Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 02:51 PM

28,663 posts, read 18,768,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually he is wrong, sort of. the glock actually has three safeties, all of them automatic, two are internal, an done is on the trigger itself. what he should have said is that the glock has no external safety like the colt 1911.
Silly debate. The original statement was specifically that a safety on a Glock was manually released. The fact is that there is no factory-installed safety on a Glock that must be manually released. Debating the automatic safeties is irrelevant to the original point and counter-point.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
When people walk into a restaurant carrying "long guns," how do you know they are the "good guys with guns" or "bad guys with guns?"
If they walk in with their guns in their hands, I'm giving them a 0.9 probability of being up to no good and a 1.0 probability of being stupid.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:06 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
If they walk in with their guns in their hands, I'm giving them a 0.9 probability of being up to no good and a 1.0 probability of being stupid.
How long would it take to put the guns in their hands?

Old 06-08-2014, 03:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,824,867 times
Quote:
What if the criminals openly carry their guns in order to pose as law abiding citizens?
talk about an ignorant argument, how do you know if someone is a criminal or not just by looking at them? again are you using the force or something? perhaps you are one of EE "doc" smiths lensmen? what insight do you have that no one else seems to have?

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Like I said, "how can you tell a good guy carrying guns from a bad guy carrying guns?"

Quote:
Sgt. Ray Bush of the Ft. Worth Police Department told Channel 5 that officers received a call Thursday night from employees of the restaurant who thought that the large group of heavily armed white men had come to rob them.

They locked themselves inside a freezer for protection out of fear the rifle-carrying men would rob them,” Bush said via email. “The demonstration had no signage that would have alerted anyone to their real purpose, and to our knowledge they did not attempt to contact anyone in the Fort Worth Police Department to advise us prior to the demonstration.”
Zandar Versus The Stupid: Last Call For Open Carry, Openly Threatened

12,038 posts, read 8,406,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
And what are the stats on mass murders in the U.S. who shoot everyone Lodestar????
More white? or Black? So, who should we worry about more when seeing one walk into a Walmart with a gun strapped to his body?
In 2012 the statistics for mass shootings in the US was sixteen incidents with eighty-eight persons dead. With the population in the millions chances of it happening to you are certainly slim.

But in the city of Chicago alone there were five hundred and sixteen murders in 2012. The majority of them committed by Black gang members against other Black people.

So there really isn't any comparison.

In fact many of them involve shooting multiple people but your guess is as good as mine why they don't call them mass murderers.

I don't think it's an issue of race but rather of a subculture of violence. And it's not a matter of calling someone unstable but rather a matter of using rational thinking for one's own personal safety.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:15 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This is the ignorance of the left....

So, to reply to this persons answer....

How many people are killed by guns?

How many people are killed by the wrong medicine?

How many people are killed by a swimming pools?
Tell you what, when someone walks into a public place carrying a swimming pool or wielding a prescription drug that they could potentially use against me, I'll concede your inane response.

Until then, it's just an inane response.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
again are you using the force or something? perhaps you are one of EE "doc" smiths lensmen?
You're showing either your age or your nerd or both with that reference, and I'm showing my age or my nerd or both having caught it.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
How long would it take to put the guns in their hands?
Not long, but a gun already in the hand is much more definitely signaling an immediate intent to use it.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:31 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,824,867 times
Quote:
Like I said, "how can you tell a good guy carrying guns from a bad guy carrying guns?"

Zandar Versus The Stupid: Last Call For Open Carry, Openly Threatened
in other words, even though you accuse gun owners of being paranoid, you are the one that is really paranoid. personally i dont care if someone is openly carrying a firearm or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
You're showing either your age or your nerd or both with that reference, and I'm showing my age or my nerd or both having caught it.
both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies