Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 09:44 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times

Advertisements

After seeing videos of this and this happens all around the world in islamic countries and
places like England,
how can you conclude that Islam is a peaceful religion? Just because it doesn't happen here ( yet anyway )
in the USA does it mean anything.

And yet, Christianity it's open season on it.

warning! video is grizzly.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Old 06-06-2014, 09:46 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,037 times
I'm not a liberal, but the average Muslim is not a threat, it's only radical Muslims who are. Radical Christian's, Radical Jews, Radical Atheists, pretty much Radical Anything can be just as dangerous as Radical Muslims.

I respect the freedoms of all religions, even the one's I disagree with.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:48 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
But it doesn't answer the question as to why liberals attack Christianity but are to cowardly to do so with Islam.
I think all muslims have some deep seated radicalism in them. Just because you do not see any of this violence in America doesn't mean they do no want to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
I'm not a liberal, but the average Muslim is not a threat, it's only radical Muslims who are. Radical Christian's, Radical Jews, Radical Atheists, pretty much Radical Anything can be just as dangerous as Radical Muslims.

I respect the freedoms of all religions, even the one's I disagree with.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:50 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
Lol...

And if YouTube existed during the Middle Ages, we could have posted countless videos of local barons and lords slaughtering their neighbors because "God" told them to do it. And, when they got bored of killing the Christians next door, they'd march on the Holy Land and slaughter Muslims in the name of Jesus, who was well known for loving war... apparently in some versions of the Bible...

Have you actually read the Old Testament? And have you given any thought to how easily one could use a literal interpretation of the old laws to create a crazy fundamentalist state with only minor differences between it and the worst of the Taliban?

I've been to Turkey, walked the streets of Istanbul, broken bread with Muslims, and been been in a few mosques. The average Muslim is no different than the average Christian, Jew, Buddhist, or whatever. Most of them are just trying to live a decent life. The problem is that lunatics have taken over the Middle East and weaponized their religion. ANY religion can be weaponized when tyrants take over and the common people are brain-washed and controlled. Again, this is no different than the endless wars that raged over Europe ages ago, neighbors killing neighbors, all in the name of "God" and "Christianity."

We should be looking to ways to bring light to the shadows in the Middle East, not ways to condemn their religion simply because evil people are warping it for their own sick purposes.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:51 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
But it doesn't answer the question as to why liberals attack Christianity but are to cowardly to do so with Islam.
This lie again?

Beverly Hills Hotel besieged by protests, boycott over Brunei laws*-*Los Angeles Times

Old 06-06-2014, 09:51 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
I think all muslims have some deep seated radicalism in them. Just because you do not see any of this violence in America doesn't mean they do no want to do it.
You are simply assuming here, I am willing to attack any religion that tries to imply their religious beliefs onto me.

Clearly you don't know any Muslims personally if your think they all have a deep seated radicalism to them, that is just absurd.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:52 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Liberals don't call Islam the religion of peace, Muslims do., and so it is.

Please don't judge Islam by a handful of extremists who have perverted the Qur'an and offended Allah.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:55 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
The problem is, there seems to be a lot more radical muslims spread around the world than radicals from any other religion.

Look at all the terrorist attacks globally in the last 20 years, and I'll bet you 97% were perpetrated by muslims.

There kind of like pit bulls, there's some sweet, friendly ones but a lot of bad ones that do a lot of harm. That's why I dislike muslims and pitbulls.
And, if you go back a few centuries, people were busy committing genocide in the name of God and Christianity - and that was just in Europe. I haven't studied as much Asian history, but it wouldn't surprise me if various groups over there used religion as part of their wars, too. So, should all religions be condemned? Should all be judged as "terrorists" because of the actions of a few?

The modern Middle East is a hotbed of tyranny and oppression - none of which is acceptable to Islam. It should come as no surprise that out of the fires of such tyranny comes brainwashing and violence. The tyranny is the problem, not the religion they are hiding behind and falsely representing.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:57 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,338 times
Quote:
Even most atheists tend not to attack Christianity. They just don't believe in it, which some Christians take to be an attack. For example when atheists put up displays at Christmas, it doesn't matter if the rest of the city is plastered in 'Jesus Saves' and 'True Meaning of Christmas' and nativity scenes, they'll focus on that one tiny display as if it's an affront to human decency and must be destroyed or else Christianity will sink into oblivion and Satan will rule the Earth.

Radical Christians on the other hand are notorious for telling people what they can and can't do, opposing science, opposing sexual freedom, etc... and from time to time it gets so annoying that someone loses it and says 'well, look at your religion and tell me it makes sense'.

And of course at that point your quasi-fascist persecution complex kicks in and tells you that you're under attack so it's time to spread outrage and claim you're being oppressed by the liberals, leftists, communists, atheists, heathens, sex perverts, music labels, etc.

I don't believe in Islam and I feel the same way about it as I do about Christianity, the biggest difference being that it wasn't shoved down my throat when I was a child and I haven't had too many Muslims shouting at me about how I'm going to go to hell. If I did, I would be just as annoyed.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:57 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,038,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Lol...

And if YouTube existed during the Middle Ages, we could have posted countless videos of local barons and lords slaughtering their neighbors because "God" told them to do it. And, when they got bored of killing the Christians next door, they'd march on the Holy Land and slaughter Muslims in the name of Jesus, who was well known for loving war... apparently in some versions of the Bible...

Have you actually read the Old Testament? And have you given any thought to how easily one could use a literal interpretation of the old laws to create a crazy fundamentalist state with only minor differences between it and the worst of the Taliban?

I've been to Turkey, walked the streets of Istanbul, broken bread with Muslims, and been been in a few mosques. The average Muslim is no different than the average Christian, Jew, Buddhist, or whatever. Most of them are just trying to live a decent life. The problem is that lunatics have taken over the Middle East and weaponized their religion. ANY religion can be weaponized when tyrants take over and the common people are brain-washed and controlled. Again, this is no different than the endless wars that raged over Europe ages ago, neighbors killing neighbors, all in the name of "God" and "Christianity."

We should be looking to ways to bring light to the shadows in the Middle East, not ways to condemn their religion simply because evil people are warping it for their own sick purposes.

The difference is 'Ages ago' is not today.....
Radical muslims still live in the dark ages, slaughtering innocent people in the name of allah and mohammed. They're crazy murderers and should be exterminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies