Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 04:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I've dealt with my local senators office about some visa issues before, his staff got involved, put all the ducks in a row, and with that info he made a phone call and the issue was resolved. So it all depends on if you want to see them or need their help. Otherwise....why would they see you?
They should see me and all their constituents. That is why they are elected. Your local senator must be a good guy. I had a local rep who did the same. I told hmi he was a pig when all was taken care of and he laughed..............as did I. Good guy..........a dem..............and I vote for him not because of what he did for me but he's a good guy. Hard to find em nowdays. You don't think sheet comes into play then don't. Your being obtuse though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 04:22 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
They should see me and all their constituents. That is why they are elected. Your local senator must be a good guy. I had a local rep who did the same. I told hmi he was a pig when all was taken care of and he laughed..............as did I. Good guy..........a dem..............and I vote for him not because of what he did for me but he's a good guy. Hard to find em nowdays. You don't think sheet comes into play then don't. Your being obtuse though.
OK I dont know about your guy, but mines pretty busy doing his job, and he really did help me a lot, and MANY others. I'm far from alone in this guy doing his job. And when I see Ron Wyden putting the question to the NSA folks and calling them out I am really appreciative of him. But I have seen a few other senators who only know you when they are looking at re-election.

Who is your guy?

Old 06-10-2014, 04:43 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Pull your head out of the sand hot shot.

"By the time the attack was over, officials said 29 people were dead, including 10 militants.Another 24 people were injured, the military said.
The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the assault on the country's largest and busiest airport.
Speaking from an undisclosed location, Pakistani Taliban commander Abdullah Bahar said the attack was retaliation for the death of former chief Hakimullah Mehsud, who was killed in a U.S. drone strike in November in North Waziristan.

7 more bodies found after Pakistan airport terrorist attack - CNN.com
We were discussing Afghanistan and US forces, how did we jump to Pakistan.

That is not our country by the way

Old 06-10-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
OK I dont know about your guy, but mines pretty busy doing his job, and he really did help me a lot, and MANY others. I'm far from alone in this guy doing his job. And when I see Ron Wyden putting the question to the NSA folks and calling them out I am really appreciative of him. But I have seen a few other senators who only know you when they are looking at re-election.

Who is your guy?
"My guy" is a state rep. He got me on the news when the state tried to steal my kids for what happened in our daycare. That is why I will vote for him every day of the week because he took the time to help out. Most don't. He is out of office now............as folks don't care.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We were discussing Afghanistan and US forces, how did we jump to Pakistan.

That is not our country by the way
Pakistan is in play. You may not know it...........hey we caught your buddy in Pak and dumped him into the ocean........lol. If you believe that you will buy anything these morons put out.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:53 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Pakistan is in play. You may not know it...........hey we caught your buddy in Pak and dumped him into the ocean........lol. If you believe that you will buy anything these morons put out.
Once again we were discussing Afghanistan and the US Forces, try to focus.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Once again we were discussing Afghanistan and the US Forces, try to focus.
YOU brought up Pakistan not me. You are the one who needs to "focus".

Old 06-10-2014, 06:59 PM

Quote:
YOU brought up Pakistan not me. You are the one who needs to "focus". You say the Taliban are nothing and I provide you with reality and you squeal. Not a shock
c

Old 06-10-2014, 08:41 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Report: Freed Taliban Commander Vows To Return To War Against US

Somehow, trading one guy who deserted his mission for five who are fanatically committed to theirs doesn't seem like a fantastic trade.
Not so fast we celebrated the release of the soldier from the Taliban today in front of the White House, I guess Fox News forgot to mention it on the news tonight.

Rest of photos from today at link below.

Welcome home Bowe Bergdahl - PHOTObyTED

Old 06-10-2014, 09:26 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Stop what torture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies