Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2014, 05:13 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,255,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Well I didn't mean "disarm the whole nation" literally, just that anyone in the nation could be targeted quite easily.
Completely, if the government chose to single out any specific individual or individuals, then within a month they could be charged and indicted with one of the crimes that they don't even realize they've committed.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:15 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,729,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Completely, if the government chose to single out any specific individual or individuals, then within a month they could be charged and indicted with one of the crimes that they don't even realize they've committed.
Which is why we need to dismantle this system as soon as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 02:04 PM

546 posts, read 816,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
I'll tell you what makes me sick: Weak willies that won't take the responsibility to be prepared to protect themselves and their loved ones from harm. These spineless pansies expect others to shoulder that responsibility for them. Disgusting. These people are a blemish on the character of America.
Boy, you are a real tough guy with your gun aren't you. You realize that about 70% of murders are family related. So much for protecting your loved ones. My father fought in the Korean War and never had a single gun in the house. He was "man" enough to protect his family without a gun...he recognized the wild west ended many years ago.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:15 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,202,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I dont care what your skin color is, you have no right to burn down blocks of houses and business because you dont like the outcome of a trial..

I dont care who you are, if you try to throw a burning bottle of gasoline at my house, business or that of my friends, family, or community I will put one in you..I give a negative damn about your skin color, you a criminal, a arsonist, and a person who has attempted to burn innocent people alive based on a emotional response to the outcome a trail....

But yeah I must a "racist", right? (Sarcasm)

I guess if they were trying to kill you, I guess you as the "non racist" you are would let them just to prove how "non-racist" you are..

Are you talking about the KKK?

Old 06-24-2014, 02:56 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,899,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
Boy, you are a real tough guy with your gun aren't you. You realize that about 70% of murders are family related. So much for protecting your loved ones. My father fought in the Korean War and never had a single gun in the house. He was "man" enough to protect his family without a gun...he recognized the wild west ended many years ago.
What about people too old or weak to "man up" and protect their family? A family friend was beaten to death. She was diabetic and in a wheelchair. She couldn't run. She couldn't fight back with some hand to hand combat. A gun would have been an equalizer in this case. Would it have saved her? Who knows? But it is better than being hit in the head 13 times with a pipe wrench.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:39 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,169,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
The antiquated 2nd Amendment needs to be repealed. None other then conservative columnist George Will suggested we repeal the "embarassing" 2nd Amendment way back in 1991.

George Will Second Amendment | How Embarrassing: The Constitution Protects the Guns that Kill - Baltimore Sun

I have not checked recently but I am guessing Will may have changed his mind. I don't know and I don't care.

The 2nd Amendment is a blemish on the U.S. constitution....and our gun culture is an embarassing national shame.

No offense to the honest hunters out there. That can be sensibly regulated. But it is the gun nuts who insist they walk into coffee shops and public places with guns that make me sick. Grown men who still want to play army. I'll leave that to our professional men and women in the U.S. military.

And spare me the paranoid speeches about the tyrannical government that is going to knock down your door with the barrel of a gun pointing at your paranoid mind. The government has stockpiles and stockpiles of nuclear weapons. No amount of private gun ownership could stand up to that. A strong democracy does not or should not need such a foolish notion to thrive.

I know I'll be long dead before this ever has a chance of happening...seems the lunatics have taken over. That is the lunatics at the NRA have their fists up the a&* of our elected leaders in Congress.

lets allow some states to secede too while we are at it. that way we can finally be the country that the USA should be.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:45 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,154,382 times
I thought Will was smarter than that. I guess exposure to TV lights for too many years affects the thinking process. Shepard Smith has turned into MSNBC material.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:48 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,154,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
lets allow some states to secede too while we are at it. that way we can finally be the country that the USA should be.
I can't think of any blue states that want to leave the union.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:03 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,637,386 times
Default too late

we are about 50 years too late in this debate.
even if we overturned the 2nd amendment
tried the nra and gun lobby for war crimes
shut down every gun shop
do you really think there would be one less gun sale in this country???
we tried with alcohol and what happened??
and look at our drug problem.show me one state were you can buy heroin,cocaine, crystal meth,etc, over the counter??, and yet I can go to any state and buy all the above mentioned drugs by the box load.(i'm assuming because ive never done it)
if there is a demand there will always be a supply.In a very paranoid self destructing gun crazy country like america,gun sales will just increase once they become illegal.and as people like piers morgan found out the hard way. you dont argue with gun people.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:09 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,075,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
we are about 50 years too late in this debate.
even if we overturned the 2nd amendment
tried the nra and gun lobby for war crimes
shut down every gun shop
do you really think there would be one less gun sale in this country???
we tried with alcohol and what happened??
and look at our drug problem.show me one state were you can buy heroin,cocaine, crystal meth,etc, over the counter??, and yet I can go to any state and buy all the above mentioned drugs by the box load.(i'm assuming because ive never done it)
if there is a demand there will always be a supply.In a very paranoid self destructing gun crazy country like america,gun sales will just increase once they become illegal.and as people like piers morgan found out the hard way. you dont argue with gun people.
There is no doubt the idea that we would have almost no gun crime in the US if we banned guns, is simply incorrect. The anti-gun supporters fantasize about the US having similar gun crime stats to these small European countries. The truth is that these countries have a fraction of the population, much less concentrated poverty, and never had a lot of privately owned firearms. These countries also have many more social programs to help these in need, and can combat the social issues that lead to high crime rates.

It is unfortunate that those selling an anti-gun agenda, are doing so with a false premise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies