Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 11:01 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,243,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
That is already illegal
Still it happens all the time. Some guys need extra reminding.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 11:01 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,262,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Another case of Democrats invading everyone's bedroom and trying to control people's sex lives. What else is new?
You must have missed post #12. What else is new?

Quote:

Oh, you mean like Republican Virginia bill banning oral sex between
consenting adults? Kind of like that?

Ken Cuccinelli, the Republican candidate for
governor in Virginia, wants to ban oral sex.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:02 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,174,699 times
this is where were headed LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k80UQWWUIYs

Old 06-06-2014, 11:09 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,942,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
there have been times that a woman and I were lost in our passions and not one word was ever spoken. That kind of sex....well it's the best sex quite frankly, most people have had similar experiences and it is consensual.
Now if ever there was a Hollywood trope that influenced young men...

Last edited by Mr. Mon; 06-06-2014 at 11:21 AM..

Old 06-06-2014, 11:13 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,174,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Well, let me know when a male college student wakes up from a drunken stupor to find a woman having sex with him.

Happens all the time to female college students. That's what this is about. I'll be interested to read your examples of this for males.
That's not what this is all about. That would be rape, not heat of the moment sex. Your comparison is nonsense.

I consider myself to be pretty progressive minded, but this is just a bunch of nanny state BS that will only victimize young men in an already biased legal system.

So now guys get in trouble with the law if they don't have a sit down and have a talk about planed sex, but they'll still get nagged at for not being romantic by wanting planned sex after they get married.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWHMb3JxmE

Old 06-06-2014, 11:20 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,243,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
That's not what this is all about. That would be rape, not heat of the moment sex. Your comparison is nonsense.

I consider myself to be pretty progressive minded, but this is just a bunch of nanny state BS that will only victimize young men in an already biased legal system.

So now guys get in trouble with the law if they don't have a sit down and have a talk about planed sex, but they'll still get nagged at for not being romantic by wanting planned sex after they get married.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWHMb3JxmE
That is, in fact, what it's all about.

College students have been getting away with rape for decades under the pretense that some girl at the frat party drank too much and just "forgot" that she consented.

This is a well-know problem and has nothing to too with poor widdle mens being persecuted unfairly. I suggest you do some reading on the subject. And no, The Simpsons doesn't count.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:50 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,415,171 times
Pathetic excuse for journalism. Their source is another second-hand source and neither references the actual language of the bill.

Just more sensationalist media garbage. If you got mad at this, you got played.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:55 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,744,781 times
Breitbart lies, and someone gullible believes it. Just another day...

The media slams a bill for banning foreplay on college campuses — except everything they’re writing is a lie - Salon.com

Quote:
A California bill “might ban foreplay” and brand “most people, and most happily-married couples, as rapists,” according to an article by attorney Hans Bader, which bears the screaming headline, “California Seeks to Redefine Consensual Campus Sex as Rape.” Similarly, Dennis Romero riffs on the bill for the Los Angeles Weekly: “You’re in the heat of the moment, rounding third, but then you must stop and ask, Can I have your verbal or written consent to have sex with you?” He continues, “No more making sexy faces and sounds for you. You’ve got to verbalize. Or get it on paper.”

My god, what is this awful bill, you might ask? It’s SB-967 – and it doesn’t do any of what those writers claim it does.

Old 06-06-2014, 12:02 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,652,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Pathetic excuse for journalism. Their source is another second-hand source and neither references the actual language of the bill.

Just more sensationalist media garbage. If you got mad at this, you got played.
But isn't that why people visit sites like Breitbart and Drudge? Simply for the purposes of getting mad at something?

Old 06-06-2014, 12:14 PM

14,366 posts, read 9,744,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Yes, Republicans, please come out fully against this bill and continue your successful outreach to women voters.
Are you actually saying that this is a women's issue only?

“Obviously, there is a problem,” he said in the report. “SB 967 will change the equation so the system is not stacked against survivors by establishing an affirmative consent policy to make it clear that only ‘yes’ means ‘yes.’”

According to the language of the bill, “consent must be ongoing throughout a sexual encounter, and can be revoked at any time. The existence of a dating relationship between the persons involved, or the fact of past sexual relations between them, should never by itself be assumed to be an indicator of consent.”

So basically students will need to carry a contract checklist, and at every step of a sexual encounter both parties will need to sign off. This is just another bill created by lawyers to further line their pockets.

If you do not think this is overreaching by politicians, with way too much free time on their hands, I have a bullet train to sell you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies