Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 05:04 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As a gun owner and hunter I can't imagine being so tacky as to carry my rifle into the restaurant with me when I intend to eat. Lock them in the vehicle. If you are that worried about the security of your vehicle I would find another place to eat.
And I agree with you....Most gun owners will....

However, if the establishment says ...sure....then what the problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do people carry a fire extinguisher, tire iron, or life boat into a family restaurant?

The point is: what is appropriate for the situation at hand?
What is the situation? Someone following the law and a business lets them follow the law?

Old 06-08-2014, 05:06 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
As opposed to open carry where an accidental discharge of his long gun will spray the other patrons and cause considerable consternation and perhaps bodily injury.
How exactly would an accidental discharge "spray" the other patrons when in fact civilians aren't allowed to own guns that "spray" bullets? { automatics }

Please educate yourself before posting. If you can't bother to know what you're talking about you shouldn't be talking about it at all.

If bullets start "spraying" out of a semi-auto, you better duck and cover, because it isn't accidental.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Take a look at the posting on how 4000 have to die so 300 can be safe...

I don't like the odds.
Yet millions CC around you every day and you never know....

Old 06-08-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yet millions CC around you every day and you never know....
lol, if I were an irrational gun heter, I persoanlly would RATHER people open carry so that I knew who to be irrationaly afraid of.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:11 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
How exactly would an accidental discharge "spray" the other patrons when in fact civilians aren't allowed to own guns that "spray" bullets? { automatics }

Please educate yourself before posting. If you can't bother to know what you're talking about you shouldn't be talking about it at all.

If bullets start "spraying" out of a semi-auto, you better duck and cover, because it isn't accidental.
I thought I would make a humorous post with some truth.

However, more seriously, open carry is a public relations nightmare for gun rights groups. I am sure if any NRA representative is monitoring this debate, he wishes it would just go away.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
However, more seriously, open carry is a public relations nightmare for gun rights groups. I am sure if any NRA representative is monitoring this debate, he wishes it would just go away.
I am sure you are correct. These nuts down in Texas have alienated pro gun legislators in Texas to no end. They've asked NRA board members to try and make it stop..... The NRA did take a stand against it, but quickly backed down, unfortunately. Oh well.... when Open Carry Texas group ends up causing more anti-gun legislation to be put through instead of expanding gun rights, at least they'll be able to say they stuck to their guns { pun intended } and didn't compromise their beliefs for anyone.

There's something to be said about a captain who is willing to go down with his ship.... { although I don't know if that applies when the captain is the one who steered the ship in to the iceburgh to begin with }

Old 06-08-2014, 05:23 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,635,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Some of the pictures I've seen show them carrying shotguns, which are perfectly capable of spraying a wide area with one discharge.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
Some of the pictures I've seen show them carrying shotguns, which are perfectly capable of spraying a wide area with one discharge.
True, but I doubt that is what Threerun was referring to when he said it.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:29 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And I agree with you....Most gun owners will....

However, if the establishment says ...sure....then what the problem?
LOL no problem for me because I would be laughing at them. They are exactly what gives the anti-gun crowd the bullets to shoot the rest of us gun owners with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies