Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 09:59 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,019,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
The difference is 'Ages ago' is not today.....
Radical muslims still live in the dark ages, slaughtering innocent people in the name of allah and mohammed. They're crazy murderers and should be exterminated.
Lol... thanks for missing the point entirely.

People are condemning entire religions based upon the actions of extremists while pretending that *their* religion has always been the "right one" and "peaceful." And that is complete BS.

Nobody here is supporting extremists - of any religion - and when it comes to "extermination," I'm morbidly curious how you intend to do that? Is this another "nuke the Middle East and kill them all" proposal? Because that sure wouldn't be in line with Christianity - or Islam...

Old 06-06-2014, 10:01 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,039,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
But it doesn't answer the question as to why liberals attack Christianity but are to cowardly to do so with Islam.
I think all muslims have some deep seated radicalism in them. Just because you do not see any of this violence in America doesn't mean they do no want to do it.
"Liberals" (I use quotes because real Liberals are supposed to be tolerant of other's beliefs) attack Christianity and tend to ignore and even defend the actions of radical Muslims because we as Christians are the majority of this country, and quite frankly they know we will "turn the other cheek" so to speak, we are taught to love our enemies, in Islam there is no such concept.

It reminds me of the attacks on Christian business owners that liberals often perpetrate, like trying to shut down a bakery because the owner won't bake a cake for a gay wedding as it violates his faith. They would never try this with a Muslim owned bakery, I can guarantee you that, the Muslims would NOT take it lying down. However if such an event ever takes place (and I hope that it does) it would put Liberals in a tough spot as they try to cater to both gays and Muslims, which is impossible as it's like putting a cat in a room with a baby bird and wanting them to play nice. That cat is going to eat that bird, sorry.

I do not believe your last statement. I know a few Muslims and they are not radical at all, two of them are girls and they do not wear the Berka (or however it's spelt), they even drink beer. It depends on the branch of Islam.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:02 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,076,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
It reminds me of the attacks on Christian business owners that liberals often perpetrate, like trying to shut down a bakery because the owner won't bake a cake for a gay wedding as it violates his faith. They would never try this with a Muslim owned bakery, I can guarantee you that
I can guarantee you they would.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:03 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,947,502 times
Question. Did you approve of our actions in Bosnia without UN Support, allying with Islamist against the Christians there, bombing cities and and killing innocent civilians?

This is not a partisan question either, so don't bring left blah blah blah right blah blah.

Do you support our country going into Bosnia like we did?

The purpose for the question is to see who is sticking with the status quo
Re:war on terror and if you supported Nato in Bosnia it tells me all I need to know.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:08 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,019,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Question. Did you approve of our actions in Bosnia without UN Support, allying with Islamist against the Christians there, bombing cities and and killing innocent civilians?

This is not a partisan question either, so don't bring left blah blah blah right blah blah.

Do you support our country going into Bosnia like we did?

The purpose for the question is to see who is sticking with the status quo
Re:war on terror and if you supported Nato in Bosnia it tells me all I need to know.
I think our nation should mind it's own business and stop sticking it's nose into every civil war out there, regardless of religion. If somebody attacks us, sure - clobber them - but we cannot afford to be the world's policemen, and it seems half the time we do that, we just end up creating new enemies that come back and try to blow us up later. Genocide should be stopped when possible, but it is very telling when the US somehow gets stuck footing all of the costs every time - where's the UN in all this? That's right - sending sternly worded emails...

Old 06-06-2014, 10:14 AM

13,673 posts, read 8,978,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Lol...

And if YouTube existed during the Middle Ages, we could have posted countless videos of local barons and lords slaughtering their neighbors because "God" told them to do it. And, when they got bored of killing the Christians next door, they'd march on the Holy Land and slaughter Muslims in the name of Jesus, who was well known for loving war... apparently in some versions of the Bible...

Have you actually read the Old Testament? And have you given any thought to how easily one could use a literal interpretation of the old laws to create a crazy fundamentalist state with only minor differences between it and the worst of the Taliban?

I've been to Turkey, walked the streets of Istanbul, broken bread with Muslims, and been been in a few mosques. The average Muslim is no different than the average Christian, Jew, Buddhist, or whatever. Most of them are just trying to live a decent life. The problem is that lunatics have taken over the Middle East and weaponized their religion. ANY religion can be weaponized when tyrants take over and the common people are brain-washed and controlled. Again, this is no different than the endless wars that raged over Europe ages ago, neighbors killing neighbors, all in the name of "God" and "Christianity."

We should be looking to ways to bring light to the shadows in the Middle East, not ways to condemn their religion simply because evil people are warping it for their own sick purposes.

Very good posting. I also have been to Istanbul (three times) and each time thoroughly enjoyed meeting the people.

As Mark Twain wrote in Innocents Abroad:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Old 06-06-2014, 10:22 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,659,234 times
No Abrahamic religion is peaceful to modern mores if you take what's written in their scriptures literally. The only problem is that Muslims are more adherent to biblical doctrine than Christians are to theirs. Why? That's subject to debate.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:27 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,215,255 times
Quote:
After seeing videos of this and this happens all around the world in islamic countries and
places like England,
how can you conclude that Islam is a peaceful religion? Just because it doesn't happen here ( yet anyway )
in the USA does it mean anything.

And yet, Christianity it's open season on it.

warning! video is grizzly.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Never fails that someone plays the religion card while complaining about liberals.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:34 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,155,749 times
Quote:
After seeing videos of this and this happens all around the world in islamic countries and
places like England,
how can you conclude that Islam is a peaceful religion? Just because it doesn't happen here ( yet anyway )
in the USA does it mean anything.

And yet, Christianity it's open season on it.

warning! video is grizzly.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Why are you singling out Islam? You should condemn Christianity as well lest you lose all credibility.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:35 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times
in every thing, not just religion, there are those that go far and away overboard to the point of radicalization. these people then distort the meanings of laws, and statements, and commit acts of violence to try and force the populace to comply with their way of thinking. in the end however its not about religion, or anything else, its about control of the people and the power these people think they can gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.