Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 04:08 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

In 2009 the Obama administration gave $535 million to Solyndra, claiming that it would create 4,000 new jobs. However, instead of creating those 4,000 new jobs, the company went bankrupt.

It was later revealed that the company’s shareholders and executives had made substantial donations to Obama’s campaign, that the company had spent a large sum of money on lobbying, and that Solyndra executives had had many meetings with White House officials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 04:10 PM

Although Obama stated that all of the “green energy” companies that received taxpayer money were chosen “based solely on their merits,” the truth is that 71% of these grants and loans went to Obama donors and fundraisers, who raised $457,834 for his campaign, and were later approved for grants and loans totaling more than $11 billion.

By November 2011, the Energy Department’s inspector general had begun more than 100 criminal investigations related to Obama’s “stimulus.” Although an “independent” review said that Obama had not done anything wrong, it was later reported that Herbert M. Allison Jr., the person who had conducted this “independent” review, donated $52,500 to Obama’s campaign.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:12 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
In 2009 the Obama administration gave $535 million to Solyndra, claiming that it would create 4,000 new jobs. However, instead of creating those 4,000 new jobs, the company went bankrupt.

It was later revealed that the company’s shareholders and executives had made substantial donations to Obama’s campaign, that the company had spent a large sum of money on lobbying, and that Solyndra executives had had many meetings with White House officials.
Yet.......Obama vowed to get lobbyists out of DC.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:12 PM

While working as a “community organizer,” Obama filed lawsuits which forced banks to give mortgages to people with bad credit and low incomes. As a result, many of these people ended up defaulting on their mortgages. As their attorney, Obama collected $23,000 in legal fees for himself.

Then in April 2013, during Obama’s second term as President, the Washington Post reported that President Obama was still pressuring banks “to make home loans to people with weaker credit.”

http://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.../15/obama-252/

Old 06-08-2014, 04:15 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeSeven View Post
The definition of what "poor" is will be forever changing as long as White people keep stealing, creating debt slaves, and driving up the price on everything.

I'm not a liberal, it's time people stop automatically associating being an ethnic minority with being a liberal. And secondly, I don't demonize wealth so as long as it's acquired in a moral way. America and most westernized countries have been brought up in a society that teaches them to gain wealth irregardless of who they hurt or adversely affect, when it's gotten to the point where we value money over humanity which is true in the USA and most westernized countries more than anywhere ie (GMO'S/Monsanto) then that's where your greed has gotten out of hand. I don't expect many White people to comprehend what I said, but hopefully a few of you will.

The middle class in the worlds "richest" countries aren't that much richer than many countries that are considered poor. What does that mean? The worlds richest country's rich people are REALLY rich and have been extremely effective at creating debt slaves, you can feel proud to be a debt slave if you want, but I'll be headed where the depression and suicide rate isn't so high and people actually enjoy their life.
What a racist pile of crap post.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I'm not a liberal, it's time people stop automatically associating being an ethnic minority with being a liberal. And secondly, I don't demonize wealth so as long as it's acquired in a moral way.
Doctors can make around $200k and they save lives but Obama had no problem demonizing them.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
The definition of what "poor" is will be forever changing as long as White people keep stealing, creating debt slaves, and driving up the price on everything.

I'm not a liberal, it's time people stop automatically associating being an ethnic minority with being a liberal. And secondly, I don't demonize wealth so as long as it's acquired in a moral way. America and most westernized countries have been brought up in a society that teaches them to gain wealth irregardless of who they hurt or adversely affect, when it's gotten to the point where we value money over humanity which is true in the USA and most westernized countries more than anywhere ie (GMO'S/Monsanto) then that's where your greed has gotten out of hand. I don't expect many White people to comprehend what I said, but hopefully a few of you will.

The middle class in the worlds "richest" countries aren't that much richer than many countries that are considered poor. What does that mean? The worlds richest country's rich people are REALLY rich and have been extremely effective at creating debt slaves, you can feel proud to be a debt slave if you want, but I'll be headed where the depression and suicide rate isn't so high and people actually enjoy their life.
wow, talk about hating and racism.

I do have to laugh at your "debt slave" comment. When people use debt to buy things is someone holding a gun to their head?

Old 06-08-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
In most cases no, there's no gun being held to their head. It's just through coercion and practicing bad and sometimes racist (Wells Fargo) lending habits. The average American relies very heavily on loans to maintain their lifestyle. I find it laughable when people say I want to "own" a home by the time I'm 30...I think, "No you won't own a home for about another 30 years, you'll be in debt though and you'll probably be approved for a loan with payments that you can barely afford to make ". There's such a taboo on renting, yet there's so many countries that do it happily and successfully.
Call them racist when they deny the loan, then call them racist because the people couldn't afford the mortgage. Wow!

Obama was a pioneering contributor to the national subprime real estate bubble. Roughly half of the 186 African-American clients in his landmark 1995 mortgage discrimination lawsuit against Citibank have since gone bankrupt or received foreclosure notices.

Obama’s lawsuit was one element of a national “anti-redlining” campaign led by Chicago’s progressive groups, who argued that banks unfairly refused to lend money to people living within so-called “redlines” around African-American communities. The campaign was powered by progressives’ moral claim that their expertise could boost home ownership among the United States’ most disadvantaged minority, African-Americans.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Do some research, then get back to me.
Your reasoning is ridiculous. No one owes you anything. If you can't afford it DON'T buy it. Renting is taboo? Are you so easily manipulated?

No one owes you anything!

Last edited by petch751; 06-08-2014 at 05:46 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Do some research, then get back to me.
Fact Check: Obama Had More to Do With 2008 Economic Meltdown Than Bush Ever Did

Guilty! "Obama Sued Citibank to Force it to Make Bad Loans"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies