Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 12:39 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
Grow up.
That's all I really need or want out of a job.

You're blind if you think that people only have leftist ideologies because they want more for themselves... that's the stupidest of the stupid right-wingers demonizing the poor, demonizing the left, demonizing their opponents. It has nothing to do with reality.
Wow, taking it personal? lol. And anyone who says that's all they really want is LYING.

I knew "a job" wouldn't give me all I wanted so I risked it all and started my own business. I wanted better and I admit it. The difference is, I was willing to risk, work for it, take the harder, not guaranteed road. Foolish people believe that working for someone else is security. Foolish people think the good times last forever.

To say you don't want better makes you a liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 12:42 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Wow, taking it personal? lol. And anyone who says that's all they really want is LYING.

I knew "a job" wouldn't give me all I wanted so I risked it all and started my own business. I wanted better and I admit it. The difference is, I was willing to risk, work for it, take the harder, not guaranteed road. Foolish people believe that working for someone else is security. Foolish people think the good times last forever.

Odo wants better......your things and mine.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:14 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post

So wait-- you're telling me that I don't even know how I want to live my own life, because obviously I and everyone else wishes they were exactly like you.

Even though I have a job that makes me happy, provides a decent standard of living, and pays me more than I truly need, I'm a big stupid loser because I'm not like you. I live according to my principles and beliefs, not according to the pursuit of material wealth... it doesn't make you a superhero just because you chased the money, and just from this brief exchange we've been having I can confidently say it hasn't made you a better person either.

You're so happy that you desperately need to project your own materialistic worldview onto others... wow.

Last edited by Spatula City; 06-08-2014 at 02:28 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 02:26 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,782,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Odo wants better......your things and mine.
Agggh... you're so paranoid about someone taking your money you can't even listen to what I'm saying. I don't want your money, I have my own. What I do want is a better, more compassionate society where people's basic needs are being met and all positive, meaningful participation in society is valued and rewarded.

And your comment about feeding the animals is nasty-- so what, poor people are like animals to you? That just proves Marx's point about capitalism leading to alienation and dehumanization... you are a perfect product of the capitalist system as seen by Karl Marx. Congratulations on proving him right.

And I'm not talking about just throwing money at poor people, I'm talking about social programs, improved education, work training programs, crime prevention (not just policing), support for abused children and drug addicts, community-building, anti-racism, anti-sexism, etc.

It's not about just taking all of your money away and giving it to poor people so they can buy new TVs or whatever ridiculous notions are floating through your head right now... nobody wants that.

Right now they're basically paying people not to commit crimes because it's cheaper and easier than taking the kind of action that might make a difference.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:

You're blind if you think that people only have leftist ideologies because they want more for themselves...
So you speak for everyone saying that leftist don't want more for themselves?

Old 06-08-2014, 02:32 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Agggh... you're so paranoid about someone taking your money you can't even listen to what I'm saying. I don't want your money, I have my own. What I do want is a better, more compassionate society where people's basic needs are being met and all positive, meaningful participation in society is valued and rewarded.

And your comment about feeding the animals is nasty-- so what, poor people are like animals to you? That just proves Marx's point about capitalism leading to alienation and dehumanization... you are a perfect product of the capitalist system as seen by Karl Marx. Congratulations on proving him right.

And I'm not talking about just throwing money at poor people, I'm talking about social programs, improved education, work training programs, crime prevention (not just policing), support for abused children and drug addicts, community-building, anti-racism, anti-sexism, etc.

It's not about just taking all of your money away and giving it to poor people so they can buy new TVs or whatever ridiculous notions are floating through your head right now... nobody wants that.

Right now they're basically paying people not to commit crimes because it's cheaper and easier than taking the kind of action that might make a difference.
Nope....I know you will not get my money.

The animals comment is very true.....like it or, not.

The government puts up signs NOT to feed them.....it IS for their own good.....so the desire to hunt and care for their young is not bred out of them.

The government controls the people they feed.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:

No but you agree with government taking more of it. The poor are fooled into believing they'll get some of the money the government is taking from people.

And your comment about feeding the animals is nasty-- so what, poor people are like animals to you?

You know the argument. If you feed animals, they have no reason to hunt. They'll know someone will give food to them. If you give people everything they need then why would they work to get it.

That just proves Marx's point about capitalism leading to alienation and dehumanization... you are a perfect product of the capitalist system as seen by Karl Marx. Congratulations on proving him right.

So you're a Marxist?

The government already is doing all those things since the war on poverty began. Over 50 years of the war on poverty and what did we get for our investment? People who think society owes them, illegitimate kids, dead beat daddys, and the poor are still with us.

Really? It is a fact that they DO have big screen TV's, did you ever hear one driving buy with their blaring stereo? It's better than the one in my house. I remember when they had the electronics I couldn't afford... You should apply for a job with the Obama administration. You lie.

Quote:
Wow, sad, they are paid not to steal from us directly.

Hence my comment "animals". If government doesn't give it to them, then they'll steal it directly. Taking what they did NOTHING to earn, taking what isn't theirs.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:38 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
If up to those who are liberal; when they can take it away from those who produced it. Greed for other money is theft.

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
So wait-- you're telling me that I don't even know how I want to live my own life, because obviously I and everyone else wishes they were exactly like you.

Even though I have a job that makes me happy, provides a decent standard of living, and pays me more than I truly need, I'm a big stupid loser because I'm not like you. I live according to my principles and beliefs, not according to the pursuit of material wealth... it doesn't make you a superhero just because you chased the money, and just from this brief exchange we've been having I can confidently say it hasn't made you a better person either.

You're so happy that you desperately need to project your own materialistic worldview onto others... wow.
I preach to my kids to make sure your happy in life. All that matters. If your happy working at the quik trip so be it as long as you can pay your bills. Sure I want the best for em but some are happy doing their thing no matter what.

I think the poster you responded to was talking about folks who cry about how nothing is fair and they demand more of others money is the thing. You want more money then get a better job. If your happy doing what you do then do it. Simple stuff but some can't figure it out.

Quote:
Government will only give enough to prevent people from rising against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies