of the first bold is mindblowing.

THe second bold is just untrue.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

that link allows you to see unemployment rate by month, it has obviously fallen slower before.

You are just throwing crap out there and hoping it sticks. Why even have this internet persona of a Liberal ? Why lie like that instead of just being who you are ? A Republican who doesnt like the President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 11:54 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,319,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
What is the trend line of the U6 unemployment. It shows an improving situation. It is now better than it was at the start of 2009 when it was rapidly increasing. Its fine if you what to focus on the U6 number, but you can't compare it against earlier U3 numbers.
Well you have to use the U4 and U5 rates when comparing unemployment today to pre-1994 unemployment. Discouraged and marginalized workers used to be counted in the official rate. Clinton changed that though to make his low unemployment rate shine just a little bit more.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:56 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,319,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Demographics (CPS)

The Irony of the first bold is mindblowing.

THe second bold is just untrue.

that link allows you to see unemployment rate by month, it has obviously fallen slower before.

You are just throwing crap out there and hoping it sticks. Why even have this internet persona of a Liberal ? Why lie like that instead of just being who you are ? A Republican who doesnt like the President.
I am actually a gay guy who has long been a supporter of universal healthcare. On basically every social issue I am very liberal. But I won't give Obama a pass on this. He has precided over the worst economy this country has seen in at least post WWII times. He needs to be recognized and held accountable for that, as do the Tea Party that have done so much to make Americans suffer.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:56 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,834,826 times
Quote:
LFPR didn't just decline under Obama. It went into a free falling collapse. It only slightly fell during Bush's years.

If Obama didn't have boomers retiring and young people giving up on finding a job our unemployment rate would still be who knows how high.
The downward pressure on the LFPR will be increasing for while. We are just at the beginning of the Baby Boomer generation.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
What is the trend line of the U6 unemployment. It shows an improving situation. It is now better than it was at the start of 2009 when it was rapidly increasing. Its fine if you what to focus on the U6 number, but you can't compare it against earlier U3 numbers.
That is the problem with him and every republican/right winger on this site.

The attack the President for U6 while comparing it to U3 from 6 years ago.

You either compare Current U6/U3 to past U6/U3. Mixing and matching is just distorting the argument.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:03 PM

12,268 posts, read 6,440,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
How many of those 40 hour a week jobs, with bennies?
Guessing about 1%.
Thanks Ovomit!
Uh oh! Mom`s out shopping and the child`s playing with the computer again.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I am actually a gay guy who has long been a supporter of universal healthcare. On basically every social issue I am very liberal. But I won't give Obama a pass on this. He has precided over the worst economy this country has seen in at least post WWII times. He needs to be recognized and held accountable for that, as do the Tea Party that have done so much to make Americans suffer.
The problem with your argument is presided is not the same as where the blame should be placed. Every argument you have put forth as to him has been proven wrong. I even provided you with links to back up each of my argument (even though you have provided none for your own other than the one that contradicted you).

You blame President Obama for participation rate, but it has been falling since April 2000.
You attack him for U6, even thought it has been dropping since 2010. Dropped 5 full percentage points in that time infarct. The gap between U6 and U3 has even dropped. it was at 7, now it is down to 5.9.

You even blamed him for the effects of the recession, a recession that started a year before he took office.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:17 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,513,301 times
The lies of the left continue to be humorous and sad all rolled into one. Thinking people know the OP's stats are lies feed to the dull witted by their nanny government leaders.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:22 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,834,826 times
Quote:
I'm still amazed that the economy is not a lot worse. In late 2008, early 2009 I think there was a possibility that the U.S would sink into a deep depression. If you recall significant investment banks were going under, many of the largest banks were on shaky grounds, GM (a significant employer) was bankrupt, AIG (leading insurer) was on the ropes, major trading partner's economies also on the ropes, the middle class had just lost trillions of dollars of wealth and jobs losses were accelerating.

There is just no way the U.S was going to recover quickly from all of that. One can debate Obama's role in the recovery, however it should not be surprising that this has been a long recovery.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:33 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,386,595 times
Quote:
What positive growth rate? That information isn't released for months. My bets are on it being low, maybe even negative again. We are now reaching the cyclical stage where our economy goes back into recession. And there were so many industries that weren't able to be corrected by market forces after the last recession because the government shoved its hands into all sectors of the economy. They are gonna have to get fixed at some point.
You'd lose a lot of money on that one. There are many signs that point to an economic downturn, four months of +200k job growth is not one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The GDP figures that were just released.
But if the government didn't change the way they calculate GDP last July we would have been in negative territory these last 2 quarters which would have been an official recession.

Good thing the government changed their equation last July..we "averted" another recession
This claim is complete BS--GDP growth rate was 2.6% in Q4 2013. There's no way it would be in negative territory under the old method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The lies of the left continue to be humorous and sad all rolled into one. Thinking people know the OP's stats are lies feed to the dull witted by their nanny government leaders.
Typical weak counter-argument from a right-winger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies