Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 07:02 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,990 times

Advertisements

What a difference compared to the slack jawed, limp wristed narcassist in the White House today.

Ronald Reagan We Are Americans - YouTube

Old 06-06-2014, 07:40 AM

741 posts, read 764,096 times
Reagan was an actor, always acting. Maybe you didn't understand that ... or the difference between him ... and others who've held the office. History will not treat Reagan kindly, I believe.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:45 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Reagan was an actor, always acting. Maybe you didn't understand that ... or the difference between him ... and others who've held the office. History will not treat Reagan kindly, I believe.
No president, since Kennedy, had better script writers than Reagan. He pandered to the sense of US entitlement and the masses ate it up.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:50 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
And Obama is a LIAR and a D grade actor that only Liberals seem to believe.

History has and will treat Reagan miles above Obama's DISMAL failures and ineptitude.

The only thing that will take years to do is to fix all the damage and poor standing Obama will leave as his legacy of FAILURE.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:02 AM

29,470 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Read something someone posted the other day. I can't find it or I would copy paste it. It really made sense. Here is the gist of it. Reagan was a flawed president, just like many others before him and many after him. But the one thing that was genuine was his love for our country. He was a patriot and respected the flag and what it stood for. He respected our military and what it stood for. And he and his wife just projected class. We have none of that now.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:05 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
As a matter of fact historians are already appraising Reagan's presidency with skepticism and disdain. We mustn't forget that his "trickle-down theory" of economics was a total and complete flop that future presidents had to deal with; the disaster of so many of our brave American marines that lost their lives in Beirut, Lebanon; the complete and utter failure of dealing with the AIDS epidemic that took the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans while other countries were taking bold steps and leading the way to combat that menace ...

Oh, I could go on and on.

The divorced movie actor Ronnie "Ray-gun" was, in reality, a terrible president ... no matter how nice his "sound bites" were. Obama's legacy will shine brighter.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:07 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,626 times
Reagan and his allies divided the nation and made it what it is today: a class warfare-ridden poverty factory and a plutocracy. There is no 'we' any more.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:09 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
As a matter of fact historians are already appraising Reagan's presidency with skepticism and disdain. We mustn't forget that his "trickle-down theory" of economics was a total and complete flop that future presidents had to deal with; the disaster of so many of our brave American marines that lost their lives in Beirut, Lebanon; the complete and utter failure of dealing with the AIDS epidemic that took the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans while other countries were taking bold steps and leading the way to combat that menace ...

Oh, I could go on and on.

The divorced movie actor Ronnie "Ray-gun" was, in reality, a terrible president ... no matter how nice his "sound bites" were. Obama's legacy will shine brighter.

Obama saved the nation, there's no doubt, and will be remembered as a saviour. Reagan was a destroyer.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:15 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No president, since Kennedy, had better script writers than Reagan. He pandered to the sense of US entitlement and the masses ate it up.
Exactly.

Reagan has his plus points, but the man also was responsible for various issues. He got the ball really rolling on cranking up government spending - which is hilarious given how many Tea Nuts are enraged about the deficit and yet consider Reagan a saint. He also implemented "trickle down economics," which has proven to be a long-term disaster, despite it working well in the short-run. Finally, he's responsible for busting unions and closing down a lot of mental health institutions, which has resulted in a sharp rise in homelessness. The guy was no saint, despite his defeat of the Soviet Union.

As for the video, so what? Reagan was an actor, and it is utterly laughable that this old propaganda piece is being held up as some sort of "proof" of how "bad" Obama is. The stupid part is that if Obama's people commissioned a similar piece, complete with modern special effects, the haters would then throw a whiny fit about that, complaining that he's "faking being a REAL man?!"

We get it - the Tea Nuts and their ilk hate Obama for a variety of insane and made up reasons, and they feel far happier with a "real man" in office who can bench press a car and who starts wars at the drop of a hat... because that's what America really needs today...

Perhaps President Camacho would be more to their liking?

Idiocracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1bn7cIsJCQ

After all, he's "manly," and that seems to be what the knuckle-draggers care about...

Old 06-06-2014, 08:19 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Obama saved the nation, there's no doubt, and will be remembered as a saviour. Reagan was a destroyer.

That seems extreme on both sides.

I did not vote for President Reagan, but I thought he did a pretty good job, overall. I did vote for President Obama, but I think he will be considered, again, a 'pretty good' president when all is said and done.

President Reagan did work better with the Democrats, while the current Republicans have been pretty resistent to compromise with President Obama. Yet, I also hold President Obama responsible, to a certain extent, for not being able to 'charm' the opposition, which President Reagan sometimes could (or, rather, President Reagan was very good at appealing to the American people to pressure Congress, while President Obama seems to think that logic should be enough).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies